Hotels in Houston

I stayed here and loved it. Its perfect for one night. You can literally walk to the port - but they provide a complimentary shuttle. There are waterfront restaurants right across the street and then in the surrounding area lots of little shops and more restaurants. You can also do a dolphin tour right there across from the hotel. I travel by myself and don't rent a car, but didn't have any fears walking around.

It was fun watching the ship come in in the morning - you walk out the front door and there she is. :)

http://www.pier21galveston.com/

We are staying at the Best Western plus JFK suites July 8th. Then Galveston Limo picks us up at George Bush airport at 1100 to take us to the pier. Best Western provides free shuttle service and Galveston Limo is only $45 each round trip.

We are staying at the Best Western plus JFK suites July 8th. Then Galveston Limo picks us up at George Bush airport at 1100 to take us to the pier. Best Western provides free shuttle service and Galveston Limo is only $45 each round trip.

So you're staying up by IAH? What time is your check in for the Breeze, 12:30?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sailing from Galveston this month and I'm staying at the Tremont House in Galveston, a very nice hotel. Easy walk to the pier and they can arrange parking with their sister property Hotel Galvez. I've also stayed in the Hampton Inn, Texas City. A reasonable place with clean rooms

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sailing from Galveston this month and I'm staying at the Tremont House in Galveston, a very nice hotel. Easy walk to the pier and they can arrange parking with their sister property Hotel Galvez. I've also stayed in the Hampton Inn, Texas City. A reasonable place with clean rooms

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tremont House is already booked solid for their dates in February, as we already checked that one out. It looked like a great possibility for them, and am disappointed that it had no vacancies.

I just passed this info onto them. Thank you!

I'm staying at the ZaZa in Houston post-cruise. In the museum district...walkable to a bunch of stuff and they have a driver who'll take you around (5 miles I believe).

Nice hotel in a good location but much more $$$ than many who sail out of Galveston are willing to pay.

I'm staying at the ZaZa in Houston post-cruise. In the museum district...walkable to a bunch of stuff and they have a driver who'll take you around (5 miles I believe).

San Luis , Tremont , Moody Gardens , Galvez are comparable to ZaZa . If you flying in you will have two transfers for ZaZa . It seems just where you want to be Houston or Galveston .

San Luis , Tremont , Moody Gardens , Galvez are comparable to ZaZa . If you flying in you will have two transfers for ZaZa . It seems just where you want to be Houston or Galveston .

Staying there post-cruise. Was planning on self-debarking then catching an Uber to the hotel. Not sure what you mean by 2 transfers?