Silver Muse Dining & Spa Observations 115 Days Before Embarkation

Stumblefoot

Went to take a peek tonight on MySilversea to see what the process was like for the Silver Muse as we are 114-days away from embarkation day. My findings are as follows:

1. Couples massage sessions are only available for the 50-minute length, not 75.
  2. I was unable to book separate massage types for the same time period for the two of us, even when logging in using each other's credentials. It seems once a time period is selected, it is no longer available to any other traveling companions in the same suite, even if you want a different spa treatment type.
  3. Indochine is completely unavailable on various nights throughout the voyage, including embarkation day. Looks like this is going to be a popular venue this voyage.
  4. La Dame and Silver Note both only had “waitlist” reservations available on certain evenings. When making the reservation, a pop-up window would appear with the following message; “You have waitlisted a table for 2 at <insert name of restaurant>. Wait list requests are automatically reserved as cancellations are received. Please periodically check My Activities to review your restaurant request status or visit the Maitred on board to verify if space has come available.

That is all for now. I will report back once excursions are listed for booking in another month or so.

On mine, I had Atlantide and La Terrazza shown as unavailable in monaco. Probably 2 months out, Atlantide was "returned", then a month out, Both were available but La Dame was no longer.

All were available for guest usage in the end. I suspect for mine, the owner was probably looking to invite some friends on board (like happened on my previous cruise there and Prince Albert and lots of racing drivers are in La Champagne.)

If it's as you say and those restaurants are simply not available for booking, I would certainly be contacting SS and asking them to explain.

The small venues shown as wait listed will be because other guests have got in first. That said, I've booked "wait listed" twice in la Champagne and were offered places once onboard, so don't despair with it. That said, it sounds like the message to make reservations is getting through. I've never seen anything fully booked this far out on any cruise.

Can I ask what ports and which restaurants they are "not available" in?

It's not right any of the larger venues are "ever" removed IMHO. I doubt there are enough eating places available with that happening.

Always nice when my.silversea opens up for bookings. A sign it's not far off! My next is so far off it's not even in my thoughts yet.

Very jealous of the length of your time on board, but I do echo concerns about repetitive menus. Again I think it's something I would call and ask about. It's one thing to have the same menu for 7 days given the choices of restaurant but completely different for 35 days! I think I'd certainly be tempted to request a few "special"meals.... you deserve them with the amount you gave paid. Cruising on the Muse is not cheap.... even with the introduction of Vista and panorama suites to the fold. (I'm still intrigued how they managed to magically become available now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to take a peek tonight on MySilversea to see what the process was like for the Silver Muse as we are 114-days away from embarkation day. My findings are as follows:

1. Couples massage sessions are only available for the 50-minute length, not 75.
  2. I was unable to book separate massage types for the same time period for the two of us, even when logging in using each other's credentials. It seems once a time period is selected, it is no longer available to any other traveling companions in the same suite, even if you want a different spa treatment type.
  3. Indochine is completely unavailable on various nights throughout the voyage, including embarkation day. Looks like this is going to be a popular venue this voyage.
  4. La Dame and Silver Note both only had “waitlist” reservations available on certain evenings. When making the reservation, a pop-up window would appear with the following message; “You have waitlisted a table for 2 at <insert name of restaurant>. Wait list requests are automatically reserved as cancellations are received. Please periodically check My Activities to review your restaurant request status or visit the Maitred on board to verify if space has come available.

That is all for now. I will report back once excursions are listed for booking in another month or so.

A lot of work! A lot of stress! Very little luxury! jmo.

If it's as you say and those restaurants are simply not available for booking, I would certainly be contacting SS and asking them to explain.
It was only Indochine that wasn't available to book one night. All the other instances were waitlisted.
Can I ask what ports and which restaurants they are "not available" in?
That's a good question. Unfortunately, I didn't keep a record of the date or port.
Always nice when my.silversea opens up for bookings.
No doubt!
Very jealous of the length of your time on board, but I do echo concerns about repetitive menus.
After reviewing the menus you posted, we're not worried about the repetition. We plan to dine 4-times in Atlantide, including both nights when it'll be casual attire (embarkation and disembarkation), as well as La Terrazza. There is more than enough variety on those menus to keep us fat and happy. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand.

You'll understand and have better than an opinion once you've sailed and enjoyed a stress free, luxury cruise. (y)

My only concern for your experience will be the lack of menu change if that's what happens. So there may be some stress in working out what to ask the chef to specially prepare for you instead! :D

Changing the subject though.... I wonder how these Vista and Panorama bookings affect the overall numbers of the passenger count? I dont know what it was on mine (I should really have asked - and will do since I need to speak to them for a lunch visit in 3 weeks on the Wind !) - but it must affect the ability to host all guest reservations for dinner!

It was only Indochine that wasn't available to book one night. All the other instances were waitlisted.

Interesting! Maybe the posting of menus has given Indochine the success it deserves! :D I must say I am surprised though and do question just how many places they have released. I suspect you can pretty much guarantee being able to get any place you are allowed to book waitlisted. I simply don't believe that guests will have booked out 180 places (less the onboard only list) - so will be interested to see how that pans out. Try to have a peek through ports there are problems with indochine.

After reviewing the menus you posted, we're not worried about the repetition. We plan to dine 4-times in Atlantide, including both nights when it'll be casual attire (embarkation and disembarkation), as well as La Terrazza. There is more than enough variety on those menus to keep us fat and happy. [emoji3]

That's good... glad they've been helpful. Personally, thoughI would struggle with many visits to Atlantide, though I could happily go through the menu in Indochine.

I am very envious with the amount of work and stress you are enduring! lol

Changing the subject though.... I wonder how these Vista and Panorama bookings affect the overall numbers of the passenger count? I dont know what it was on mine (I should really have asked - and will do since I need to speak to them for a lunch visit in 3 weeks on the Wind !) - but it must affect the ability to host all guest reservations for dinner!

I know there is some kind of formula for number of third berths per sailing, But I don't know what that is.

There are 276 verandahs and suites on the Muse... x 2 = 552

12 Panorama and Vista cabins .... x2 = 24 for a total of 576. Capacity has always been stated as 596, which would mean they are planning on 20 cabins with third berths. It could be that the "formula" for third berths was originally set at 44 cabins with three, but I really doubt it. So I don't think the "addition" of the Vista and Panorama cabins actually affects the totals for diners.

Hello Stumblefoot remember me we were going to have drinks on the MUSE and send the bill to WES ,I have a reservation for Silver Note on 11/4 if you would like I can try to change it for 4. Contact me at etual324@aol.com and if you wish me to try to make the change I will need your name.

Hello Stumblefoot remember me we were going to have drinks on the MUSE and send the bill to WES ,I have a reservation for Silver Note on 11/4 if you would like I can try to change it for 4. Contact me at etual324@aol.com and if you wish me to try to make the change I will need your name.
Sounds like fun! I've just sent you a PM. See you in a few months.

I know there is some kind of formula for number of third berths per sailing, But I don't know what that is.

There are 276 verandahs and suites on the Muse... x 2 = 552

12 Panorama and Vista cabins .... x2 = 24 for a total of 576. Capacity has always been stated as 596, which would mean they are planning on 20 cabins with third berths. It could be that the "formula" for third berths was originally set at 44 cabins with three, but I really doubt it. So I don't think the "addition" of the Vista and Panorama cabins actually affects the totals for diners.

As we are only simple cats, we do things the simple way. We literally counted 298 "boxes" (guest living spaces) of any type (be it large or small) on the "Muse Deck Plan". Multiply this by 2 and you get 596, the claimed guest "capacity" of the ship, which we believe is the nominal number of permanent berths (excluding sofa beds, etc.)