Regent Seven Seas Holds Contest to Choose New Luxury Cruise Ship Name

LauraS

drib, excellent to hear about Reggie's back-story :D ........... who knew?

It is good to see Regent stepping in with useful, accurate information on this Board. Hopefully it will curtail some of the mis-information and opinion that is often posted by well meaning CC members as though it was informed 'fact'

Long may Reggie continue contributing information ferreted out from Miami .............. and also feeding back the thoughts of CC members to Regent management

Outstanding comments Flossie, as usual, and I am looking forward to Reggie's insights as well. This sounds like a plan.

d. Hopefully it will curtail some of the mis-information and opinion that is often posted by well meaning CC members as though it was informed 'fact'

Yes - it will cut down on information that is not accurate that is posted here from most posters (although much mis-information comes from onboard sources as well as Regent's Customer Service). As we all know, most of what is stated on CC is heresay so it will be nice to hear directly from Regent. Just hope that we (meaning all of us) don't argue with whomever is kind enough to be taking the time to respond to posts and can be respectful.

drib, excellent to hear about Reggie's back-story :D ........... who knew?

It is good to see Regent stepping in with useful, accurate information on this Board. Hopefully it will curtail some of the mis-information and opinion that is often posted by well meaning CC members as though it was informed 'fact'

Long may Reggie continue contributing information ferreted out from Miami .............. and also feeding back the thoughts of CC members to Regent management

I agree it is great that Regent is answering questions and clarifying issues.

Loved the Reggie story.

After blasted Irma (not her fault), I am slowly, very slowly, getting back to looking at a few things on the Regent board. I remembered that this thread used to tickle my lala, so I tuned in just now. Lala properly tickled; some stress relieved. Thanks for all the fun!

After blasted Irma (not her fault), I am slowly, very slowly, getting back to looking at a few things on the Regent board. I remembered that this thread used to tickle my lala, so I tuned in just now. Lala properly tickled; some stress relieved. Thanks for all the fun!

Really good to see you back here. I also get tickled by some posts on CC - even the snarky ones:halo:.

Better or worse:

icon_wall.gif

So a small correction - Reggie works in Miami, but he lives in Ft Lauderdale, in a dumpster behind the Publix at Northridge Shopping Center. (It's a lot nicer than it sounds.)

An assist to Flossie for the Regina connection.

Peggy (xrvlcruiser), I always intended to turn you into a dribnut, but without an avatar, I didn't have much to go by. Reggie, the Ferret, by the way, is not a dribnut. They are all retired now, like Cabbage Patch Kids and Beanie Babies.

And thanks to Z, the Legend, fizzy, and 1982CruzStat for the nice comments.

As to the naming contest - for the ship, that is - I think you can be pretty sure that it will be some NASA-like program name as is Navigator, Mariner, Voyager, and Explorer. I think the point of entering the contest is simply to have a chance at winning a free cruise. (A good chance - one in thousands, as opposed to one in millions for the lottery!) It would be nice if nationality were not an issue, but laws are complicated, and as everyone who has a mother has already has been told, life is not fair.

Then perhaps they can fess up and name it Regent Seven Seas Duplicator.

Those (Navigator, Voyager, Mariner and Explorer) are good names, though!

And often the same name is used by multiple cruise lines. I didn't like Explorer originally because it was currently in use by Silversea and Royal Caribbean and probably others. Still, it's a good name.

On the other hand, it will probably not be Endeavor (nor Endeavour), because Crystal is planning an expedition ship by that name.

If not for the er/or requirement, I like Avant-Garde! But I am expecting Pioneer or Pathfinder or something like that.

I feel your pain. Until the er/or requirement I was going to submit Regent Rendezvous as my submittal.