Explorer of the Seas - Connecting Staterooms

Sorry - another question: Are the connecting staterooms fairly sound proof? I have an option to get one (in a better position on the ship) but would not like to spend 22 days listening to a baby cry or a person snore :)

I am looking at cabin 7330. Any advice?

Sorry - another question: Are the connecting staterooms fairly sound proof? I have an option to get one (in a better position on the ship) but would not like to spend 22 days listening to a baby cry or a person snore :)

NO NO NO

had a connecting promenade once on Explorer. You could see light through the door let along sound of TV, every cough, and argument from next door

7330 or ?????

I would avoid connecting staterooms.

Only need to make that mistake once to realize how good advice this is.

Biker, who didn't pay attention to cabin configuration markers on deck diagram and didn't realize it was a connecting cabin till boarding.

Roll up a towel and stuff it under the door...works wonders! And remember..the sound goes BOTH ways...they may not like listening to YOU!

No kidding!! You're smart

A lot of good a towel under the door does when the light coming through is from all sides

I agree with most of the replies, had a connecting promenade room on Explorer 16 night. The door seemed to be warped and light came in on the side not just the bottom, our room attendant put masking tape around the Door and this helped with the light but not the sound, lucky we had fairly quiet neighbors. Hope they though the same about us. Would not do a connecting stateroom again