hcat

Members
Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

hcat's Achievements

30,000+ Club

30,000+ Club (7/15)

• "Live from...." Rare
  • Holiday Sharing Rare

Recent Badges

1. uh.. under spa cafe and its kitchen noisy at times...
  2. great point.. being in the water blocks outside noise!
  3. it looks big but prices are high! we get med size in the supermarket in NY and Fla for much less...very sweet! Maybe Alaskan Salmon is a better buy in Alaska??
  4. i learned this from you awhile ago . much better presentation. forever grateful!
  5. interesting convo but we are straying from topic of Tranquility! While we enjoy live music, shows a few drinks, & good food, we do not cruise to party...we cruise to relax, away from our phones..and enjoy the sun sea and sky! I spend much of my time in the solarium and spa..(even with rising prices) ..It would be nice to not have these places turn into an extension of the loudness that is now predominant on many of the ships.
  6. Looks like a big hint by Celebrity on Silhouette.. I saw this posted in a recent review.. It's inside the thermal suite area with the loungers, but a good start. Maybe X could have Quiet Time for an hour or two in the Solarium in the mornings.?? At Sandals Bahamas, they actually had a quiet pool area, and a sep party pool with music and fun etc.. It worked well!
  7. Nice review.. ship looks great! We are booked for a short pre holiday cruise in Dec..Have not been on Silho for many yrs...looking forward to it! Trying Concierge Class. We signed up for a Harbor "cruise" in Nassau, and Glass Bottom Boat in Key West. Been to both ports many times so no need to wander much!
  8. still following.. Did that crab leg really cost $ 79 as I think I saw listed on the Crab Place menu? A bit pricey if it was..even for such a nice size.. Your salad looked great...sorry the crab soup was disappointing. Your posts of the food at EDEN will help many decide on whether or not to do the tasting or reg menu. We did the reg menu and were very happy with our choice to go with that.. I tasted my husb crab cake..he liked it, I thought it was too salty! We were so full, we could not even consider dessert!
  9. great photos..nicely spaced out, interesting info..all well done. looks like a very nice trip so far! our friends are flying to Vancouver tonight..sailing to Alaska Sunday .not sure which ship or what excursions they have planned!
  10. they give pencils and cardboard pens.. and one pad ..in the cabin hard to find paper or pads..we bring our own
  11. in some places it's accepted more than in others..an open seat is a seat where we live!
  12. if you can't get in to early, can you get anytime dining..and make res for each day? We could not eat at late dining ..way too late( esp for a diabetic) hope the ship will be accomodating once you are on board!
  13. We have enough pins, pens, writing paper (still from Mercury), cocktail glasses, tote bags and card folders to fill 2 large bins in the attic.. Maybe we'll bring some of these "artifacts" on future cruises..use as door prizes at the get togethers. I do like the recipe books and cards (food and bev), and treasure all my ART tour books!
  14. Jim..and othe photo pros.. You and some others create truly amazing photography. Works of art. Most of us just post photos taken along the way.. simpler the better for me. I like seeing pics of the ship, staff, food, activity on board, ports and excursions..but I will never be an artist and appreciate any effort by others to share! Never knew I- phones were so complicated. Hope you can help Georgia post some of her pics. Sign me " just point and shoot"