About Me

• Interests
    Classic Film, Food & Wine, Comedy, Jazz
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Virgin Voyages
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Wherever the water is calm

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

CineGraphic's Achievements

5,000+ Club

5,000+ Club (9/20)

• "Live from...." Rare

Recent Badges

1. I've always tipped musicians when making requests.
  2. I could understand if they were Ukrainian males. A few months ago, the Ukrainian embassies and consulates around the world stop processing passport renewals for men over the age of 18, forcing them to return to the Ukraine, where they will ultimately end up in the military.
  3. Solos are the easiest to accommodate.
  4. Please note: The suites have real Queen/King mattresses, and cannot be separated.
  5. It's indicating a footnote, usually with terms, exceptions, shipping costs, etc... Just know that not only does the photographer get special training for these sessions, they also get trained in sales.....and they are on commission. Don't think that they'll let you walk out with just the free portrait without a lengthy sales pitch about these buying multiple prints of these once in a lifetime photos for you and your loved ones.
  6. If you can afford a suite, the suites all have normal sized beds.
  7. I haven't sailed with Princess in two years, but I clearly remember seeing our room steward or a supervisor with a spreadsheet noting who pre-paid grats, and who didn't. I've also been thanked by staff for pre-paying. They know....and they also know who goes to Guest Relations and has the grats adjusted or removed.
  8. With the countless threads on the subject over the years, it's obvious that many on here worry about who's getting paid what.
  9. My first reply on page 1 of this thread has a video.
  10. Yes, we're paying something towards gratuities as part of our fare, but it's cheaper than you think when you don't have a ton of add-ons to pay for at the end of the cruise. It's so nice to cruise and not worry about who's getting paid and who's not. That's the last thing I want to think about while on vacation.
  11. This is a big reason why we've sailed solely with Virgin Voyages for the last 2 years. We don't have to worry about who gets what. There's nothing to pre-pay or a large bill to settle at the end of the cruise, and there's no 18% gratuity added to your bar tab either. The crew gets paid the same whether the ship is full or not. They also get free internet and laundry, and can eat in any of the dining venues. It's not rocket science: Happy crew = happy customers.
  12. You can be the worst singer and win, all you need is a lot of friends in the audience. Another factor is song choice. I'm now in my 60s, but only participated when I was in my 50s. Out of five sailings, I made it to the finals all 5 times, and won 3 of them. One time I was beaten by a woman in her 80s. She was clearly having fun, and the audience ate it up.
  13. Here's the official Instagram page for "Squid Ink" this ship's tattoo parlor. https://www.instagram.com/squidink.vv/?hl=en
  14. Yes, there are plenty of 2 tops, except for Gunbae, the Koren BBQ. You will always be asked about allergies when ordering. They seem to be more conscientious than any other line we've sailed. That's a personal choice. Personally, I don't t feel $500 is ever worth a few hours of shade that I can get with an umbrella for free. Short answer: No