BonTexasNY

Members
About Me

Recent Profile Visitors

1,690 profile views

BonTexasNY's Achievements

3,000+ Club

3,000+ Club (3/15)

1. For the past 4 years, some friends and I, 5 in total, have been texting every single morning, just to say good morning and let us all know what's going on in our lives that day. More importantly, to keep the closeness we shared when we lived in the same complex for 2 years. Four years ago, we all moved to different locations, 3 here in TX, one in South Carolina, one in Ohio and vowed to keep in touch daily. I wanted to share one of this morning's message with all of you:
  2. Teens never heard of calories. 😉 The 2 times I had it, it was shared with a group of friends. The Jahn's I remember was on Church near Flatbush. I didn't live in Bklyn but my sister lived in East Flatbush after she married. My friend's brother lived near my sister and we spent many week-end days visiting them and stopping at Jahn's. There was also a Jahn's in my Manhattan 'hood on Grand St. That's where I had the kitchen sink, twice, with a bunch of friends.
  3. My blast from the past is Jahn's kitchen sink ice cream extravaganza shared with the best of friends! We throw everything at you with this gigantic sundae served in our own specially made sink! We take three sliced bananas, scoops of your choice of up to 8 flavors of ice creams, 8 servings of toppings, mounds and mounds of whipped cream, chopped toasted almonds and cherries.
  4. Good pizza in Dallas? Really?? 😊 In TX, the best authentic NY pizza we've had is in Plano on Parker Rd. near the Tollway. Joe's pizza, across from Plano Presby hospital. Huge triangular slices, you fold in half "ala" Tony Manero in the movie Saturday Night Fever. As Trainman a much beloved member of CC used to say, "Growing old ain't for sissies". Greg, my heart is with you for a successful outcome!
  5. @firefly333 Jane, I'm sorry your move didn't go the way it should have. You got some good advice in here about your unpacking issue. I hope it all works out for you.
  6. I know this to be true: Those wonderful memories will always be with you as you create new ones wherever you are.
  7. We moved 20 years ago to TX from NY and everything went smoothly. No broker fee, no additional cost. Movers packed up our kitchen items, and we even paid for our 2nd car to be shipped as well. Everything was listed plainly in the contract. I don't recall how long it took to be delivered, maybe a week or so and it certainly was in the time frame promised. I don't remember who the movers were or how we chose them but ultimately it was a good choice and a stress-free move. @firefly333 Jane, I hope things go smoothly with delivery. I'm sorry you're getting slammed with extra costs.
  8. Yes! I'd love to meet my Rockland County connection in person! I am so glad to hear you're going on your first cruise in a while. Others have said it best. Good to be with friends and good to be alone when needed. BTW a friend of mine has a house on LBI. @Sunshine3601 Debbie doesn't know them. I won't post their last name but they're Stacie and Ken from Rockland County; 3 children, grown now with kids of their own. She's an interior designer, he had or has a furniture business. I think they're in their 60s. That's all I'm willing to post. 🤐
  9. I don't recall if I acknowledged Susan's special day so happy birthday to Susan! May all of her birthday wishes come true. I've had Grisham's latest book on hold at my library for at least 3 months. Hope it's a good one.