Newest Koningsdam Pictures

InTheWASide

Thanks for posting the menu! I am a huge steak tartare fan, was it good?

Looks like a fried egg on top, I have only had it served with raw egg. How was the boullibaisse? Looks good, the one we make is normally a more tomato based broth but it looks good.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I think you can do a lot better by staying at home and go to a good restaurant..

Yep, sleep in your own bed, drive down to the shore, hire a row boat and go for a "cruise", buy fish and chips and sit on the beach, tip your DW/DH for making the bed, log on and make some silly comments on CC, down to the country club for the fish or chicken. Who needs to pay all that money to be on HAL when you can DIY the experience

Yep, sleep in your own bed, drive down to the shore, hire a row boat and go for a "cruise", buy fish and chips and sit on the beach, tip your DW/DH for making the bed, log on and make some silly comments on CC, down to the country club for the fish or chicken. Who needs to pay all that money to be on HAL when you can DIY the experience

I'm just saying I prefer a fixed price specialty dining model. A la carte with nickel and dime sides and market price for some items, no interest.

The ship looks beautiful but a la carte specialty pricing ($2 for sides?!?) is offensive on a cruise ship.

Thankfully there are a myriad of other restaurants to choose to eat at then.

A la carte for us is cheaper, my wife is a picky eater with a small appetite so it's wasteful to spend $29 at the Pinnacle when Sel de Mar's meal for her would be around $20, max.

I'm so excited to eat at Sel de Mer.

I'm just saying I prefer a fixed price specialty dining model. A la carte with nickel and dime sides and market price for some items, no interest.

I wasn't disagreeing with you just having a bit of a laugh at mr grumpy comments. [emoji4]

Personally as I don't cruise often I would prefer fixed pricing as that way I just try things and not think too much about "value" etc. same reason I personally would get the sbp, prefer to just relax and have a good time rather than costing each individual item.

But the logic above of sppunk is completely valid, my DW would likely be very happy to order 2 starters.

We will be trying everything and can then make comments later

Just guessing but doubt very much that Mariner star discount will apply.
Brad should know what the actual case is.

Will our view be blocked by the lifeboats?
No. Edited by jtl513

Great menu!

Love the fact that this ship has so many Belgian elements 😀

For sure I will want to try Mosselen Friet ( Mouled Frites/ Mussels and fries), our Belgian National dish 😀 as well as another Belgian Classic: Sole Meuniere (Pan fried whole Dover Sole).

Just hope you can get the beers from the Grand Dutch café to accompany the Mussels 😛

but some of the choices are really exciting and we don't have a French restaurant in Ocala that has most of these offerings. I guesss we will eat there several times during our 3 week cruise as we have a lot of OBCs.

Thanks for posting the menu! I am a huge steak tartare fan, was it good?

Looks like a fried egg on top, I have only had it served with raw egg. How was the boullibaisse? Looks good, the one we make is normally a more tomato based broth but it looks good.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Tha tartare was crazy good. Definitely recommend it. Bouliabasse I tasted the broth. Pretty tasty

The ship looks beautiful but a la carte specialty pricing ($2 for sides?!?) is offensive on a cruise ship.

So bear with me. First I need to ask forgiveness! I broke my diet this evening and just didnt feel like cooking! So what to do.......go out to KFC.

I actually started laughing out loud at KFC and all I could think about was cruising and eating. The people around me probably thought I was a crazy man......I was by myself.

So what was funny???? On the KFC menu were extra sides. Of course, over and above what ever might come with your meal. Each side was $1.99

That would be $1.99 for lovely instant potatoes, salty and soggy green beans, etc etc etc.

So I ask.....for a penny more, a side dish at Sel de Mar or a lovely plastic bowl at KFC.

Its all about perspective and a good laugh occasionally at KFC!

The cruise industry has for the most part left the all-inclusive model behind and it has pros and cons.

We could either still be on ships where the only dining options are the dining room and the buffet or we can experience specialty restaurants for an extra fee. And for those that don't care to eat in specialty restaurants they don't have to pay more than needed, same way people who want alcoholic beverages pay extra for it. Just like the airlines treat us.

Edited by Boytjie

So bear with me. First I need to ask forgiveness! I broke my diet this evening and just didnt feel like cooking! So what to do.......go out to KFC.

I actually started laughing out loud at KFC and all I could think about was cruising and eating. The people around me probably thought I was a crazy man......I was by myself.

So what was funny???? On the KFC menu were extra sides. Of course, over and above what ever might come with your meal. Each side was $1.99

That would be $1.99 for lovely instant potatoes, salty and soggy green beans, etc etc etc.

So I ask.....for a penny more, a side dish at Sel de Mar or a lovely plastic bowl at KFC.

It sounds like you got some great restaurants in your neighborhood..

But can you get one gallon of KFC gravy on HAL? *twitches*