Here is where to punch a hole in RFID SeaPass Card (X-Ray)

I had seen a thread a few days ago about someone wanting to know where to punch a hole in the RFID cards to clip them to a lanyard. So I took the card with me to work and had a buddy of mine x-ray the card on a C-Arm. The black mark on the left on the card is just my name blacked out. You can see the antenna around the perimeter and the chip located on the upper right side.

8iT72j3MMOGnZMcriqI8_1vZElVg9WqmO4ZPK_Qs3YFnF26h8_jwGZ6KMm_5HtV91mQamNrJsb_dq1jsB0MSwFCt3Gaxrkj6TIxqV99mimyZ9MvOoXlWV_YPJ_DJoun-FLh-MF1c_wjCd_qHzf8-SPdDejKA5FaIX9UPO81KQegDQdTbr1opsEHrBiKTFOfEfxV2xloWYhEiduL8MmX6ZenFIMGswwZpw1F4WZe8-AEmxKV165HQmSvXQbEnXW-b8tPRb8c682tagu_PMGWz5Mo88bqpHOy8wEWQP0v1i4PTcZ0JondzdhRu0hGEqXNCWTYW_RA0T-c4LDM6seNcr6nYvGiRYrjZuSkx2LldvQFvEBeKldFxXWFF-HBbMI-VLDpzO_0KMaPqddC9lKxdFTly2sD4kWMvzV919QJVCYOsOD_lDRZ6XT5dqBsOLcIf_WB26LzqltfSLMy_LPV2D_QkeFDOiud3OibHRqhECS2ONxs2jyqiH-R7rEkQ45czNKqJAwXzwBkLNtFfDf2CzQM9pE7swoRFsC0RkKOgj-7Zyn84HLZS6rIegGwrrjqOfLUX4vEtWyNmNcjdiTR_fdnBVneXuDu34PwSgBdHtJoOoS9IQLhr=w1202-h755-no

Here is with my Anthem SeaPass card overlayed so you can see with the card graphics where it is safe to punch a hole.

DIeFsUxNuvrNCUYKdcYrvAZ4Bfz-fStMLmWut6wCm7BWT3xJXQ_y7DWGziVWRUx-EdhpXS6d1sUkNRwYYFmj6sQmsfKC_CjWoH3WK-ItVWn8GxGKfzAZ4K3_J08QQkwDe19xtaFn_c7VXjewoMHm722tJv8NhelhDcuLGe4Do9DM8B7cAZbuYWM_0rUSjlOefj1r9nc5xCAzJYIkAmcAHbRfYvXENrHbxBJcQba_tIzvt0N1P7l-0UNvVghvSOTD9Tji36aStwpeGjhdmURk-Ol_Da_XJW5ul47cGK5XFVPHnO2M2-q_QuvQ1Szm04-D9A93zus2bCL_t36EEzg02DH7LO29fW3kx8-MqlxU8191LtFoHqlpxJM0ceY4xZieK84eMOJ4qoxy2NAFHFp062rUGiGLZvqOYVyYlHw0FI5Rug7zqcPVgerCZPAN86_O50UtXQ0Qq9Ds1Moebmn4vrQcWz_bGdHIgzwgUkpgSM_fxPWBCfLt4MTsamPgKZucY7s6qnfYi0LmST74MVUXn_M0xQPOYyWSQGSgwsqE7H1BQvbIks78GZa88cG0asOIGjB3U8f8BcI9feNaQbs7kAK_yywTQFt-0LVcOKHkDu5n_-UBUmjr=w1202-h755-no

Current ships (as of April 2017) using RFID SeaPass Card are Anthem, Quantum and Harmony. I think it is just those 3. Soon to be added, Ovation, and then Symphony.

Hope this helps

dp

Edited by dpostman

I had seen a thread a few days ago about someone wanting to know where to punch a hole in the RFID cards to clip them to a lanyard. So I took the card with me to work and had a buddy of mine x-ray the card on a C-Arm. The black mark on the left on the card is just my name blacked out. You can see the antenna around the perimeter and the chip located on the upper right side.

8iT72j3MMOGnZMcriqI8_1vZElVg9WqmO4ZPK_Qs3YFnF26h8_jwGZ6KMm_5HtV91mQamNrJsb_dq1jsB0MSwFCt3Gaxrkj6TIxqV99mimyZ9MvOoXlWV_YPJ_DJoun-FLh-MF1c_wjCd_qHzf8-SPdDejKA5FaIX9UPO81KQegDQdTbr1opsEHrBiKTFOfEfxV2xloWYhEiduL8MmX6ZenFIMGswwZpw1F4WZe8-AEmxKV165HQmSvXQbEnXW-b8tPRb8c682tagu_PMGWz5Mo88bqpHOy8wEWQP0v1i4PTcZ0JondzdhRu0hGEqXNCWTYW_RA0T-c4LDM6seNcr6nYvGiRYrjZuSkx2LldvQFvEBeKldFxXWFF-HBbMI-VLDpzO_0KMaPqddC9lKxdFTly2sD4kWMvzV919QJVCYOsOD_lDRZ6XT5dqBsOLcIf_WB26LzqltfSLMy_LPV2D_QkeFDOiud3OibHRqhECS2ONxs2jyqiH-R7rEkQ45czNKqJAwXzwBkLNtFfDf2CzQM9pE7swoRFsC0RkKOgj-7Zyn84HLZS6rIegGwrrjqOfLUX4vEtWyNmNcjdiTR_fdnBVneXuDu34PwSgBdHtJoOoS9IQLhr=w1202-h755-no

Here is with my Anthem SeaPass card overlayed so you can see with the card graphics where it is safe to punch a hole.

DIeFsUxNuvrNCUYKdcYrvAZ4Bfz-fStMLmWut6wCm7BWT3xJXQ_y7DWGziVWRUx-EdhpXS6d1sUkNRwYYFmj6sQmsfKC_CjWoH3WK-ItVWn8GxGKfzAZ4K3_J08QQkwDe19xtaFn_c7VXjewoMHm722tJv8NhelhDcuLGe4Do9DM8B7cAZbuYWM_0rUSjlOefj1r9nc5xCAzJYIkAmcAHbRfYvXENrHbxBJcQba_tIzvt0N1P7l-0UNvVghvSOTD9Tji36aStwpeGjhdmURk-Ol_Da_XJW5ul47cGK5XFVPHnO2M2-q_QuvQ1Szm04-D9A93zus2bCL_t36EEzg02DH7LO29fW3kx8-MqlxU8191LtFoHqlpxJM0ceY4xZieK84eMOJ4qoxy2NAFHFp062rUGiGLZvqOYVyYlHw0FI5Rug7zqcPVgerCZPAN86_O50UtXQ0Qq9Ds1Moebmn4vrQcWz_bGdHIgzwgUkpgSM_fxPWBCfLt4MTsamPgKZucY7s6qnfYi0LmST74MVUXn_M0xQPOYyWSQGSgwsqE7H1BQvbIks78GZa88cG0asOIGjB3U8f8BcI9feNaQbs7kAK_yywTQFt-0LVcOKHkDu5n_-UBUmjr=w1202-h755-no

Current ships (as of April 2017) using RFID SeaPass Card are Anthem, Quantum and Harmony. I think it is just those 3. Soon to be added, Ovation, and then Symphony.

Hope this helps

dp

Think I might go to customer service deck and ask them to punch it.

Just stick it in your pocket!

That is exactly what I do. But someone asked where it was safe to punch a hole in the RFID card and since I could provide an answer that was helpful... I did. :rolleyes:

dp

As a female, there are many times I am in an outfit with no pockets! Dress, skirt, even many pants or shorts!

I still will probably bring a lanyard with a clear plastic pouch. Knowing me, I'd manage to punch the hole in the wrong spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is exactly what I do. But someone asked where it was safe to punch a hole in the RFID card and since I could provide an answer that was helpful... I did. :rolleyes:

dp

Thanks for posting. I like my card on a lanyard attached to my belt loop and then in my pocket.

I also cannot get the photos but thank you so very much for trying, I was one of the people asking about the hold punch...I decided since hearing as for instance with the slots, all I have to do is tap the machine with my card, I am ok now with not having that hold punch.

Clarea, if your here, or anybody that would know the answer, I forgot, am I able to leave my card in the pastic while tapping my card to the slot machine or do I have to take it out of the plastic?

i thought women regularly hid money etc in their bras? maybe thats just what i see on tv?

Some women do this. Not all though (some don't have enough room!) And a card is not comfortable to have there, or in a bathing suit. :)

Ovation has been sailing for just over a year and uses RFID cards.;)

Biker, who also can't see the pics.

^ So, the chip seems to have moved from my Quantum card - on that it was around where it says "Deck 3" and punching around the Northstar capsule was was safe - not so with this card. Also, the antenna wiring seems to be a bit further in than I remember with my card. Like with everything else, it varies.

^ So, the chip seems to have moved from my Quantum card - on that it was around where it says "Deck 3" and punching around the Northstar capsule was was safe - not so with this card. Also, the antenna wiring seems to be a bit further in than I remember with my card. Like with everything else, it varies.

The variance may be why Guest Services is reluctant to punch a hole. Their stock of cards might be several different versions with the chip and antenna in different places.

Here are the photos reposted.

For some reason they come up for me.

0b4cee422e2cb9613b6a027c6c3bc190.jpg56b3d134c3085708d8b76e2bb6aaabb3.jpg

Sent from a mobile device

Thanks for reposting for me. I obviously could see the pics no problem in my own post so I had no idea. I wish I could go modify the original post but anyway... thanks.

dp

The variance may be why Guest Services is reluctant to punch a hole. Their stock of cards might be several different versions with the chip and antenna in different places.

+1, get a pouch type card holder for the lanyard.

Ovation has been sailing for just over a year and uses RFID cards.;)

Biker, who also can't see the pics.

Yes... Thanks. It was getting close to my bed time when I posted. My brain must have been half asleep. I should have remembered that but I haven't seen much info on Ovation probably due to it's itinerary.

dp