Workaround when you cannot print the HAL boarding pass

someotherguy

Edge is microsoft's internet surfer in Windows 10. (Like IE, Chrome, whatever - just a different browser).

HAL does have a warning not to have ad pop up blockers on which, hopefully people are noticing.

Thanks Jacqui/Kazu...I wondered what that was!

I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and be thankful that mine printed....but I feel sorry for all those folks having issues...there is nothing more frustrating than having computer issues with something so important.

I'm on Windows 10 on the PC and I've tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox. On the laptop I'm on Windows 10 and I've tried Edge, Mozilla and Chrome. On the tablet it is Windows 8.1 and I've tried Edge. No luck with any of those.

I checked the downloads folder, but nothing is there. It doesn't get as far as downloading to go there.

I've got some time, so hopefully, this will get fixed. I have commented on this to HAL. If not, I'll have my PCC send them to me in pdf form.

I had my PCC print and (SNAIL mail it to me). I was tired of wasting my time with it an d if hAL cannot get a boading pass, to me, I cannot cruise HAL. My Pcc was fine a bout doing it for me.

I'm on Windows 10 on the PC and I've tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox. On the laptop I'm on Windows 10 and I've tried Edge, Mozilla and Chrome. On the tablet it is Windows 8.1 and I've tried Edge. No luck with any of those.

I checked the downloads folder, but nothing is there. It doesn't get as far as downloading to go there.

I've got some time, so hopefully, this will get fixed. I have commented on this to HAL. If not, I'll have my PCC send them to me in pdf form.

Just a thought...maybe W10 is at the center of the problem...maybe HAL's doc printing is only compatible with older operating systems like my W8.1 with Chrome.:confused:

Just a thought...maybe W10 is at the center of the problem...maybe HAL's doc printing is only compatible with older operating systems like my W8.1 with Chrome.:confused:

Or HAL's operating system is the centre of the problem?

My heavens, I converted to Windows 10 a number of years ago. If HAL's system is not compatible with it, there is something very wrong in Denmark. :confused:

It was not also compatible with Safari on my Ipad.

Seriously????

If one could get them up, they could easily take a screen shot if they preferred, but there is definitely a challenge from reports here and my own experience.

If that is the case, HAL's Tech Depart ment shines once more ...:roll eyes: How BAD can they actually get?

They are definitely not paying attention to detail. For my Canada/New England cruise they have a picture of Il Duomo in Florence Italy. Really?

They are definitely not paying attention to detail. For my Canada/New England cruise they have a picture of Il Duomo in Florence Italy. Really?

Ooh, a surprise extra port!!! ;p

A Cunard itinerary once listed Sydney Australia as a port on a Canada cruise.

OMG! LOL :'):loudcry:

they have a picture of an inside cabin for my stateroom when I log in. :confused: Not the cabin I booked as they used to.

OMG! LOL :'):loudcry:

they have a picture of an inside cabin for my stateroom when I log in. :confused: Not the cabin I booked as they used to.

Holy Moly...let's hope they have you in the right room!

I agree...it seems HAL needs some expert techs on call...they need to make their printing capabilities compatible to all operating systems . W10 is not that new.....it has been around a while...they should be up to speed on all systems/browsers! Not aggravate their customers!

This thread made me curious so I just tried printing my luggage tags. I have never been able to print from the "My Reservations" page but, just for giggles, I tried it again. Still the same "Can only print one PDF at a time" error so no surprise there. Went to my docs page and was able to pull up the print luggage tags window without a problem. Using Chrome on Windows 10.

If I was ready to print documents', I would be so temped to e-mail Office of the President and ask if they could please get those documents printed as many here are unable to do so Would be outstanding to see if they make any effort to have this 'situation' fixed

IF they are not aware how bad their tech department, is, maybe it would be a favor for them to learn the struggle their 'valued 'guests' are having trying to print a boarding pass that used to be snail mailed to us The 'cruise experience' starts, iMO from the time we begin to make a booking and ends when we get home and presumably get an after cruise survey on whcih we can tell about our 'whole cruise experience No:?? If we have to struggle and spend an inordinate amount of time printing a boarding pas HAL NEEDS A BETTER SYSTEM

We were asked at those places every time we've sailed from FLL, including this past January.

My problem is that I tend to forget to print only page 1. :rolleyes:

NO JOKE I ordered Print for my boarding pass (page one only) and got the entire paper tray printed at the top with gibberish. I had to cancel the queue but now the printer keeps going if there is paper.

I think I got a printer virus.:')

If everyone pesters their TA and PCC's to do this for them, my guess is HAL Seattle offices may get LOADS OF COMPLAINTS. I doubt either the TA's , PCC's or Seatle Offices wan to keep being annoyed with this Why would we want to be?

Please note that PDF's are generated by your browser and not HAL. Your browser's setting dictate:

1. If a PDF is allowed to display

2. How it's downloaded and where i.e.., your documents folder, right away etc.

3. Ad Blockers also affect popups so can affect whether the PDF comes up.

4. Does it display in a new tab or new window?

Don't forget that a company cannot override your browser settings. If HAL were having the issue then no one would be able to print.

Please note that PDF's are generated by your browser and not HAL. Your browser's setting dictate:

1. If a PDF is allowed to display

2. How it's downloaded and where i.e.., your documents folder, right away etc.

3. Ad Blockers also affect popups so can affect whether the PDF comes up.

4. Does it display in a new tab or new window?

Don't forget that a company cannot override your browser settings. If HAL were having the issue then no one would be able to print.

I can generate and download everywhere else, just not on the HAL site. I've tried various browsers and different devices and keep getting the same message that only 1 pdf document can print at a time. That is all I'm trying to do.

Why even bother?

Because it has been reported, here on CC that (some?) cruise terminals are not permitting entry to persons arriving without a boarding pass in hand :eek: :loudcry: One needs to get into the terminal in order to check in for the cruise Do you not bring with you at least the first page of the boarding pass?

Edited by sail7seas

No.

We have the confirmation number on a piece of paper. We have the usual emails on our ipad if asked. But we have never been yet except once in Istanbul. And even then the gentleman just waved us through when we said the name of the ship.

We do not print very much these days.

No.

We have the confirmation number on a piece of paper. We have the usual emails on our ipad if asked. But we have never been yet except once in Istanbul. And even then the gentleman just waved us through when we said the name of the ship.

We do not print very much these days.

Kazu posted they were in the terminal where the official kept calling out to have boading pass and pass;port in hand, She said it seemed it was non-negotiable to not have boarding pass.

I asked who was going to reimburse the cruiser who is turned away for not having the pass and not being able to check in? I that question was answered, I did not see a response,

I can generate and download everywhere else, just not on the HAL site. I've tried various browsers and different devices and keep getting the same message that only 1 pdf document can print at a time. That is all I'm trying to do.

HAL's website doesn't embed a PDF generator; it's in your browser. Your error message indicates it's found a file however the error indicates that you are trying to print more than one file at a time. Personally, I doubt that and think your error message is not accurate. When was the last time you updated Adobe?

Really, what good is a paper boarding pass printed out at home. A fifth grader could probably dummy up on on his/her computer. The guard has no reader even if the boarding pass had the codes. Her or she certainly cannot validate the validity of that piece of paper in any way other than seeing that it has the right words/dates, etc.

Common sense would prevail. They no doubt want to see some ID, a passport, and some reasonable indication that you have business being in the port today. Besides, every time we have entered the port, there the has been a long line up of cabs and vans behind us waiting to get through.

The line of cabs etc. always seems to move quickly. What do they do with vans? I have never seen any of the officers laving the booth. Anyone can board a van to the port. All they need is $5...sometimes not even that.

Ever heard of someone missing their cruise because they had not pre printed their boarding pass? I would doubt very much whether everyone entering the FLL dock had printed out their boarding pass.

Really, what good is a paper boarding pass printed out at home. A fifth grader could probably dummy up on on his/her computer. The guard has no reader even if the boarding pass had the codes. Her or she certainly cannot validate the validity of that piece of paper in any way other than seeing that it has the right words/dates, etc.

Common sense would prevail. They want to see some ID, a passport, and some reasonable indication that you have business being in the port today.

NOT my RULE and not my job to argue in its defense :evilsmile:

It would seem obvious, none of us here make the rules that exist in cruise ship terminals