Hotels near Las Ramblas, Barcelona

gulfgreek

Any recommendations for 4.5 or 5 star hotels near Las Ramblas? Staying over several days after our Viking cruise.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

There are many better and safer areas to stay in. Las Ramblas is a one time stroll for first timers in our opinion.

After many stays we find the Arts (Ritz Carlton) supurb for views location and service. We walk to most places we wish to get to from there.

Agree with the above that La Rambla is not the best area to stay in Barcelona. I'd recommend Hotel Euro Park on Aragó street in the charming Eixample neighborhood. It's closer to the Sagrada Familia than La Rambla. It's next to a nice maket, about a ten minute walk to Passeig de Gracia, 15 minute walk to Plaza Catalunya, and 20 minutes to La Rambla.

http://www.hoteleuropark.com/en/surroundings/

Edited by Aviator of the Seas

We have stayed twice, multiple nights each visit, at the Aparthotel. It is a small boutique property in a more neighborhood type of area. Very clean, unique rooms in a historic building. It is close to Las Rambles and walking distance to many sites. It is also walking distance to HoHo for La Sagradia and Parc Guell. The front desk made reservations for us at La Sagradia as well as great little local restaurants. Take a look and see if it fits your style.

Area to the west of Las Ramblas isn’t safe. East and the Barri Gòtic, the medieval city, has been atmospheric and safe for us. We’re at the Hotel Colón this time, with a private terrace overlooking the cathedral plaza. Reasonable rates and highly recommended by friends.

But. Pickpockets everywhere. Be careful, especially on public transport. We have tales . . . .

There are many better and safer areas to stay in. Las Ramblas is a one time stroll for first timers in our opinion.

After many stays we find the Arts (Ritz Carlton) supurb for views location and service. We walk to most places we wish to get to from there.

Thank you

Agree with the above that La Rambla is not the best area to stay in Barcelona. I'd recommend Hotel Euro Park on Aragó street in the charming Eixample neighborhood. It's closer to the Sagrada Familia than La Rambla. It's next to a nice maket, about a ten minute walk to Passeig de Gracia, 15 minute walk to Plaza Catalunya, and 20 minutes to La Rambla.

http://www.hoteleuropark.com/en/surroundings/

Thank you

Have stayed at the Citadines on La Ramblas, close to Placa Catalunya, very central to what we wanted to do and personally we felt more than safe and enjoyed it. We had a studio apartment so there was a small kitchenette which came in very handy for us, lots of restaurants and several places to pick up food if you’re tired and choose to stay in, El Corte Ingles at PC has a great prepared food department one floor down from street level.

As to pickpockets, yes there are some but not surprisingly you’ll find them in any large town or city, as in any travel just be vigilant and use common sense, stay away from places you know you shouldn’t visit, be aware of your surroundings.

We’ve been to Barcelona twice with our 3rd visit in just 3 weeks, enjoy your visit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just (Saturday till yesterday) spent 4 nights at the Hotel Catalonia Magdalenes. A few blocks east of La Ramblas, it is in the middle of the Gothic Quarter. It is a new hotel we located the TripAdvisor. I'd give it a 4.9 out of 5. The Cathedral is an 8 minute walk away. Wonderful location to see the local's, not the tourists. You are 10 minutes east of La Ramblis, to which I'd now avoid. We walked it for 1 block and quickly figured out it was for tourists. Rooms were new, and ours had a small balcony. PM me for a few pics. Wonderful shops & restaurants in the area. It is approx 10 minutes taxi from the Port, and 45 from the airport. Traffic is additional!. :)

We also recently stayed at a Catalonia Hotels & Resorts property, the Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, a 4* hotel. It is a boutique hotel, just at the top of Las Ramblas. Very convenient and the staff and accommodations were excellent. Complimentary wine and tapas each afternoon! Highly recommend.

Have stayed at the Citadines on La Ramblas, close to Placa Catalunya, very central to what we wanted to do and personally we felt more than safe and enjoyed it. We had a studio apartment so there was a small kitchenette which came in very handy for us, lots of restaurants and several places to pick up food if you’re tired and choose to stay in, El Corte Ingles at PC has a great prepared food department one floor down from street level.

As to pickpockets, yes there are some but not surprisingly you’ll find them in any large town or city, as in any travel just be vigilant and use common sense, stay away from places you know you shouldn’t visit, be aware of your surroundings.

We’ve been to Barcelona twice with our 3rd visit in just 3 weeks, enjoy your visit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you

We just (Saturday till yesterday) spent 4 nights at the Hotel Catalonia Magdalenes. A few blocks east of La Ramblas, it is in the middle of the Gothic Quarter. It is a new hotel we located the TripAdvisor. I'd give it a 4.9 out of 5. The Cathedral is an 8 minute walk away. Wonderful location to see the local's, not the tourists. You are 10 minutes east of La Ramblis, to which I'd now avoid. We walked it for 1 block and quickly figured out it was for tourists. Rooms were new, and ours had a small balcony. PM me for a few pics. Wonderful shops & restaurants in the area. It is approx 10 minutes taxi from the Port, and 45 from the airport. Traffic is additional!. :)
Thank you

We also recently stayed at a Catalonia Hotels & Resorts property, the Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, a 4* hotel. It is a boutique hotel, just at the top of Las Ramblas. Very convenient and the staff and accommodations were excellent. Complimentary wine and tapas each afternoon! Highly recommend.
Thank you

Any recommendations for 4.5 or 5 star hotels near Las Ramblas? Staying over several days after our Viking cruise.

We used Hilton points and stayed at the same hotel the ship used...the Hilton on Ave Diagonal. It was not close to La Rambla, but we bought a 3-day Metro pass which gave us access to the subways, Trams and buses throughout the city. We used the subway at Maria Christina, near the hotel, and got everywhere we wanted to go, with the exception of Park Guell. We got the subway to the area, but took a taxi to the park. Do your research...there are several bus routes you can take to get you there!

We used Hilton points and stayed at the same hotel the ship used...the Hilton on Ave Diagonal. It was not close to La Rambla, but we bought a 3-day Metro pass which gave us access to the subways, Trams and buses throughout the city. We used the subway at Maria Christina, near the hotel, and got everywhere we wanted to go, with the exception of Park Guell. We got the subway to the area, but took a taxi to the park. Do your research...there are several bus routes you can take to get you there!
Thank you

We booked our own hotel in Barcelona. Viking was charging $600/pp for 2 nights and putting people at the Hilton on Ave. Diagonal—$200/night property. I didn’t feel the transfers were worth $800 and wanted a more walk-to location. We only have 2 days so we didn’t want to spend time dealing with trains and busses.

We booked Ohla Barcelona. Part of our decision was based on the fact that there is a Michelin star restaurant at Ohla that we want to try. We paid $212/night plus tax.

We are doing an excursion right off the ship and they will drop us at hotel. So we only need to pay for taxi to the airport.

Area to the west of Las Ramblas isn’t safe. East and the Barri Gòtic, the medieval city, has been atmospheric and safe for us. We’re at the Hotel Colón this time, with a private terrace overlooking the cathedral plaza. Reasonable rates and highly recommended by friends.

But. Pickpockets everywhere. Be careful, especially on public transport. We have tales . . . .

Thank you