Sunrise Alarm Clock

electro

Anyone use a sunrise alarm clock to wake up to light in an inside cabin.

I don't usually get inside cabins because the lack of natural like messes with my sleep patterns. I'd like to get an inside on my next cruise and use a sunrise alarm clock to deal with the lack of light.

Has anyone done this?

How did it work?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-Wake-Up-Light-Therapy-with-Sunrise-Simulation-Alarm-Clock-and-Sunset-Fading-Night-Light-White-HF3510-60/25174467?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222222018282050&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=e&wl1=o&wl2=c&wl3=74972999343540&wl4=pla-4578572581637271&wl12=25174467_0&wl14=sunlight%20alarm%20clock&veh=sem&msclkid=b76dcec408fd175314229439da67447e

I know people leave the tv on and tuned to the bridge cam. This will lighten the cabin when the sun rises. Might not work in very heavy clouds.

I've tried this before, there was such a glow from the tv at night it kept me away.

that was the last time I stayed in an inside room.

I love my sunrise alarm clock at home but I wouldn't want to haul it around in my luggage. It's sort of large and I'd worry about breaking it. If you already have one and you aren't worried about that, I'd think it would be the perfect solution to what you are looking for.

I love my sunrise alarm clock at home but I wouldn't want to haul it around in my luggage. It's sort of large and I'd worry about breaking it. If you already have one and you aren't worried about that, I'd think it would be the perfect solution to what you are looking for.

You are right, it is quite large. I might see if i can find a smaller, cheaper one. I would definately bring it in my carry on, not checked luggage. I wonder if i would have any hassle bringing it o the ship.

Lois

You are right, it is quite large. I might see if i can find a smaller, cheaper one. I would definately bring it in my carry on, not checked luggage. I wonder if i would have any hassle bringing it o the ship.

Lois

Why not use a night light or 2 if you prefer ?

Why not use a night light or 2 if you prefer ?

Because that defeats the purpose of a light that gradually increases in the morning to wake you up. A night light stays on all night.

I have one of the clocks at home. I *love* it, especially during the winter. I have a real hard time waking up early, and in December, we don't get sunrise until about 8am - long after I should be motivated to get to work. I think it would be really good for an inside room. Don't know if I would take it with me, because it is big and pretty heavy. But I also wouldn't book an inside because I know I need the natural light too much - so not sure how useful my advice is :)