Packing Guide for Alaska

alainamarie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here's an example of typical toiletries that I pack for every cruise -

enhance

Mouthwash, hairspray, Lysol, Febreeze, soap dish, & Clorox wipes. I use the Clorox, Febreeze, and Lysol for the room. Yes, I'm a little crazy and wipe down the room really well before we settle in. I also like to keep it fresh throughout the cruise. I'm currently looking for an air freshener for our upcoming cruise.

I also recommend a nail kit for those "just in case" moments. I picked this up from Target in the travel section. This sure comes in handy!

enhance

Here are some other items that somewhat fit into the toiletry category that I make sure to pack when going to Alaska.

enhance

Magical magnetic clips - ok, they aren't magical but they are so usable on a cruise!

The smaller ones I use for paper products: dailies, excursions tickets, dinner reservation cards, etc.

The stronger & larger clips I use for jackets, purses, scarves, etc. These can hold up to 30# and you can buy clips that hold much heavier weights. I prefer to hang most of my clothes, so the 30 pounders work just fine for me.

enhance

A trick I learned when gearing up for a cruise years ago is to purchase an over-the-door shoe rack. I use this for miscellaneous items and hang it on the back of the bathroom door for easy access. Just hang it on the back of the bathroom door and BOOM! You have a nearly-organized cabin.

*You can also hang it on the inside of the bathroom door, whatever works for you!

This is what it looks like all ready to be packed up -

enhance

My friend Tracey shared a photo of hers in use - I couldn't find one of my own photos, so big shout out to Tracey! She also suggested suction cups for your shower door or mirror. You can see how she uses them in the background of this photo. How clever!!

enhance

I was wondering where you bought the Clorox Wipes, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and I cannot find a travel size of them., thanks.

I was wondering where you bought the Clorox Wipes, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and I cannot find a travel size of them., thanks.

Try Wal-Mart or any discount store. Maybe a drug store or the grocery store. I find them in the travel & trial size section. If you can't find the small size, you could always pull some out of a larger container and stash them in a zip-lock bag for your trip. I believe I have the Lysol wipes.

Hope you find what you are wanting!

Patti

Try Wal-Mart or any discount store. Maybe a drug store or the grocery store. I find them in the travel & trial size section. If you can't find the small size, you could always pull some out of a larger container and stash them in a zip-lock bag for your trip. I believe I have the Lysol wipes.

Hope you find what you are wanting!

Patti

I’ve seen them at target and Walmart, but I actually bought a 6 pack cheaper on amazon.

I hope you find it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Another fun tid-bit that I like to point out is a packing list that a couple of friends have given me as gifts (they know I'm crazy about organization and packing!).

I love the "Pack This" list and always pull one out when I start to pack for a big trip. These can be found online or in store, I'm unsure of where they found it. It comes in a pack of about 30-ish.

enhance

The Container Store is currently running their annual travel sale. They have the packing cubes, envelopes, etc. I also found a great travel purse there last year.

Enjoy Alaska!

Patti

I was looking at The Container Store's website at the travel section and noticed your checklist for sale, in case anyone would like to get it too!

https://www.containerstore.com/s/travel/travel-comforts-essentials/pack-this-classic-checklist/12d?productId=10024745&sortField=low_price&sortOrder=A

I was looking at The Container Store's website at the travel section and noticed your checklist for sale, in case anyone would like to get it too!

https://www.containerstore.com/s/travel/travel-comforts-essentials/pack-this-classic-checklist/12d?productId=10024745&sortField=low_price&sortOrder=A

Awesome! I was gifted a couple of these lists, so it’s great to know you can find one online! Thanks for sharing!!

This is my first time bringing a diffuser! It also services as a nightlight if you want to. Love it!

I brought a small diffuser when I cruised this past January due to so much flu and colds going around. Did not get sick on the cruise.

I brought a small diffuser when I cruised this past January due to so much flu and colds going around. Did not get sick on the cruise.

Same here! I know it seems silly to include this, but I used it every day and my husband would actually request it. I especially loved the lemon. No sickness for us!

Note, I am so glad I packed casual for most nights, and just 2 dresses for formal night. On RCI, most people are casual on regular nights :)

I’ve noticed that dinner is very casual on cruises to Alaska. I chose to bring dresses because I like to dress up a bit for dinner... we also did specialty dining for 6 nights. Thankfully dresses roll up quite easily! [emoji846]

• 3 weeks later...
This post is amazing! Just booked our Alaskan cruise for next summer and cannot wait to sit down and really read through your list. It's much appreciated! :)

I hope you find it helpful! Have fun planning your amazing vacation!

-Alaina

Where did you find your magnetic clips? I ordered some from Amazon but they are pretty big and heavy.

I also got mine from Amazon. Be sure to order the weight that works for you, mine are not big at all. I would be happy to find a link if you’d like.