What is the most disgusting thing you have seen fellow passengers do?

Just before lunch was getting ready to be served, the dessert area had all of the trays out but no utensils because it wasn't open yet and they were still setting up. We were people watching while we waited and saw at least 5-10 people grabbing desserts from the trays with their hands, reaching into the cookie bowl after coughing into their hands, etc. I didn't get any more dessert there for the rest of the trip. I actually barely got any self serve food after that.

By the way, many people on our ship were complaining about respiratory sickness problems during and after. We did not get sick.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

While enjoying my breakfast at the buffet one morning, I watched a man with a heaping pile of greasy bacon on a plate proceed to wrap it in several cloth napkins and then place it into his backpack.

You need to get out more...lol

there have been a few things, but the second most disgusting was seeing several people watch a lady slip and fall on promenade deck, then just gawk and carry on their way. Then others rushed to help the lady up, she seemed ok, and thankfully there are always good people around to offer help. Then the most disgusting thing happened. Her husband barged through and started yelling at her for being "stupid" and falling. Tears came to my eyes. I felt so sorry for her.

there have been a few things, but the second most disgusting was seeing several people watch a lady slip and fall on promenade deck, then just gawk and carry on their way. Then others rushed to help the lady up, she seemed ok, and thankfully there are always good people around to offer help. Then the most disgusting thing happened. Her husband barged through and started yelling at her for being "stupid" and falling. Tears came to my eyes. I felt so sorry for her.

Abusers come in both genders. I've seen both men and women verbally (and maybe physically when out of sight) beat up on their spouse or significant other on ship. Many times have been able to hear it through the cabins walls. And yes, it is sad to hear/watch.

Man, at next table, blowing his nose, twice, with gusto, into his table napkin. Ewww

That's not so bad. At least he used a napkin. On my last cruise I saw a grown man harvesting boogers with his finger. Then he wiped his finger on the tablecloth.

Hate to get back on topic here but you know...:cool::cool:

Y'all have convinced me! I typically don't eat off the buffets nor do I spend much if any time in the pool/hot tub. Now I see no reason to change my ways! I have been suspicious and you have confirmed my fears.

Thanks for the heads up on where to watch when I need a little "people do the stupidest things" entertainment! I will be watching on the Conquest in 2 weeks!

Two things stick out for me personally. First was a rather large gentleman who would scratch his butt and private area then take a whiff of his hand. He did it like three times. Second was a guy who had on small swim trunks and his junk was hanging out one of the legs as he sat down, and he never noticed. At least that one was kinda funny but the dude sniffing his hand was downright disturbing.

OMG!!! PUKE!!!!!! so freakin gross. ewwww gaggggggg:o:o

Two things stick out for me personally. First was a rather large gentleman who would scratch his butt and private area then take a whiff of his hand. He did it like three times. Second was a guy who had on small swim trunks and his junk was hanging out one of the legs as he sat down, and he never noticed. At least that one was kinda funny but the dude sniffing his hand was downright disturbing.

What makes you think these two were "gentlemen"? Their behavior suggests otherwise. Gentlemen do not behave like that.

I was on a cruise some years ago and I was taking the stairs. On my way up I passed two couples dressed in suits and dresses waiting to enter a venue. As I rounded the curve to continue up the stairs one of the husbands, never leaving the conversation, hiked one hip up in the air and passed gas. It was loud and not one of those people acted like that just happened. I shook my head and continued on.

While enjoying my breakfast at the buffet one morning, I watched a man with a heaping pile of greasy bacon on a plate proceed to wrap it in several cloth napkins and then place it into his backpack.

I don't see what's wrong with this. Maybe he was saving it for later? Bacon is good to eat later in the day. He had it wrapped up so it's not like it was getting dirty.

That's not so bad. At least he used a napkin. On my last cruise I saw a grown man harvesting boogers with his finger. Then he wiped his finger on the tablecloth.

I agree using a napkin instead of a tissue is no big deal. The napkins are washed. Once upon a time, babies used cloth diapers and those were washed and reused too. If poop will wash out of cloth I think snot will as well. I don't think blowing into a tissue at the table would be any less obnoxious.

Last week on the Sunshine, a women in front of me at the breakfast buffet used a pair of things to get some Eggs Benedict and put it on her plate. When she realized that it had salmon on it, she picked it up with her fingers and put it back on the buffet tray! I asked the attendant to through that item away and he did. Then this same woman couldn't separate the strips of bacon with the tongs so she used her fingers! I asked her if she had any consideration for others, which she replied "who the hell are you?". I LOUDLY replied "someone who doesn't want Norovirus from a person like YOU! She was so embarrassed that she left the area without eating.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

[emoji38]🤣[emoji38]🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on a cruise some years ago and I was taking the stairs. On my way up I passed two couples dressed in suits and dresses waiting to enter a venue. As I rounded the curve to continue up the stairs one of the husbands, never leaving the conversation, hiked one hip up in the air and passed gas. It was loud and not one of those people acted like that just happened. I shook my head and continued on.
Like a male dog taking a pee? 🤣[emoji38][emoji23] WTH!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Lol, that's hilarious but gross

I’m glad I didn’t see the actual act but when we returned to the ship after a long day in port we were waiting for the elevators with many other guests. The floor looked wet and yellow and then someone came to clean it up and the smell hit us all like a ton of bricks it was definitely urine and a lot of it so clearly an adult decided to just over all over the floor. This was on the Magic in February. People can be so disgusting!

I agree using a napkin instead of a tissue is no big deal. The napkins are washed. Once upon a time, babies used cloth diapers and those were washed and reused too. If poop will wash out of cloth I think snot will as well. I don't think blowing into a tissue at the table would be any less obnoxious.

To be fair, I don't wipe my mouth with a diaper....

I’m glad I didn’t see the actual act but when we returned to the ship after a long day in port we were waiting for the elevators with many other guests. The floor looked wet and yellow and then someone came to clean it up and the smell hit us all like a ton of bricks it was definitely urine and a lot of it so clearly an adult decided to just over all over the floor. This was on the Magic in February. People can be so disgusting!

There is a video of a woman doing that on the Lido.......

Blowing your nose into a cloth napkin that someone else had to pick up is disgusting. There is no defense for this.

Man, at next table, blowing his nose, twice, with gusto, into his table napkin. Ewww

I see a lot of complaints about people blowing their nose into napkins. Where are they supposed to blow their nose into?

I have no problem with people blowing their nose into the napkin. I have issue with these people then twirling their napkins during the wait staff singing/dancing. I lovingly call the dining room entertainment "The Dirty Napkin Dance". It isn't gross until you have food/snot land on your plate while you are still eating. I now cover my plate when the singing starts.