Viking Low Water Changes to Itinerary 2018

Norvig

Good News!

Just heard from my friends sailing from Passau to Budapest (sorry not Sure which boat). They arrived there yesterday (8/28/18) and were told they were the first Viking boat in 3 weeks to cruise the entire river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it except for the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very little news from Viking cruisers, hoping that is a good sign! We sail from Trier to Basel ( Paris to Zurich ) embarking September 24 & the only report I’ve seen so far on this route is from Ritabob on Uniworld & it is sounding positive. If water levels stay low my guess is Viking does not cancel but carries on with ship swaps & buses. We’re ok with a ship swap but not too keen on an expensive bus tour. Options would be nice. We have our TA watching as we cannot cancel our flights. If I get any new information I will post. Any feedback from Viking cruisers or others would be appreciated. Thanks.

Good News!

Just heard from my friends sailing from Passau to Budapest (sorry not Sure which boat). They arrived there yesterday (8/28/18) and were told they were the first Viking boat in 3 weeks to cruise the entire river.

Super news! We cruise the opposite direction in a few weeks, so are anxious to see the river remain navigable.

I just got back from our Cities of Light cruise and even though we received an email stating we would be staying in a hotel in Trier on 8/24 because our ship could not get beyond Koblenz, our ship did in fact make it to Trier. We were able to sail the entire way (down the Moselle to Koblenz, then down the middle Rhine to the Main River), exactly as originally planned. The Middle Rhine was supposedly the lowest area, but our captain went slowly and we made it through! We feel very fortunate!

• 1 month later...