Quick SW Question

janetz

Depends on how many adults are in the family, how many kids and the ages of the kids. It's not cut and dry for the entire family. From the Southwest FAQ on boarding:

An adult traveling with a child six years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. If the child and the adult are both holding an “A” boarding pass, they should board in their assigned boarding position.

Note the terminology "an adult" and "a child". In practice, anyone other than one adult and one qualifying kiddo boarding during family boarding will be at the discretion of the gate agent. I have seen a group of about 10 adults with 3 kids trying to board together as a family. That's usually a no-no.

Interestingly enough on some of the Southwest Flights we have been on they allowed those traveling with young children to board even before the A line.

Since there are no guarantees when we traveled with our young grandchildren we still purchased the Early Boarding. This way we had no worries.

Keith

Depends on how many adults are in the family, how many kids and the ages of the kids. It's not cut and dry for the entire family. From the Southwest FAQ on boarding:

An adult traveling with a child six years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. If the child and the adult are both holding an “A” boarding pass, they should board in their assigned boarding position.

Note the terminology "an adult" and "a child". In practice, anyone other than one adult and one qualifying kiddo boarding during family boarding will be at the discretion of the gate agent. I have seen a group of about 10 adults with 3 kids trying to board together as a family. That's usually a no-no.

Also note that it refers to a "child" as being someone six or younger. I usually fly Delta and they invite families traveling with "young children in a car seat or stroller" to board at a certain point. Can't tell you how often they say that and I immediately watch a family with teenagers rush up to board. :rolleyes: