Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:36 AM.
N E England
6,338 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Can anyone say how the rental car arrangements are for picking up a hire car from Port Canaveral. We have a car from Alamo and the paperwork just gives an address for the rental office. Do they pick up from the port or do we need to take a taxi. We are from the UK and are not familiar with this port never having arrived there before from a Transatlantic. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app
Central Illinois
137,318 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by sandancer
Can anyone say how the rental car arrangements are for picking up a hire car from Port Canaveral. We have a car from Alamo and the paperwork just gives an address for the rental office. Do they pick up from the port or do we need to take a taxi. We are from the UK and are not familiar with this port never having arrived there before from a Transatlantic. Thanks
There is a free shuttle that picks you up at the cruise terminal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Central Illinois
137,318 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by sandancer
Thanks Bob. As always a great source of information.
You're welcome.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Dorset, UK
132 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Hi, sorry to resurrect this thread.

We are flying into Orlando, renting a car and dropping it off at Port Canaveral. When we drop it off will the port shuttle take us to the RCCL cruise port, with all our luggage, or should I drop off my OH with the luggage then return the car? Also is it far from the car hire place to where you pick up the shuttle.

Like the OP I am British and not quite sure how things are done.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My Blog: www.littlemaynelife.wordpress.com
Cape Canaveral
943 Posts
Joined Feb 2015
You can read a complete description of the process including the Orlando Airport pickup here:
http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/car-rental/

Go here for instructions about dropping at the terminal should you decide to do that first:

http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/parking/

At Canaveral you are very close to the terminal but perhaps too far to walk with heavy luggage. I suggest you just drop the car together and ride the short shuttle. If there are several of you with plenty of luggage then it is generally more convenient to drop passengers first.
Denver, Colorado
27 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
They had two shuttles back in September. There will be alot of other passengers using Alamo as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Southern Caribbean - Sky Princess 1990
W. Caribbean - Horizon ( Celebrity ) 1999
W. Caribbean - Mercury (Celebrity ) 2001
E. Caribbean - Caribbean Princess 2007
E. Caribbean - Celebrity Reflection March 2014
W. Caribbean - Oasis of the Seas (RCCL) 9/17/17