Is there a time limit to transfer a booking from RCI to a TA?

Kruzer Zuker

Have you checked what current pricing is for your cruise?

If booked a year ago you must have a refundable deposit so you could just cancel and rebook with the TA if doing so provides some total cost advantage when the TA's OBC and other perks are taken into consideration.

Also I would go with the non-refundable deposit rate at this late date..

Have you checked what current pricing is for your cruise?

If booked a year ago you must have a refundable deposit so you could just cancel and rebook with the TA if doing so provides some total cost advantage when the TA's OBC and other perks are taken into consideration.

Also I would go with the non-refundable deposit rate at this late date..

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes the deposit is refundable. The thing is I used a cruise next certificate. In theory it does not have an expiration date but I want to use it already. I bought it years ago and never had a chance to use it until this time.

If I cancel with RCI, I can transfer the cruise next cert on a later cruise deposit directly with RCI but i cannot use it with the TA, if I understand it correctly.

... If I cancel with RCI, I can transfer the cruise next cert on a later cruise deposit directly with RCI but i cannot use it with the TA, if I understand it correctly.

If you cancel a cruise booked with a Next Cruise certificate, you lose that certificate.

If you cancel a cruise booked with a Next Cruise certificate, you lose that certificate.

What if I don’t cancel outright but move to the booking to a later date?

I was told at the time of booking that since my booking has refundable deposit I can move the booking to another sailing as long as the move is made before final payment date of the original booking and my deposit and the obc will move with the booking.

What if I don’t cancel outright but move to the booking to a later date?

I was told at the time of booking that since my booking has refundable deposit I can move the booking to another sailing as long as the move is made before final payment date of the original booking and my deposit and the obc will move with the booking.

Correct, you can move that booking to another ship and/or sailing date as many times as you like. The OBC from booking on board will move, but any other promo OBC will not move, unless that promo OBC is also offered with the new cruise.

Correct, you can move that booking to another ship and/or sailing date as many times as you like. The OBC from booking on board will move, but any other promo OBC will not move, unless that promo OBC is also offered with the new cruise.

Thank you for the confirmation. :)

My understanding is the booking date would always remain the date I booked online a year ago, and that was the date the 60 day transfer to a TA limit started ticking. So I have lost the transfer opportunity for good and will never be able to transfer this particular booking to a TA no matter how many times I move it again since the 60 day deadline has passed 10 months ago.

Am I understanding it correctly? :confused:

Thank you for the confirmation. :)

My understanding is the booking date would always remain the date I booked online a year ago, and that was the date the 60 day transfer to a TA limit started ticking. So I have lost the transfer opportunity for good and will never be able to transfer this particular booking to a TA no matter how many times I move it again since the 60 day deadline has passed 10 months ago.

Am I understanding it correctly? :confused:

Correct, for a Next Cruise certificate, the 60-day transfer time limit starts when the booking is first assigned to a specific cruise.

Just an FYI if you go to change the sailing the reps are most likely going to try to just give you the current OBC instead of the one that you have on the year old booking. You will most likely have to remind them that it's an older booking.

Do you mean the obc that comes with the next cruise? Yeah I will remind them if I do change.

At this point I am leaning toward just stay put and use the next cruise certificate.

Do you mean the obc that comes with the next cruise? Yeah I will remind them if I do change.

At this point I am leaning toward just stay put and use the next cruise certificate.

That would be the smart thing to do, considering the state of RC's reservations department, IMO.

• 2 months later...

I have a similar situation  I just moved a booked cruise to a different ship and a different date  It shows the transfer being done at that time  I'm I wrong to think I have 60 days in which to transfer to my TA  This is not the reason that I transfered but had been thinking all along I should do this  I did not know about the 60 day limit  

4 minutes ago, knutsonl said:

I have a similar situation  I just moved a booked cruise to a different ship and a different date  It shows the transfer being done at that time  I'm I wrong to think I have 60 days in which to transfer to my TA  This is not the reason that I transfered but had been thinking all along I should do this  I did not know about the 60 day limit  

You have 60 days from the original booking.