Eclipse cabin #9290

Ashland

Just wondering if anyone could tell me when entering cabin #9290 on X Eclipse if the bed is on the right or left ? Thanks so much.

The bed is definitely near the bathroom while the sofa is near the balcony. Regarding right or left, I found a picture of cabin 9296 on the Equinox that shows the bed on the left and close to the balcony; since they are sister ships and the cabins generally alternate, I am reasonably sure that 9290 has the bed on the right.

Happy Cruising

The bed is definitely near the bathroom while the sofa is near the balcony. Regarding right or left, I found a picture of cabin 9296 on the Equinox that shows the bed on the left and close to the balcony; since they are sister ships and the cabins generally alternate, I am reasonably sure that 9290 has the bed on the right.

Happy Cruising

Thank you so much for your input...although I'm hoping that the bed is on the left.

Thank you so much for your input...although I'm hoping that the bed is on the left.

Sorry, but in stateroom 9290 the bed is by the bath, and the bed is located on the right as you enter the stateroom.

If you wanted the bed to be on the left, then the bed would be closer to the balcony.

Thanks laslomas & Wine-O for responding.

It doesn't really matter if the bed is by the balcony or bathroom...I was just hoping it was on the left... much easier so I would be closer to the bathroom (for possible night visits) and didn't have to worry about stepping over the extension cord for DH's CPAP machine.

This was the best located cabin when I booked. Finding the X website a bit hard to check for other options...and I thought RCI's was bad. This will be my first X cruise after 25+ with RCI so why I'm a bit confused about all the X stuff.

Thanks laslomas & Wine-O for responding.

It doesn't really matter if the bed is by the balcony or bathroom...I was just hoping it was on the left... much easier so I would be closer to the bathroom (for possible night visits) and didn't have to worry about stepping over the extension cord for DH's CPAP machine.

This was the best located cabin when I booked. Finding the X website a bit hard to check for other options...and I thought RCI's was bad. This will be my first X cruise after 25+ with RCI so why I'm a bit confused about all the X stuff.

I'm confused. It seems to be that the bed being closer to the bathroom on either side would provide a far greater benefit for night visits and cord avoidance than being on the left side close to the balcony.:confused:

I'm confused. It seems to be that the bed being closer to the bathroom on either side would provide a far greater benefit for night visits and cord avoidance than being on the left side close to the balcony.:confused:

Married for 42 years and we each have our side of the bed we sleep on regardless of where we are....So when lying in bed I'm on the right side so if the bed in the cabin is on the left side I'm closest to the bathroom....if the bed is on the right DH is closest to the bathroom and I must step over the extension cord. May seem confusing to some, sorry it is.

Married for 42 years and we each have our side of the bed we sleep on regardless of where we are....So when lying in bed I'm on the right side so if the bed in the cabin is on the left side I'm closest to the bathroom....if the bed is on the right DH is closest to the bathroom and I must step over the extension cord. May seem confusing to some, sorry it is.

If you ask your cabin steward will tape down the cord to lessen the chance of tripping over it during those pesky night visits. There is also a night light in the bathroom on Eclipse.

If you ask your cabin steward will tape down the cord to lessen the chance of tripping over it during those pesky night visits. There is also a night light in the bathroom on Eclipse.

Thanks...but having that cord there all day for 10 days :eek:....Glad to hear there's a nightlight.

Oh wait, maybe you meant just having him tape it down in the evenings...we tend to not ask much of our steward (we're pretty experienced traveler's but very low key) but this might be an option...sorry I misunderstood.

Ah, fully understood. We've been married for 45 years, and my DW decided early on that she gets the bathroom side of the bed, no matter what the room/cabin configuration. As a consequence, we both learned how to sleep on either side.

If the bed placement isn't to your liking, you could ask your attendant to make your bed the reverse way, with your heads at the foot of the bed. :halo:

Ah, now I understand. With either configuration - close to bath on the right or close to balcony on the left - when you step out of bed you will be about in the middle of the cabin.

On our last cruise, we had the same "close to bath on the right" and I also was sleeping on the right. Our solution was to have the long extension cord that Celebrity provides stretch from the desk across in front of the balcony to the sofa; run across the back of the sofa, tucked slightly down behind it; then across the front of the bed between the mattress and the wall and over to DW's CPAP machine. Thereby no tripping on the cord at night! Only plugged it in at night - during the day was tucked into the corner between the sofa and the balcony wall.

Ah, fully understood. We've been married for 45 years, and my DW decided early on that she gets the bathroom side of the bed, no matter what the room/cabin configuration. As a consequence, we both learned how to sleep on either side.

If the bed placement isn't to your liking, you could ask your attendant to make your bed the reverse way, with your heads at the foot of the bed. :halo:

HaHa...we are not that flexible with sleeping on either side. Old habit's die hard...Oh No I shouldn't say "die" :eek::D

Ah, now I understand. With either configuration - close to bath on the right or close to balcony on the left - when you step out of bed you will be about in the middle of the cabin.

On our last cruise, we had the same "close to bath on the right" and I also was sleeping on the right. Our solution was to have the long extension cord that Celebrity provides stretch from the desk across in front of the balcony to the sofa; run across the back of the sofa, tucked slightly down behind it; then across the front of the bed between the mattress and the wall and over to DW's CPAP machine. Thereby no tripping on the cord at night! Only plugged it in at night - during the day was tucked into the corner between the sofa and the balcony wall.

This is a great suggestion..thanks for offering it.