Silhouette Review - Jan. 7, 2018 sailing

SassyGirl

Hi -

The $2,000 watch wasn't a Cartier. Sorry if my review was confusing. It was some other brand, but there was also a Cartier store where NOBODY was shopping.

As for the juice, it is not right that they are calling frozen juice "fresh squeezed". Fresh squeezed juice is juice that is squeezed right before you drink it and it has a delightful and very distinct flavor and texture. The stuff they are passing off might as well be from concentrate.

One of the ships I was on (not Celebrity) had a big machine in view of the passengers that squeezed the juice and you could watch your juice being fresh squeezed.

Celebrity used to do real fresh squeezed. Some said it was a health hazard due to the skin not being clean ???

Thanks for your review, will be sailing end of April. Couple of questions is the Sky Lounge open duding the day and do you have any menus from Cuvee that you can share.

Tks in advance

Yes, the Sky Lounge is open during the day. Sometimes the Art Auction takes place there....sometimes trivia...and at times it is closed to Elite members for various functions...like the Happy Hour from 5-7 most nights.

Sorry, don't have any menus to share.

Whenever we ventured to the Sky Lounge, nothing was going on, day or night. I think there were some DJ/dance parties held there around midnight but we like to dance earlier since we get up early to go ashore at the ports. They need more dance parties during the earlier evening hours when people are walking around the ship before and after dinner.

Thanks for your review. On the Silly in March and certainly hope the live entertainment/music changes. Most of our X cruises have had Excellent Bands (Emily and the Nightcaps, Funky T and Blind Vinyl to name a few). Music was a good variety with lots to dance to, will be very disappointed if the live entertainment is lame (just off a Holland America cruise so I know what Lame entertainment is).

I doubt too many of today's "teeny boppers" would be listening to Mariah Carey, who is pushing 50. She started having hits in the early 90s, so I'd guess there is a sizable percentage of Celebrity's demographic that would relate to her music. Like you, I'd prefer a little older. But I can't fault them for playing her stuff too much even if it's not my thing.

Mariah Carey probably wasn't the best example when trying to describe the horrible music at the pool but she was one of the few artists I recognized! It was non-stop crappy teen music - the stuff you hear at the mall when you walk past Aeropostale or Forever21.

Hi -

The $2,000 watch wasn't a Cartier. Sorry if my review was confusing. It was some other brand, but there was also a Cartier store where NOBODY was shopping.

These stores are probably just marketing advertisement. They get 2000-3000 people going by almost everyday. It has value to them.

• 4 weeks later...