Experience with travel agency?

welove2cruise*

Just google the agency and read the reviews. Very, very stupid rule on this site about not being allowed to name places.

Why is it stupid? This place would be over run with shills for different agencies if it was allowed which would clog up the boards.

It stinks in cases like the OP's but what can you do?

Bill

I don’t know of any. I like to try looking up businesses on the BBB website before using. And google search the name of the business with add ons like ‘reviews’ or ‘complaints’

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a good idea to check out any business, but unfortunately BBB really isn't much help. I would think just googling the company there should be information; maybe using YELP would help. I can understand why we can not mention names on here. There are 2 reasons: one is phony information offered by customers who have a personal reason for posting negatives and the other is :free advertising for a company. It is also important to remember and this goes for all of us: it is more common for people to post a negative experience than a positive one so take reviews and comments somewhat with a grain of salt.

Just google the agency and read the reviews. Very, very stupid rule on this site about not being allowed to name places.

Not so much a stupid rule as an economic one. CruiseCritic has "partners" that pay a fee to CruiseCritic so they can sell cruises. These fees help cover the costs of running a forum like this. It wouldn't be fair to non paying agencies to advertise. Click on the "Find a Cruise" at the top of the page to see what I mean.

Not so much a stupid rule as an economic one. CruiseCritic has "partners" that pay a fee to CruiseCritic so they can sell cruises. These fees help cover the costs of running a forum like this. It wouldn't be fair to non paying agencies to advertise. Click on the "Find a Cruise" at the top of the page to see what I mean.

I use a local travel agency in my hometown, He has been in business many may years and is a Certified Travel Consultant.

There’s still travel agency’s?????

Where have you been lately? With all the changes in travel many agents are busy night and day. I know ours certainly is. They operate differently than in years past, but they are still in demand. As a rule they can save travelers both money and time.