POA Hawaii March 3rd NOW 6 nights

barbeaujo

Has anyone received email from NCL regarding this kind of change.

We are schedule to cruise March 3rd for 7 nights, and received email saying that due to unschedule maintenant, our sailing will now be 6 nights :eek: . Our second/overnight Maui day is cancelled.

They will lodge us for the night we come back earlier then schedule. They are offering us either a 25% future cruise credit or a prorated credit of one night back to our credit card.

Any opinion on option to choose ? I am tempted to take the future cruise credit but wondering if it will have 1 million clauses making it hard to use ...

Thank you

Just found my post lol !

have you posted in our roll call ? I have contacted the other people via fb that i know are cruising at the same time.

Didn't think about excursions and all that planning !:loudcry:

The March 10-17 POA cruise is not even listed on the NCL website now. Wonder if they cancelled that entire week? We were on that cruise but cancelled in December. The March 3-10 cruise shows most categories sold out and the week of March 17 on shows some availability but no mention of the entire week of March 10-17. Perhaps a reason for the one day shortening of the March 3 cruise? So many questions, no answers.

Not happy!!!!!Ten of us are scheduled for the March 3 cruise. We are NOT taking the 25% off the next cruise. We will cruise with someone else next year! Several of us have been working this afternoon to change rental cars and private tours. To refund the one night in exchange for one hotel night is almost insulting.We scheduled an extra day on the front end in Honolulu so we are really not interested in staying an extra day on the back end. And what about food? nWas it too much trouble to give us vouchers?

So, where are they lacking in compliance? Are they not aware of the rules?

Thanks for letting me vent!

The March 10-17 POA cruise is not even listed on the NCL website now. Wonder if they cancelled that entire week? We were on that cruise but cancelled in December. The March 3-10 cruise shows most categories sold out and the week of March 17 on shows some availability but no mention of the entire week of March 10-17. Perhaps a reason for the one day shortening of the March 3 cruise? So many questions, no answers.

Weird... Maybe we will know more today :confused:

Thank you everyone for your help. We choose the 25% credit for future cruise. From our experience yesterday , NCL handled it well. It took less then 15 minutes on a special dedicated line, they confirmed our hotel stay for the cancelled cruise night at Hilton Hawaiian Village with a bus transfer. Credit for future cruise will show in our Lattitude account within the next 24hr . Applicable on a future cruise until February 19th 2019. We still get to see all the ports but will cut short on Maui not doing the overnight there and leaving at 6h pm instead .

We didn't have excursions plans as we had rented cars on every island. Did spend time modifying them but , had to change some category but it got taken care of in less then 2 hours. Only thing i could not do is change our March 10th car rental, they were sold out of car that could accommodate our parents and ourself. So we will stay at the Hilton that day. I was told by NCL supervisor ( she took the call as she was helping call center with overflowing calls coming in ) that usually NCL take pretty good care of us in those situation and we will have our room ready when we get to hotel but didn't know yet what time they would make us leave the ship .

If there is nothing wrong with the ship that would impact our comfort and security ( i am prone to seasickness so only worry now is that it is something to do with engine or stabilizers and it stresses me a little ..much lol ) , for us, it ends up being a good give give situation.

Thank you everyone for your help. We choose the 25% credit for future cruise. From our experience yesterday , NCL handled it well. It took less then 15 minutes on a special dedicated line, they confirmed our hotel stay for the cancelled cruise night at Hilton Hawaiian Village with a bus transfer. Credit for future cruise will show in our Lattitude account within the next 24hr . Applicable on a future cruise until February 19th 2019. We still get to see all the ports but will cut short on Maui not doing the overnight there and leaving at 6h pm instead .

We didn't have excursions plans as we had rented cars on every island. Did spend time modifying them but , had to change some category but it got taken care of in less then 2 hours. Only thing i could not do is change our March 10th car rental, they were sold out of car that could accommodate our parents and ourself. So we will stay at the Hilton that day. I was told by NCL supervisor ( she took the call as she was helping call center with overflowing calls coming in ) that usually NCL take pretty good care of us in those situation and we will have our room ready when we get to hotel but didn't know yet what time they would make us leave the ship .

If there is nothing wrong with the ship that would impact our comfort and security ( i am prone to seasickness so only worry now is that it is something to do with engine or stabilizers and it stresses me a little ..much lol ) , for us, it ends up being a good give give situation.

It is generally pretty calm around the islands.

Let us know what the issue with the ship is after you get back.

From past use the 25% is of the base fare not things like port fees that you paid

Wonder if it has anything to do with all the rain and flashflood warnings around the islands lately.

M. White

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NCL Pride of America - October 2018 - Hawai'i

NCL Bliss - January 2020 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Fascination - May 2001 - Bahamas

On the other thread about this, I posted my thoughts on what is causing this, an underwater survey that is mandated by law. It appears that they are ending one cruise on the 9th, and starting the next on the 11th, so the 10th is being used for the diver survey. I don't believe that the next cruise (17th) would be impacted.

The rental car situation is pretty fluid. Rates and availability change often so I wouldn’t give up. If you’re a member of the big box online that starts with a C, they are an easy place to check rates, taxes included on their site. We just returned from a 9 day stay on Oahu. Could easily have stayed another month! Some excellent beaches to explore.

Re the 25% off. It might not show in account online but very easy to use by calling pcc.

Hilton is a great property, right on the ocean. It’s Waikiki- not my favorite place but it’s a beautiful beach just a little crowded.

Sounds like a great way to end the vacation. Granted you’re missing out on a day of the cruise but still in Hawaii and instead of getting off the ship first thing on the last morning you now have a later check out and can enjoy the beach/pool. Have fun. Wish we were still there.

If anyone in your party is active or retired military I’d highly recommend bellows beach. I think a portion is open to the public on weekends.