Current Concierges continued discussion

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

It looks like with the new format, no one can find this thread and there are no posts since October 8, 2018.  

Here is the link to the Google Doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

thank you for the update.

13 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Does anyone have any information about Rhapsody's Concierges.  I only have information up to this month -- a friend is looking for information about the CL Concierge in December.

I’m boarding Rhapsody in the 27th. I’ll find out the concierge info and post it here. 

5 minutes ago, snowbirdrose said:

I’m boarding Rhapsody in the 27th. I’ll find out the concierge info and post it here. 

Can't tell if new format is picking up my posts but thanks -- I will let my friend know that we should have information when you return.  

They probably hired the same programmers. It also blocks VPNs. App and Tapatalk is broke as well. If it ain't broke don't fix it. As a Director of an IT organization I would never have let this go thru. Always run parallel systems and let the users flush it out as beta testers. Stupidity rules. Go back to something that works.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

This new format is almost as bad as the new RCCL website.  :classic_sad:

Agree.  Everybody was looking for this thread and no one could find it.  I think they need to include the "year" in the posting date where it says "date posted".:classic_wacko:

4 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I hope people find this thread.  We rely on people reporting back from the ships so that I can update the Google Doc.  Don't see too many updates since the format changed.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

I'll post as often as I can.

Sherri, I think it will get better when the search function is fixed.

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

I hope people find this thread.  We rely on people reporting back from the ships so that I can update the Google Doc.  Don't see too many updates since the format changed.  

I'll post as often as I can.

Just off Anthem 10/18/18

Ricardo Mock, Concierge Lounge.

Maria Altan, Diamond lounge.

Sherry, just off Grandeur (10-11 to 10-20). Carlington Berry is in the DL and said he goes on vacation 12-1 but doesn't know who will replace him. Francis Calimag is in the CL and said he goes on vacation the end of January 2019 and he didn't know who would replace him.

Just back from a week on the RCL Allure - LOVED Nancy and Dexter! Everyone who said they were great were on target! :classic_biggrin:

They were both so helpful when needed (although we didn't use them a lot, I'm not too needy on the whole and can drop by guest services for basics).  Dexter said to me a couple of times "you know we could have done that for you!"  :classic_blink:  They did have a lot of people pulling at them, I can't quite imagine how they do it with smiles on their faces!

The thing is, when you do need them they are on it. Like this time - we had a situation of loud banging and furniture sounding as if it was being moved and then dropped above our Owner's Suite (didn't make sense given it was a suite and more likely had adults in it... or responsible ones if children were involved).  It kept on and on and on... finally I left a message at the concierge's desk phone as it was between hours in the lounge. Nancy got the message and jumped on it - she got the run around from other cruise staff and departments but kept on it and asking the right questions finally learned it was workman fixing the balcony two flights up (supposedly the one above us was empty). Everyone had initially said "oh no,  nothing going on...". Spooky thing was about 9 pm that night there was furniture being moved directly above us... unmistakable sound :classic_wacko: . So you decide, the ghost of the 11th deck of the Allure OR manic staff with a need to move furniture in empty rooms OR two employees taking advantage of an empty owner's suite for a little R&R or something like it?! :classic_rolleyes::classic_laugh:

Lynn

3 hours ago, pjlee3333 said:

Mario was supposed to go to diamond lounge 10.21.  He told us that has changed.  He will remain in cl until the end of his contract. 

Good to know.  We will be boarding on 10/28 and are meeting friends who are currently onboard for a Bermuda cruise.  Mario is our very favorite concierge and we had the pleasure of his company on the Brilliance's British Isles cruise the past summer.

He is also an accomplished musician and singer as we discovered at a Top Tier party on a previous cruise.