Wetsuits for Flow Rider?

I've done the flowrider in December no problem. In fact it was refreshing to get in the water after waiting in line! It's still going to be in the 80s in October. There might be a day or two in Florida that dips to 77 or something.

Also didn't see anyone wearing wetsuits, not even the staff running it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Do they have wetsuits to borrow for Flow Rider on the ships (specifically on Indy?). I have a wetsuit but my husband doesn't, so we're not sure if we should try and borrow one. We're sailing on her at the end of October so I doubt it will be warm enough for swimwear only!

No wetsuits to borrow.

Quite a few years ago, on Allure, you could rent a wetsuit from the dive shop to use on the flowrider. Once I bought a shortie suit, every cruise since has always been warm enough not to need one, so it stays at home.

I've done the flowrider in December no problem. In fact it was refreshing to get in the water after waiting in line! It's still going to be in the 80s in October. There might be a day or two in Florida that dips to 77 or something.

Also didn't see anyone wearing wetsuits, not even the staff running it.

Ah, I should have mentioned that we're on Indy for a mini cruise from the UK just before we send her back over the Atlantic to you. So it's likely to be 10 degrees or less (I believe that's around 50 Fahrenheit?)

Ah, I should have mentioned that we're on Indy for a mini cruise from the UK just before we send her back over the Atlantic to you. So it's likely to be 10 degrees or less (I believe that's around 50 Fahrenheit?)
Oh! I was wondering if it was somewhere else with the question, but when I looked it up I saw Ft Lauderdale departures. Definitely would be chilly!

Quite a few years ago, on Allure, you could rent a wetsuit from the dive shop to use on the flowrider. Once I bought a shortie suit, every cruise since has always been warm enough not to need one, so it stays at home.

That’s only because there was no Flowrider on your Alaska cruise although by the weather you had it may not have been needed there other.:)

Your going to have to bring your own.

The plus side of cold flow riding is its not crowded at all. You get lots of time on the flowrider. Be careful with your feet, when you can ride non stop it tears up the top of your feet and you don't notice it until after.

They will close the flowrider when it is 10 degrees C or 50 F. I bring my own wet suit always. I have needed it on some Caribbean sailings in January, on Canadian itineraries in September, On Transatlantic sailings in October and November, on a sailing to China in April, on a cruise from the UK to Norway in May and June. When it it is below 20C or 68F, I like my wetsuit. Add a little wind and even slightly warmer a wet suit is a plus.

When we went to Norway when it was in the low teens C, there was always 8 to 10 people doing stand-up.

JC

I have heard that - especially on the 3 days out of SOU:(
Oh that will be disappointing- although not the end of the world. We plan to stay on board in Le Havre and wanted to try out everything on board, seeing as we have such a short cruise.

Do they also close the pools and slides if its cold?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Oh that will be disappointing- although not the end of the world. We plan to stay on board in Le Havre and wanted to try out everything on board, seeing as we have such a short cruise.

Do they also close the pools and slides if its cold?

I've seen pools closed when it's cold. Hot tubs open though.