Straw Poll on Formal Dining

PeriB

Opinions on Formal Dining Nights  

630 members have voted

1. 1. Opinions on Formal Dining Nights

• Keep formal nights as they are
    • Have fewer formal nights, but keep some
    • Keep formal nights but limit venue - ie, pinnacle room, or only upper dining room
    • End formal nights

Someone suggested doing a more formal poll of CC members regarding formal dining on Hal.

If you don't agree with the wording of the options, I apologize in advance - if you wish to create your own poll, just hit post new thread and at the very bottom you will get an option to create a poll.

Keep in mind that this is very informal - ie, only people who happen to read the HAL thread at this time will be voting, so some long term cruisers on HAL that are CC members will not be included, and of course, all non-CC members will not be counted.

Someone suggested doing a more formal poll of CC members regarding formal dining on Hal.
Why do you have the results hidden? Or is it just that way on my computer? There are some strange things happening here with graphic inserts today!

Do we have to wait until the poll ends in order to see results? Why?

I thought most polls showed ongoing results.

I think the OP meant to make this an anonymous poll, and accidentally made it "hidden results".

There are some strange things happening here with graphic inserts today!

Whew! That's a relief! I thought it was my computer.

And I, too, wish you had not made the results hidden. Are you going to reveal the results at the end, at least?

I didn't see a choice for more formal nights? Was that an oversight?

I think keeping the results hidden until the end ensures a certain amount of objectivity. People vote how they really feel and not according to how the trends are developping. Good idea as long as the results are eventually shown to all.

Yes, I chose to not report the results until the poll is ended.

Sorry I forgot to add a choice for more formal nights - oops!

The poll ends in two weeks and we will know then - I can't sneakily see the results, either, so we are all in the same boat (on the same dam ship?) - tee hee.

I don't mind the hidden results though you'd have to have some kind of time limit or the thread would simply get buried as folks would vote and not see any end in sight. Two weeks seems reasonable but a shorter time might make more sense.

I don't mind the hidden results though you'd have to have some kind of time limit or the thread would simply get buried as folks would vote and not see any end in sight. Two weeks seems reasonable but a shorter time might make more sense.

I don't like the results being hidden, either. I'll hold off voting but will be interested when results are shown to us.

Taxmantoo, I don't agree that people will vote according to the trend if votes were open & not hidden, especially if the voting is anomymous...

I'm not thrilled that the results are being hidden either, as it's always fun to keep looking back & seeing the percentages change by the hour...

However, many of us wanted a poll but no one else, including me, was willing to start one.. Since PerlB was willing to start this poll, she has the right to decide what the rules are.. She also suggested if someone else does not like the rules, feel free to start a new one..

Hopefully this poll will keep going & not be buried..

Betty

I wish the national elections were done in this "hidden" style so the western states would not be affected by the eastern results.
But seeing eastern trends can affect western voters both ways: those seeing their man ahead may not bother to go vote, while those seeing their man losing may be galvanized to make an extra effort to get to vote.

i don't understand why there is so much turmoil over this issue. thread after thread after thread. formal is is suggested, not required.

it matters not to me what others are wearing. the only thing i can control about other people is my reaction to them. too bad more people don't feel that way.

I wish the national elections were done in this "hidden" style so the western states would not be affected by the eastern results.

Soviet poll worker: Put this envelope in the slot in that box.

Citizen: But its already sealed up!

Poll worker: Secret Ballot!

Archived