Allure 4/14 LIVE boarding thread - you and the sequester

We are sailing Allure today, and I thought I'd post a live thread- just of boarding, since so many folks have been wondering how the sequester is affecting things.

We left the hotel at 9:50 AM from the Fairfield

We arrived at port check in at 10 AM

We arrived in the cab line at 10 :03

And we're at the curb at 10:05

Bags checked in at 10:08 - wait for a great story on that later!

Security at 10:10

Waited at check in counter at -10:12

Done at check in at 10:15

Had our cards at 10:18

Welcome aboard Photos at 10:20

We were sitting in our seats in the diamond waiting area at 10:24 greeted by the lovely Miki!

So far so smooth- wed rather wait here than the crowded hotel lobby.

So here's the crazy story there is always one when we travel!

We dropped our bags with a porter and tipped, which honestly we only do half the time! After we sat I checked my roll call. Here's the shocking part! Randy , from our roll call posted be had seen a bag sitting alone on the curb. Randy is a cruise newbie and I've been happy to answer every one of his questions. He looked at the tag and saw my name on it... The port folks started asking Randy questions about this abandoned bag. He insisted we were on board. Luckily, they took him at his word being an eanest Midwesterner who looks like Bruce Willis( they probably didn't want any trouble!) Now there are only 2 people on our RC who know our last name... what are the chances that one of 6000 people sees our bag and noticed it!

Good CRUISE CRITIC Karma, baby!

Thank you Randy and Amy!

Will post more when we are updated about boarding!

Now there are only 2 people on our RC who know our last name... what are the chances that one of 6000 people sees our bag and noticed it!

Thank you Randy and Amy!

Serendipity! This is what is so great about CC.....:)

Appreciate you taking the time to check-in with the embarakation. Will be sailing myself on May 19! Have a great cruise

Chalk one up for the Cruisecritic boards; glad your cruise is starting out well; and I hope your bag is waiting in your cabin this afternoon. Enjoy Allure; its a wonderful ship with so much to see and do.

Thank you, thank you for posting this. Please take good care of the Allure this week and we will be boarding her next Sunday. Since we are in a Suite, I'm going to try and follow your schedule.

Have a great cruise!!!

Thanks for the update. I also want to thank you for your Jewel review. That was self responsible for taking the plunge and booking a grand suite for. Jan 2013 cruise for our 20th anniversary. It was the first time my husband and I got away by ourselves in 15 years. With 3 teenagers we needed a break. Enjoy your cruise and I will be waiting for your review.

Thanks for the update. I also want to thank you for your Jewel review. That was the reason for taking the plunge and booking a grand suite for Jan 2013 cruise for our 20th anniversary. It was the first time my husband and I got away by ourselves in 15 years. With 3 teenagers we needed a break. Enjoy your cruise and I will be waiting for your review.

We dropped our bags with a porter and tipped, which honestly we only do half the time! After we sat I checked my roll call. Here's the shocking part! Randy , from our roll call posted be had seen a bag sitting alone on the curb. Randy is a cruise newbie and I've been happy to answer every one of his questions. He looked at the tag and saw my name on it... The port folks started asking Randy questions about this abandoned bag. He insisted we were on board. Luckily, they took him at his word being an eanest Midwesterner who looks like Bruce Willis( they probably didn't want any trouble!) Now there are only 2 people on our RC who know our last name... what are the chances that one of 6000 people sees our bag and noticed it!

Thank you Randy and Amy!

Now that is an amazing story! You'll have to PM me with your last name just before we sail in November with you...just in case... :cool:

Thanks for the update. I also want to thank you for your Jewel review. That was the reason for taking the plunge and booking a grand suite for Jan 2013 cruise for our 20th anniversary. It was the first time my husband and I got away by ourselves in 15 years. With 3 teenagers we needed a break. Enjoy your cruise and I will be waiting for your review.

Oh my goodness ~ we are sailing on the Jewel this Nov for our 20th anniversary cruise! Only booked a Jr suite however...

Oh my goodness ~ we are sailing on the Jewel this Nov for our 20th anniversary cruise! Only booked a Jr suite however...

Keep watching for those price drops and you may be pleasantly surprised and be able to upgrade to a GS. We so enjoyed it by ourselves. We met so many people (both CCers and non CCrs) and the nice thing about the ship size is that you would keep running into people you know, so by the end of the cruise you feel like old friends.

Archived