Delay boarding Independence of the Seas

avw3

We are hearing that Independence of the Seas arrived in Port late this morning after 8 o'clock. They are still trying to clear all the passengers off of the ship and we are being told there are still 200 people on board that need to leave before we can board. Hoping to have more information soon.

Update: we are now being told that Customs and Border Patrol still have to clear 200 passengers off the ship before we can begin boarding. Wedding party is being allowed to board because their ceremony was supposed to happen at 12:30 on the ship.

Yeah cruise definitely not getting off to a great start. From outside looks like practically ever pax is outside waiting. I'm normally patient and any day cruising is better than a day at work but my bladder has been rather full for a couple hours now in the heat so I'm hoping they plan on some OBC to ease its pain.

Captain just announced sail away will be at 6:30 or 7:00 sincerely they are still loading luggage and supplies for cruise. They need to do an OBC to make up for the inconvenience in my opinion.

No not joking. 3 hours in the sun with no bathroom not wanting you to leave line no one offering water or information is not good customer service imho. Now that we have finally got up they have taken all the food up. No porter at all had to hand carry all luggage. Just not impressed with RCI I can take the delay but at least tell me why point me toward a bathroom and give me some water

Part of it is because debarkation is a total nightmare on Independence.

Embarkation isn't much better. No towels in the room called housekeeping they told me they would bring some before 10 pm. We bought the drink package no tumblers in the room no one in the bar area wants to give me any because they say it's in the room. Worst customer service ever on a cruise. Tried to order simple cruise drinks no one knows how to mix them. Hopefully it gets better but I'm done with RCI I think.

Captain just announced sail away will be at 6:30 or 7:00 sincerely they are still loading luggage and supplies for cruise. They need to do an OBC to make up for the inconvenience in my opinion.

I agree, we all should get OBC for reading this thread:rolleyes: