Airport in San Juan

Babs1121

Hi Everybody: Does anyone know how far the airport in San Juan is from where the Constellation docks. We are thinking about doing a cruise that leaves from NJ but returns to San Juan. Just trying to figure out what time we would have to book a return flight. Thanks for your help.

The San Juan airport is crazy, so don't book anything before noon. The long lines and security checks take forever.

I second that!! We decided that we would not go in/out of San Juan again.

Babs1121:

The airport it's 15 to 20 minutes from the pier. You can find little hotels that are cheap than the one's with big names. From now I welcome you to our island and I hope you have a wonderful time and no problems. For the other people, thank you for those great comments of Puerto Rico.

Take care

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

SJU is fine as long as you do NOT fly on weekends! Puerto Rico is a great island, fly in a few days early and stay a few days after and you'll be fine.

We love to go out of San Juan. We just book an early flight out to avoid the airport mess. It's not very crowded before 11:00 am. After that, then it becomes a zoo until around 4:00 pm.

Do any of you know if there are data ports for laptop hookups anywhere in the SJ airport? We flew thru there several years ago for a cruise and there were none at that time, but wondering if that has changed now.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

:) :)

Babs1121:

The airport it's 15 to 20 minutes from the pier. You can find little hotels that are cheap than the one's with big names. From now I welcome you to our island and I hope you have a wonderful time and no problems. For the other people, thank you for those great comments of Puerto Rico.

Take care

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

We are staying in San Juan pre-cruise on a Friday Dec, 2005. We arriving about 4Pm on that Friday at SJU airport. Any recommendations or thoughts about the Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel versus the Embassy Suites Hotel in Isla Verde? Is one noisier than other at night? Thanks:) :)

:) :)

Babs1121:

Take care

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

We are staying in San Juan pre-cruise on a Friday Dec, 2005. We arriving about 4Pm on that Friday at SJU airport. Any recommendations or thoughts about the Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel versus the Embassy Suites Hotel in Isla Verde? Is one noisier than other at night? Thanks:) :)

AArggggg.....AA just sent an e-mail changing our flight time out of San Juan in January from 1:35pm to 1:13pm! Normally I'd be thrilled to be getting home sooner but with all the negative posts about 11am-4pm and the crowded conditions at SJU, I'm a little nervous. I bet this schedule change won't be the last either since we have two more months.

Archived