Need info on 3 star hotels in Florence, Rome & Sorrento.

KathShe

Thinking about going on tour in Florence, Rome and Sorrento in October 2018. Nothing definite. Tour company puts you up in 3 star hotels for time you are in different cities. You can upgrade to a Deluxe hotel package if you want to spent much more money. I am a bit nervous about staying in 3 star hotels. Are they clean, in safe areas, friendly, good breakfast?? ....ETC.

I was hoping to get some honest opinions from cruisers who might have stayed in these cities. I have the names of hotels the company puts you up but did not know if I could post them on CC. There are 4 to 5 different hotels they give the names of for each city. Can I put the names of these hotels on CC to see if anyone has an opinion on what we should do..?? Stay in deluxe or take chances on the 3 star.??

Thanks for any help some of you might be able to give me. I appreciate any help I can get... Before we make our decision to go or not. Thanks, Kat

You may be under a bit of a misapprehension about what star ratings mean in Italy. It's not the same as in the US. Stars are given primarily on the basis of available amenities. I have stayed in "deluxe" 3-star hotels that cost upward of $400/night, and I have stayed at 4- and even 5-stars that are nothing to write home about.

Also, I'd often choose a 3-star hotel that's well-located in the center of the city than a 5-star hotel on a lovely property that's far away from the things you want to see and do as a sightseer.

Definitely research the hotels listed. As the other poster says, Tripadvisor is a good tool, but there are others too. And look at location carefully. Check Google maps for exact location, (You won't believe how many hotels say that they are located only 'steps' from Trevi Fountain -- without saying exactly how many steps....)

We've stayed in very good 3 star hotels in other parts of Europe. I too have been researching for Italy 2018 and have found wonderful 3 star properties. You just have to go to TripAdvisor to see all the reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,we live in the deep south of Italy and drive back to UK and home again once a year.We use Expedia for booking and we use 3 star hotels.All very clean and with wifi,restaurants etc,cheers,Brian.