Items allowed onboard

crash3x

I am taking a 10 day cruise ,I am tired of looking wrinkled and downy wrinkle releaser and hanging items in bathroom. I have a personal little steamer that works off tap water and standard outlet..........it has on/off and auto off ...it is about the size of travel hair dryer. Will it be allowed on board or will they confiscate it from my luggage?

I am taking a 10 day cruise ,I am tired of looking wrinkled and downy wrinkle releaser and hanging items in bathroom. I have a personal little steamer that works off tap water and standard outlet..........it has on/off and auto off ...it is about the size of travel hair dryer. Will it be allowed on board or will they confiscate it from my luggage?

Not allowed and will be confiscated if found.

I believe travel steamers are NOT allowed.

Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners

Years ago I traveled with an all plastic travel steamer. But, nowadays, everything I bring is pressed at home if needed and I use lots of cleaner bag plastic between anything that wrinkles in my bag. Easiest solution especially when we are hoteling for 3 nights before settling in on a ship.

As CB said, you'll wrinkle like every one else does. Use shower steam to unwrinkle. And definitely don't worry about it;p

No, they'll confiscate it. And do you really want to spend your vacation worrying about your clothes being a little wrinkled?

If it really bothers you that much, build a pressing allowance into your budget and once on board send everything that wrinkles out to be pressed. We send my husband's dress shirts out for pressing. Best $5 or so we ever spend.

Or change what you bring so that you bring mostly knits that don't wrinkle.

Or live with it. You're on vacation. Relax! Everybody else will be wrinkled too.

Please don't take your mini steamer. It's not allowed. It's a safety hazard. How would you feel if something went wrong and you caused it? Use the hints provided here and besides,no one really cares if your clothes are wrinkled.

Any items that are likely to wrinkle should be the last packed. If staying enroute in a hotel take them out as soon as your arrive and hang them up and again as soon as you get onboard hang them up. This will minimise the problem.