Fellow Carnival Cruisers, Learn from my mistake - Use the safe for your valuables.

torromierda

In summary: Travel folder with documents and currency 'went missing' (not my words) from my Cabin on the Victory.

Thank goodness our passports were stored elsewhere.

Thank goodness we were carrying a smaller amount of currency than usual.

The worst part is not the money loss, although that smarts, the worst part is mistrusting staff for the remainder of the holiday.

So Mia Culpa, I wont put myself or anyone serving us in the same position, I will use the safe.

If one person learns from my stupidity I will be happy.

I'm sorry your stuff went missing, but that is exactly why I have always put (and always will) my valuables in the safe. I trust the room steward, but you never with people. I also know that the cabin door is often left open when the rooms are being cleaned and anyone walking by would see valuables if they are left out in the open.

I'm sorry your stuff went missing, but that is exactly why I have always put (and always will) my valuables in the safe. I trust the room steward, but you never with people. I also know that the cabin door is often left open when the rooms are being cleaned and anyone walking by would see valuables if they are left out in the open.

This. Exactly this.

We have always done it in 10 years of cruising, however this time we had, the previous week, stayed in AirBnBs and hotels and had gotten out of the habit.

Also we had a lower than usual sum of currency as it was a short cruise.

So sorry to hear about your loss.....but it is a good smart warning for the rest of us as well.

Feel a bit silly admitting it, and anticipated some responses of "Serves you right for leaving them out" but, as usual, CC people are lovely.

As you say the purpose of the post is to try to ensure no CC member gets to feel like I did that morning and, to varying degrees, for the remainder of the cruise.

Gather it up

Stow it in the Safe

Enjoy your time on board.

Cabins are open while being cleaned. Anyone can go in.

Indeed.

That has to be taken into account. Hence I have tried not to point the finger, or surmise as to who the thief was ( I really don't like the term "Went Missing" that's what happens to a cat, dog or small child. My possessions were stolen.

Never trust the room steward ,ever. I say that from experiences.

Edited by BoDidly

Never trust the room steward ,ever. I say that with from experiences.

On our very first cruise on Fantasy back in 1992, we cruised with a large group that told us to use the safe, and we did. They had ashtrays in the room back then. On the first sea day, I returned to our cabin..........gee, it was already made up.....and took off my good watch and replaced it with my older one. I wanted to return to my group ASAP, so I put it in the ashtray and put the ashtray in the drawer and covered it with underware.

Forward to dinner. I went to put my good watch on and it was gone! Remember, the room was already made up and the watch was NOT out in the open. No one knew anything and we did not tip our room stu on the last night. If that was wrong, I don't know, but why was someone going through my drawers...........LITERALLY!

In summary: Travel folder with documents and currency 'went missing' (not my words) from my Cabin on the Victory.

Thank goodness our passports were stored elsewhere.

Thank goodness we were carrying a smaller amount of currency than usual.

The worst part is not the money loss, although that smarts, the worst part is mistrusting staff for the remainder of the holiday.

So Mia Culpa, I wont put myself or anyone serving us in the same position, I will use the safe.

If one person learns from my stupidity I will be happy.

That is why you have a safe.