Cruising with Teens on the Oasis. Recommendations?

reefdmain

The first day. The teen counselors will hold a meet and mingle either in "on-Air" or Fuel, the teen club.

It is a great way to meet new friends early on the cruise.

We cruised when our daughter was 14-15-16-17 and she looked up the time and place in the cruise compass.

She had so much fun with her new friends, that we never saw her, in fact we had to remind her who she was traveling with (mom and dad) and we needed updates to know she was ok.

This was before we used WIFI.

She made friends all over the world.

The counselors are great.

They have many planned activities and in fact our daughter was prom queen when she was 17 on the Allure of the Seas.

Safe travels.

The best thing you have going for you is that both your daughters are of the age where they can both attend the teen club. We have been on two cruises in the past year and for both, my oldest son was 18 and my youngest was 15/16. Since they like to hang out together, and my oldest couldn't do the teen club, it meant my youngest missed out on that. I would encourage your girls to get involved in that.

As for the excursions, we did the same cruise last summer on Harmony. Now I had two teenage boys, but here is what we found for each:

Labadee: We rented the clamshell loungers (they were on sale for half price on the cruise planner when we got them). They were relatively cheap, relaxing, and convenient to most everything we needed. The zipline was also on sale, so we got that for the boys and they loved it!

Falmouth: We did the Royalton White Sands resort through a third party (Shore Excursioner I think) and we all really enjoyed it. It was a nice resort with lots to do and good food. The one thing I will caution you on is that they DO NOT appear to enforce any drinking age at the bars (at least the one by the pool). My boys discovered this, and let's just say they had a "good time" at the Royalton, while my wife and I laid on the beach (chalk it up to being a Jamaica rookie).

Cozumel: We have been there twice. The first time we did the speedboat/snorkel adventure and loved it. The second time we did the ATV Tour to Jade Caverns and my boys said they liked that even more. So not sure if your girls like active things...but those were two fun excursions that were just the right length and had a little adrenaline to go along with it.

Hope you all have a great time!

If your girls are looking to make some friends on board have them attend the teen get together on the first evening.

Agreed 100%. Years ago we traveled with our then 17 year old daughter. Upon boarding she immediately told us that the ship "wasn't what she expected". We were very worried that we would have to deal with a sulking 17 year old for the whole week. So we brought her to the teen center over her protests right after supper on that first night of the cruise and we left. We snuck back 30 minutes later and she was still there. 30 minutes later she was gone. She met a couple of other girls and she had the time of her life.

Just got off the Allure with my 17 and 15 year old boys. They love the teen club. Met so many kids. Had a blast. I saw them for dinner and when we got off the ship at ports. That was about it. And when we were at dinner we mostly heard. “can we go now? We have to meet our friends.”

They had their own room and had to come check in at 1:00 (curfew time on the ship) before they went to their room for the night. My husband stays up and I’m an early sleeper one sea day I saw them at dinner and then not again until dinner the next night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
Just got off the Allure with my 17 and 15 year old boys. They love the teen club. Met so many kids. Had a blast. I saw them for dinner and when we got off the ship at ports. That was about it. And when we were at dinner we mostly heard. “can we go now? We have to meet our friends.”

They had their own room and had to come check in at 1:00 (curfew time on the ship) before they went to their room for the night. My husband stays up and I’m an early sleeper one sea day I saw them at dinner and then not again until dinner the next night.

Did you have to register them for the teen club?