Why are HAL Cruises NOT on their website?

CM1984

We are interested in a specific November 2018 Panama Cruise on HAL. I can see cabins available through online TA's, but HAL doesn't even show the cruise is available? Any help appreciated.

We've recently noticed that with the new website, HAL heavily promotes the cruises eligible for the current promotion only.

We are looking at an upcoming cruise and noticed that there appeared to be gaps in a ship's sailing. Upon further research, like you, we found the cruises to fill in the gaps on a TA site yet could not find these cruises on HAL's site as they were not eligible for the current promotion.

We are interested in a specific November 2018 Panama Cruise on HAL. I can see cabins available through online TA's, but HAL doesn't even show the cruise is available? Any help appreciated.

Did you try Plan A Cruise and select Panama Canal and November? That should work for you.

I had this happen with some European cruises. I noticed if that ship had an identical sailing in June, it wouldn’t show up with July and August searches. But when I clicked June and View Itinerary, I could see the other months, too. Hopefully they’ll get this fixed. Good luck!

Why don't cruises show?

Because the website was designed, developed, and moved to production by people who don't have a clue.

:o Well...………..maybe they should always be designed by people that have tried to search for cruises a lot!

Why don't cruises show?

Because the website was designed, developed, and moved to production by people who don't have a clue.

The chat feature is no longer an option either. It came in handy for me to be able to chat with a live rep at HAL. :(

I had the same thing happen today. I received a brochure and when I tried to look up the cruise on the website it was not there. I put in all the filters (ship, date, destination, show sold out cruises) and nothing.

You may want to try HAL's old website, which is much more straightforward and functional, and much less showy.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/?ASCookie=RSOrigin

On my Windows 10 laptop, I found that this only worked on Internet Explorer and Brave browsers, but not Firefox (updated today, v60.0.1). It also works on Brave on my Samsung Android tablet.

Good luck!

The chat feature is no longer an option either. It came in handy for me to be able to chat with a live rep at HAL. :(

When you’re in the ‘Manage cruise section’ where you can buy excursions, packages, etcetera a chat button is still displayed

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Forums

I just entered this info using the old website link. There were a couple of full transit Panama Canal in Nov. showing. If you're looking for the partial transit cruise then you need to select Caribbean as your destination instead of Panama Canal. There are also a few in November listed there as well.

Helen

I just entered this info using the old website link. There were a couple of full transit Panama Canal in Nov. showing. If you're looking for the partial transit cruise then you need to select Caribbean as your destination instead of Panama Canal. There are also a few in November listed there as well.

Helen

Hi Helen:D

What category are the full transits under? I’m starting to “need” a booking.

Why don't cruises show?

Yes, or possibly moved to production by management even though the designers were not really finished.

Helen

Helen, I just searched your way, and there they were, except the November 25 did not show up. This is definitely confusing, most people wanting Panama Canal search on PC? Oh well, this is one of the things I love about Cruise Critic. We help each other - and I thank you. :hearteyes: