What Are The Lunch Options on the Edge?

vtcruising

I started to look more closely at lunch options on the Edge and was happy to see that there are more options than on other Celebrity ships, including more complimentary options and more options on port days. I organized the info to get a better idea of what was available and when.

Venues that Serve Lunch Both on Port and Sea Days:

One of the old favorites that is getting a makeover on the Edge is the Mast Grill. They are keeping it a complimentary venue for lunch and it looks like they are adding some items to the menu:

"There’s no better place to samplesome hearty fare than on the top deck at the Mast Grill. Enjoy ocean views andcurb your hunger with a burger, salad, or sandwich in a relaxed, poolsideatmosphere. Cheers!"

Though we have always enjoyed the burgers at the Mast Grill, I love that there are also going to be sandwich and salad options. On port days, it is nice to have this alternative for lunch.

It looks like a more comfortable space, as far as space and seating - it looks less open than on other X ships, but it may just the viewpoint of this picture.

enhance

enhance

Eden Café:

"Eden Café offers a wide variety of morning beverages and casual culinary bites. Choose from a variety of items, including salads and incredible assortment of sandwiches and paninis. Whichever meal you’re enjoying at Eden Café, just steps away on either side of Eden are two areas of outdoor seating where you can enjoy your meal al fresco."

Again a nice complimentary alternative for lunch, with outside seating.

enhance

enhance

Grand Plaza Café:

"Complimentary venue offering quick sweet and savory bites throughout the day."

There are no pictures because it lives in the atrium on deck 3, which has not been revealed.

This doesn't sound like a full lunch place, but might be a good alternative if you are saving room for a big dinner.

Spa Café and Juice Bar:

"A creative take on healthy fare, featuring flavorful and good for you snacks such as homemade granola bars. This venue will feature cold pressed juices with big flavors that are healthy for you and promote an alkaline environment in your body."

Looks like a nice place with great views for lunch when hanging out at the Solarium.

enhance

Oceanview Café:

"An improved signature fleet favorite that has added a bakery and Asian stir fry station to complement the pizza, grill and beverage areas."

And there's always the buffet, which they have promised to improve, though it already has many great options.

To be continued in next post....

Edited by vtcruising

Venues That Serve Lunch on Sea Days Only:

Complimentary:

MDR - Cosmopolitan and Cyprus Restaurants (Cyprus is for overflow)

enhance

enhance

Luminae (for Suite guests)

enhance

To be continued...

Edited by vtcruising

Venues that Serve Lunch on Sea Days Only:

Extra Cost:

Le Grand Bistro ($20 PP):

"Inspired by classic French bistros, the mouthwatering sights, scents, and sounds of a bustling boulangerie patisserie will excite you almost as much as the food itself. You have seating options that range from the planter-edged sidewalk to the inner café with stunning views of the sea. So, every time you eat here, it’s a whole new experience."

menu: https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Le-Grand-Bistro.pdf

enhance

Raw on 5 (a la carte):

"Using both raw and refined elements with earth tones, pearlescent accents, and natural textures, we’ve created a sophisticated yet approachable restaurant. The dramatic raw bar display at the entrance showcases an abundance of oysters, crab, and lobsters to choose from. The menu, also available at the Magic Carpet when positioned on deck 5, will feature more casual offerings like Shrimp Salad, our signature Lobster Roll and sushi and sashimi prepared by our expert sushi chefs."

menu: https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Raw-On-5_Correct-Order.pdf

enhance

Rooftop Garden Grill ($25 PP):

"Whether enjoying lunch or dining under the stars, the Rooftop Garden Grill is nestled perfectly in its own delicious corner of the Rooftop Garden. Discover the ultimate in outdoor eateries where you’re surrounded by the open sky and the most incredible ocean views around while you savor gourmet backyard BBQ favorites."

menu: https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Rooftop-Grill.pdf

enhance

Here's a schedule of dining (I'm sure it is subject to changes):

enhance

Looking at the dailies from other cruises, the Mast Grill was open 11:30-6:00, Spa Café 7-9:30 (port) or 7-10:00 AM (sea) for breakfast and 12-2 for lunch.

Choices, choices..... to try everything on one cruise, we are going to have to plan it out very carefully. ;)

I really hope that on the preview cruises and some of the first cruises offered on Edge, the For Cost venues will be open on Port Days. It would be great to have Raw or Roof Top Grill after coming back from a morning at the Beach or even for those of us who don't plan to get off the ship at some ports because we want to explore. HaHa, I am worried that my 10 day cruise (3 day preview B2B with 7 day B) will just not be long enough to get all these venues in. There is only 3 actual " Sea Days." I guess the two days we will have for embarkment may help given that usually Sushi on the 5 is open for lunch, so maybe Raw will be too! Thanks for putting this together! We must plan carefully if we want to try and fit everything in. Cannot wait! Only 23 more weeks togo for us!

I really hope that on the preview cruises and some of the first cruises offered on Edge, the For Cost venues will be open on Port Days. It would be great to have Raw or Roof Top Grill after coming back from a morning at the Beach or even for those of us who don't plan to get off the ship at some ports because we want to explore. HaHa, I am worried that my 10 day cruise (3 day preview B2B with 7 day B) will just not be long enough to get all these venues in. There is only 3 actual " Sea Days." I guess the two days we will have for embarkment may help given that usually Sushi on the 5 is open for lunch, so maybe Raw will be too! Thanks for putting this together! We must plan carefully if we want to try and fit everything in. Cannot wait! Only 23 more weeks togo for us!

I agree! I think, especially when the ship is in the Caribbean, they should have some of the specialties open when in port. Many of us don't get off at all ports, since we've been multiple times, and love to enjoy the ship when it is a bit quieter. On our cruise in Sept on the Reflection The Porch was open at noon, but Sushi on 5 wasn't open until 3:00 on port days. Both were open on embarkation day, so maybe Rooftop Grill, Le Grand Bistro and Raw on 5 will be open on embarkation day.

Maybe on the preview cruises they will open some of the specialties for lunch on the port days to trial them (we could be the guinea pigs). I am happy that they will have some additional nice complimentary options, but I hope to try to get to all venues in 13 days (2 preview 3 day cruises and a 7 day cruise in Jan), but only have 4 sea days and 3 embarkation days. With 29 restaurants and bars, we may have to do some grazing - small meals every 2-3 hours, with a bar in between. ;)

I'm kidding of course, but we will have fun trying to do it all! Mcampo, hope to meet you onboard as we do our exploring! :D

Does it say somewhere that Eden Cafe is no extra charge?

Yes, it is on the website as complimentary:

"We’ve expanded the dining opportunities in main dining with four new restaurants, and we’ve extended the complimentary dining selection across Celebrity Edge, as well. From the new Eden Café to the popular Oceanview Café and Mast Grill, there’s every opportunity to please your palate morning, noon, and night."

Port day lunch always the weakest ....that's why Bistro on 5 was always a godsend...great menu, quiet and often open. It was our go to lunch place.

I think the cruise line uses port days for staff days off...to visit the port or if they stay on board just catch up on sleep and laundry, phone calls etc,. Less of a demand when most guests head out...

Port day lunch always the weakest ....that's why Bistro on 5 was always a godsend...great menu, quiet and often open. It was our go to lunch place.

I think the cruise line uses port days for staff days off...to visit the port or if they stay on board just catch up on sleep and laundry, phone calls etc,. Less of a demand when most guests head out...

That's a good thought - I hadn't thought of that - I just thought the demand was too low.

Some of the lunch spots look like college mess halls...very sterile but probably easy to keep clean! Hope eventually they get some personality!

Much of the interior of the ship looks pretty sterile in the renditions - hoping for more color in the final versions. They should have hired us to help them with the interior design. ;)

I started to look more closely at lunch options on the Edge and was happy to see that there are more options than on other Celebrity ships, including more complimentary options and more options on port days. I organized the info to get a better idea of what was available and when.

Thank you so much for putting this summary together! It's wonderful.

I've started to think about dining options on the Edge, and saw your other thread. The 344 responses (so far) is intimidating to tackle!

Thank you so much for putting this summary together! It's wonderful.

I've started to think about dining options on the Edge, and saw your other thread. The 344 responses (so far) is intimidating to tackle!

It was helpful to me to break it down - I didn't realize that there were so many options! :D

Yes, it is on the website as complimentary:

"We’ve expanded the dining opportunities in main dining with four new restaurants, and we’ve extended the complimentary dining selection across Celebrity Edge, as well. From the new Eden Café to the popular Oceanview Café and Mast Grill, there’s every opportunity to please your palate morning, noon, and night."

I wonder if Eden Cafe will have certain items for an extra fee like Spa Cafe on other ships?

I wonder if Eden Cafe will have certain items for an extra fee like Spa Cafe on other ships?

Sounds like a possibility. Maybe they will start free and add some for fee items, as they have done in the past. 😃

t - The Spa Cafe has extra fee items? I was not aware of this or never encountered them...

bon voyage

Sounds lovely... how about "Vtcat Designs"?

I like the sound of that...we and many loyal cruisers probably have many great ideas.,.but the designs are done for better or worse!

Can you clarify the Gran Bistro. Will the menu at the link you posted, be the lunch menu for $20.00 pp ? Menu set up is like B on 5 towards the end of its run. We missed the Tues Rack of Lamb ...heard they were fabulous! This restaurant looks a bit less antiseptic than some of the other spots...looks nice actually.

For our itin.,Tues is a port day San Juan. We are not getting off...Going there for lunch would be a great way to enjoy this venue esp as we won't be able to go for dinner. Not a fan of Petite Chef.

Edited by hcat

t - The Spa Cafe has extra fee items? I was not aware of this or never encountered them...

bon voyage

Smoothies, I think are extra????...tried one once in BLU..did not like it...

I like the sound of that...we and many loyal cruisers probably have many great ideas.,.but the designs are done for better or worse!

Can you clarify the Gran Bistro. Will the menu at the link you posted, be the lunch menu for $20.00 pp ? Menu set up is like B on 5 towards the end of its run. We missed the Tues Rack of Lamb ...heard they were fabulous! This restaurant looks a bit less antiseptic than some of the other spots...looks nice actually.

For our itin.,Tues is a port day San Juan. We are not getting off...Going there for lunch would be a great way to enjoy this venue esp as we won't be able to go for dinner. Not a fan of Petite Chef.

I am assuming it is like Bistro on 5 with same menu for lunch and dinner, but not sure. I hope it is open on port days, but the schedule so far says all specialties only open on sea days. Since this one has breakfast too maybe it will stay open all day. Yes, $20 PP now. 😊

I am assuming it is like Bistro on 5 with same menu for lunch and dinner, but not sure. I hope it is open on port days, but the schedule so far says all specialties only open on sea days. Since this one has breakfast too maybe it will stay open all day. Yes, $20 PP now. 😊

Guess I am confused...where is the Petite Chef being offered.? I .thought it was at this Bistro? If not, we can book it for dinner on San Juan night,,..that would be perfect. Much as we like BLU as a home base, we tend to wander elsewhere quite a bit..

Guess I am confused...where is the Petite Chef being offered.? I .thought it was at this Bistro? If not, we can book it for dinner on San Juan night,,..that would be perfect. Much as we like BLU as a home base, we tend to wander elsewhere quite a bit..

Sorry I meant that originally they had planned to do lunch and dinner and that was the only menu. I am assuming that it was for both originally, though now it is only LPC at night.

I am at work and multi- tasking. [emoji2]

bon voyage

Smoothies, I think are extra????...tried one once in BLU..did not like it...

I believe that you are correct. The smoothies at aqua spa Cafe are now extra.

In fact, they used to be included with the classic beverage package before X made the changes to their bvg packages.

I have tried the smoothies available through room service, as well as the elite breakfast, and those were both different than the smoothies I tried at Aqua Spa Cafe (which were quite interesting and more comprehensive). So I'm not sure if those are the same as the ones available at Blu.

Here is the Spa Café menu from March. It looks like the charge items were fresh-pressed juices, smoothies and baby coconuts. I think others here have reported using beverage packages. Now I want to go back and get a baby coconut with rum - who knew that was an option? :D

enhance