First seating or not...

geoff99

We have just booked our ninth cruise with Rccl but have had to take first seating ,this is not an option for us as we eat later.

What is the best way to go either Chops or Portofino's x 6.

Will mtd work? or will it be possible to change from early to late once onboard .If we go for mtd can we organise it when we get onboard ? many thanks ....

We have just booked our ninth cruise with Rccl but have had to take first seating ,this is not an option for us as we eat later.

What is the best way to go either Chops or Portofino's x 6.

Will mtd work? or will it be possible to change from early to late once onboard .If we go for mtd can we organise it when we get onboard ? many thanks ....

My Time Dining sounds like the reasonable alternative for you. Why do you hesitate?

We originally requested and got early seating for the cruise we just finished yesterday, but decided we would try late seating if we could et it changed. Went to see the maitre d' after boarding and we were able to switch with no problem. There is usually more of a problem trying to switch from late to early seating. I also heard other people switching to MTD once onboard, so you probably can work something out that will work for your schedule.

We originally requested and got early seating for the cruise we just finished yesterday, but decided we would try late seating if we could et it changed. Went to see the maitre d' after boarding and we were able to switch with no problem. There is usually more of a problem trying to switch from late to early seating. I also heard other people switching to MTD once onboard, so you probably can work something out that will work for your schedule.

well, that depends ... if you're sailing in Europe, the late seating tends to fill up first. That's what happened to us last month on Navigator. We were not able to book our cruise until a month or so beforehand, so the late seating was already full and we were given the early seating, which is too early for us.

Once we got on board, we tried to switch but nothing was available. Since our table was in a good position, we decided to keep our early assignment, which turned out to be a good decision. Our tablemates were absolutely wonderful, and MTD looked completely disorganized, with very long waits.

It's really up to you. I don't really care which seating, but if I wanted another time, there are certainly lots of options...request a time change on board, eat at another venue, order room service. Not that big a deal really.

Archived