Adventure of the Seas Condition

lddam

My wife and I have never been on RC and are considering a 7-day on Adventure of the Sea. She has expressed some concern as to the age of Adventure (2001) and that it hasn't been refurbished since its launch. I sure would appreciate any recent cruisers on Adventure giving us an overview of its condition, cleanliness, service, etc.

Thanks in advance.

It is my understanding that the AOS was in dry dock this past April. I was on her in February before dry dock, and she was in very good shape. Any ship will show signs of wear and tear given the thousands of passengers each week, but the crew take pride in their ship and strive to make sure it is clean and in good condition.

Do any recent cruisers know if the TV's were replace (especially in the GS) with the flat screens during refurbishing? I assume that the bedding is new, correct!

That is a great question, but I am quite sure I read someone on here report that the TV's are still of the old variety and not flat panel....

That is a great question, but I am quite sure I read someone on here report that the TV's are still of the old variety and not flat panel....

Read on the GS thread that the TV's are still the old variety and could not be seen from the bed. When they are upgraded, hopefully they will make them larger.

That was SO funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

LOL That was hilarious! With the above post, and the following from this poster this morning, I wonder what is good about his cruise?

Originally Posted by alexkrn46

I am posting this from a Grand Suite on the AOS. The TVs are the old tube type and it is so far away from the bed. The robes are not the blush robes but the spa robes.

The coffee machine is broken in the lounge. One thing is there are ample towels unlike the balcony.

There was reserved seating for the ice shows. No pillow menu. Room service you get a special menu but we were often referred to the main menu.

We enjoyed our suite.

Can anyone tell me if the balconies are steel like Voyager or glass like Mariner?

Tim

The balconies are the steel ones built into the hull like the Explorer and Voyager. Only the Mariner and Navigator have the glass. ;)

Here is a picture showing the Adventure balconies by CC Hawkfish. It was taken from a hump cabin.

Click on it to enlarge it. ;)

It just had a face lift in February, it is in fine shape. RCCL is excellent about maintaining their ships.

I was on the AOS in 2004, and I am on the AOS right now. The Majesty of the Seas was in better shape in 2007 after they did the refit,

To watch TV you have to wait for the tuner to warm up. In my opinion the ship is showing it's age.

Most of the personal are wonderful but is doesn't make up for the tired look the ship has.

We missed most of our ports due to the weather ( not RCCL). The cruise director needs to be matured, he is well meaning but he uses a DJ voice which annoyed me.

Well it really sounds like I lucked out compared to the GS snobs. My TV was old tube type but turned on right away and was nicely visible from bed. I had no balcony to worry about rusting. The nearest coffee machine was in the promenade and that was always nicely stocked and running!

Not sure about the complaint about a pillow menu, if you're that particular bring your own. Room service menu? Get out and enjoy the MDR. We ordered breakfast delivery with coffee as an appetizer prior to going to WJ or MDR (or both some days). MDR has awesome french toast and WJ has the nice carved ham.

We did catch them doing some painting around the deck and sanding pool wood surfaces during a port day, so it appears that they have their maintenance crew constantly keeping up with the ship.

This is based on a August 23, 2009 sailing on the AOS.

Worried about the age of the ship? How old is your house and when was it last refurbushed. An 8 year old ship is not bad!

Well it really sounds like I lucked out compared to the GS snobs. My TV was old tube type but turned on right away and was nicely visible from bed. I had no balcony to worry about rusting. The nearest coffee machine was in the promenade and that was always nicely stocked and running!

Not sure about the complaint about a pillow menu, if you're that particular bring your own. Room service menu? Get out and enjoy the MDR. We ordered breakfast delivery with coffee as an appetizer prior to going to WJ or MDR (or both some days). MDR has awesome french toast and WJ has the nice carved ham.

We did catch them doing some painting around the deck and sanding pool wood surfaces during a port day, so it appears that they have their maintenance crew constantly keeping up with the ship.

This is based on a August 23, 2009 sailing on the AOS.

Worried about the age of the ship? How old is your house and when was it last refurbushed. An 8 year old ship is not bad!

Sounds like the ship has really taken a beating in the two weeks since you got off of her.

LOL That was hilarious! With the above post, and the following from this poster this morning, I wonder what is good about his cruise?

What was good is that we had excellent cabin attendant, great waiter. We had a sea day due to weather and their were no extra activities. It is hard to watch a movie when their is a small screen with a remote that was hard to use.

We were on the AOS 2004, we have been on the Majesty after they did a complete re do, there was nothing updated on since the last dry dock.Many of the carpets had stains.

The shore excursions were not as advertised and horrible. I got sea sick being on a "powerboat" which was little more than a rowboat with an engine.

Overall it was great to get away from work.

I am one credit shy of Diamond Plus, being Diamond means nothing, the coupons are useless, there are no perks to being Diamond.

If you are a first time cruiser you will not notice the difference.

I was answering the questions about the pillow menu, which I don't care about.

Our house is old but maintained very well.

Archived