Comfort suites / saving $$$

family cruisers

Okay we are looking at booking this but when you book on line do you put arrival day as (obvioulsy) the day in port and put check out the day after?

And like someone else has previously asked can we get there early and get the wrist bands?

The key card someone said you use to buy food etc at the Atlantis I assume this just charges to the credit card you use to book the room?

Thanks

just trying to get clarification. if we book a room at comfort suites we get ALL THE AMENITIES at the atlantis (beach, water park, digs, etc.) and can walk around the ENTIRE resort with the wrist band. we will be on carnival freedom from 12 pm - 7 pm. we plan on using the ALFA code as mentioned in this post. what is the final cost for 2 adults with tax? also, how do you get to comfort suites from the pier? how far is it? how much does it cost?

sorry for all the questions, leaving in 2 weeks and trying to get the plans down!

thanks!!

You get everthing at Atlantis except the "Dolphin interactions and Manta Rays". The Comfort Inn cost me $177.41 with tax with the code. You must also pay an Energy Surcharge $9.95 per adult per nite and a Housekeeping gratuities of $4.50 per adult per nite. That puts it around $206 for us (2 adult 2 child). The cabs pick U up at the dock, its $5 each pp each way.So with the round trip its $246. If purchased from the ship its $452 or U can go to Atlantis ten its $410 plus cab fare $40 total $450 without a gaurantee you'll get a ticket because they sellout sometimes. Leaving in 2 days on the Pride.

You get everthing at Atlantis except the "Dolphin interactions and Manta Rays". The Comfort Inn cost me $177.41 with tax with the code. You must also pay an Energy Surcharge $9.95 per adult per nite and a Housekeeping gratuities of $4.50 per adult per nite. That puts it around $206 for us (2 adult 2 child). The cabs pick U up at the dock, its $5 each pp each way.So with the round trip its $246. If purchased from the ship its $452 or U can go to Atlantis ten its $410 plus cab fare $40 total $450 without a gaurantee you'll get a ticket because they sellout sometimes. Leaving in 2 days on the Pride.

We are going on the Pride on Nov. 8 and I saw you were leaving in 2 days. Could you please, please, please get, save and post your capers when you return??? I have asked several others with no luck. You can post them on the Carnival roll call page for Nov. 8, or directly to me at jimbaker53@verizon.net. I would really appreciate it if you could. There are alot of people on the web looking for our particular itinerary, Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport, and no one has of yet posted. I also put in the farmers code and it said one person in the room had to be a member for discount to apply. With my internet discount, it was only 20 $ more, but that's an idea about splitting the arm bands. Is it more for 4 adults? Do the arm bands differentiate between adult and child? If I left the res. at 2 adults, would they still give me 4 armbands? I don't know if you even know, but thought I'd ask. Thanks alot, Jeanne

I will post the capers when I get the time hopefully by the nxt weekend. I will have to figure out how to do it by scaning or maybe I'll fax them to U and U can post them! You will get 4 bands max so if U get some one to split with add them as kids or call and ask? This is my first time doing this also. Leaving in 7 hrs time for bed!!!!!!!!!Email me a fax # stanczaks4@verizion.net and I will get them to U!!!!!!!!

I will post the capers when I get the time hopefully by the nxt weekend. I will have to figure out how to do it by scaning or maybe I'll fax them to U and U can post them! You will get 4 bands max so if U get some one to split with add them as kids or call and ask? This is my first time doing this also. Leaving in 7 hrs time for bed!!!!!!!!!Email me a fax # stanczaks4@verizion.net and I will get them to U!!!!!!!!

When you get back, can you possibly send them to me in the mail? Our fax machine is down at this time and I also am not too computer savy(don't know how to scan either) hehe!! It is Jeanne Baker 103 Bluebill Crt. Havre de Grace, Md. 21078 and I will post them. I will also reimburse you for postage. Have a super great cruise!!!!!! Jeanne

You can check in at any time, but they may or may not have a room available for you at that time. You make your reservations for the day that you arrive, and schedule the next day for your time to check out. When you get off the ship, go into the building at the pier, and ask for a cab to Atlantis. They will wait a little while until they have a van load, so may be waiting 30 minutes or so at the most until they have enough people. The ride is only 5-10 min, and they stop right at the main entrance to Atlantis. If you are going to Comfort Suites, just tell the cab driver and he'll drive around and drop you off there.

When you check in at the front desk, they will look at your reservation and give you a paper pass for each person on the reservation. We had 2 adults and 2 kids, but I don't remember that the kid passes were any different from the adult ones. But I do remember that we had 2 cards, and each one said "x2". So one may have been for 2 adults and one for 2 kids. We have 4 adults going next week, and it was $40 extra for the 3rd and 4th adult. Kind of made it not worthwhile, so we didn't reserve a room. I really doubt that you could get 4 passes if you just reserved a room for 2 adults.

They will direct you to walk down the hall, out the door, and across the street to Atlantis. You go through the hotel and out the door to the pools, then stop at a towel hut where you show them your pass, and they will give you wristbands. You can also get towels which you can swap out for dry ones at any towel hut for no charge. So you won't need to take towels at all.

You will have full access to all pools, water park slides, The Dig, etc. You can show your pass to rent a locker for $5 and to buy food. It will all be added to your hotel bill when you check out. Note: for lunch, I would suggest the hamburger place at the foot of the Mayan temple slide. You can get 4 huge burgers, 2 large fries and 4 drinks for $25. At least you could 2 years ago. =) Every other place we found was outrageous--$9 for a hot dog kids meal.

Then, when you are ready to leave, (the slides shut down at 7 p.m., I think) walk back over to the hotel, go to your room, take advantage of the large bathroom, tub and shower, =) and possibly the laundry room (we washed and dried our suits rather than take wet suits back onto the ship). Then when you check out, you will pay for your room and whatever you charged at Atlantis. A cab pulled up outside just as we were leaving, and we got back on the ship about 9 p.m.

Thank you for all the great info and the code. I need to know what day to book it for. We will be there at 7 am on the 18th of november, but it says check in is not until 4 pm. Can i go early and get the wrist bands? I only put 2 adults in the reservation because the cost was alot higher with 4. Will we only get 2 wrist bands? Is there a way to do this where your getting all 4 with out adding 2 more adults to the reservation? Does the day pass include snorkeling with the Manta rays? Thanks for all the help.:)

You can check in anytime, you don't even have to use the room. You can check out at the same time if you wish.

As for wristbands, you will get the same # of wrist bands as you have PAID guests. So if you only say 2 adults, you will get 2 bands. NO more.

It does NOT include dolphins, manta rays, rock climbing, spa, Gym, COVE pool or any paid service.

. With my internet discount, it was only 20 $ more, but that's an idea about splitting the arm bands. Is it more for 4 adults? Do the arm bands differentiate between adult and child? If I left the res. at 2 adults, would they still give me 4 armbands? I don't know if you even know, but thought I'd ask. Thanks alot, Jeanne

Yes, it's more for 4 adults. About $70 per adult. As for armbands, they put them on you. YOu will be given a card that says x adults/c children.. they will only put bands on x adults and x children. It's not like they hand them to you and you can put them on whomever you want. This would also mean that everyone has to be present to get the bands.

Believe me, Atlantis has covered all the angles. It's all computerized.

so........we are leaving on 10/10, right around the corner. any idea what the rate at CS is for 2 adults with the discount code, including all taxes, etc??

thanks!! not sure if this would be worth it. we are in nassau from 12 a.m. - 7 p.m. what is the cancellation policy? is the water park big?

thanks again!!

You can check in at any time, but they may or may not have a room available for you at that time. You make your reservations for the day that you arrive, and schedule the next day for your time to check out. When you get off the ship, go into the building at the pier, and ask for a cab to Atlantis. They will wait a little while until they have a van load, so may be waiting 30 minutes or so at the most until they have enough people. The ride is only 5-10 min, and they stop right at the main entrance to Atlantis. If you are going to Comfort Suites, just tell the cab driver and he'll drive around and drop you off there.

When you check in at the front desk, they will look at your reservation and give you a paper pass for each person on the reservation. We had 2 adults and 2 kids, but I don't remember that the kid passes were any different from the adult ones. But I do remember that we had 2 cards, and each one said "x2". So one may have been for 2 adults and one for 2 kids. We have 4 adults going next week, and it was $40 extra for the 3rd and 4th adult. Kind of made it not worthwhile, so we didn't reserve a room. I really doubt that you could get 4 passes if you just reserved a room for 2 adults.

They will direct you to walk down the hall, out the door, and across the street to Atlantis. You go through the hotel and out the door to the pools, then stop at a towel hut where you show them your pass, and they will give you wristbands. You can also get towels which you can swap out for dry ones at any towel hut for no charge. So you won't need to take towels at all.

You will have full access to all pools, water park slides, The Dig, etc. You can show your pass to rent a locker for $5 and to buy food. It will all be added to your hotel bill when you check out. Note: for lunch, I would suggest the hamburger place at the foot of the Mayan temple slide. You can get 4 huge burgers, 2 large fries and 4 drinks for $25. At least you could 2 years ago. =) Every other place we found was outrageous--$9 for a hot dog kids meal.

Then, when you are ready to leave, (the slides shut down at 7 p.m., I think) walk back over to the hotel, go to your room, take advantage of the large bathroom, tub and shower, =) and possibly the laundry room (we washed and dried our suits rather than take wet suits back onto the ship). Then when you check out, you will pay for your room and whatever you charged at Atlantis. A cab pulled up outside just as we were leaving, and we got back on the ship about 9 p.m.

Thank you, that answered ALL of my questions now I am confindent booking this is the right choice!! :)

For those who are planning on using the Atlantis Aquapark and pools in the coming weeks and months, be aware that as the days get shorter, so do the park hours.

By mid October, the slides will begin closing earlier and earlier as well as the pools. By sunset, the grounds will be shut down completely and the action moved inside.

Here's a link the sunrise/sunset times. Figure the closings will begin about 1 hour prior to sunset.

Once the clocks change, the park will close at 5pm. Slides a few minute before that.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=173&month=10&year=2009&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

Thats not the price anymore. We paid more like $50.

so........we are leaving on 10/10, right around the corner. any idea what the rate at CS is for 2 adults with the discount code, including all taxes, etc??

thanks!! not sure if this would be worth it. we are in nassau from 12 a.m. - 7 p.m. what is the cancellation policy? is the water park big?

thanks again!!

The water park is not that big.. Not like a real water park like in the states. BUt it's sufficient to keep you occupied for the day.

Cancellation policy is 48 hours in advance I believe.. you can check the website. This gives you time to call them if the itinereay changes, but not due to weather.

As for being worth it.. I don't think it is.. not in that timeline By the time you leave the ship and check in, it will be between 1-1:30 and the slides will start to close around 5pm. Not alot of time for that kind of money.

• 1 month later...

I tried to book a room today online and the code didn't work:

Sorry, no rooms were available at the Significant Organization Savings Rate.

However, the rooms listed below are currently available at the Best Available Rate.

Hmmm, wonder if they caught on? Or if there are too many rooms already booked with this code? We are traveling in mid-April.....

That's too bad, the final cost for our room, 2 adults and 2 kids (10 and 12) will be $300.

We have to pay $4.50 each per adult and for 1 child for housekeeping, which is funny since we will never even set foot in the room, as well as $20 in energy charges...but it is still cheaper than buying a day pass directly from the resort.

I'll be on the Oasis on April 24, 2010. We arrive in Nassau on April 30th. I used the Farmers code on the Comfort Suites website and it's $238.41/night. That's $267.01 with 12% tax. Add the $9.95/pp energy charge and $4.50/pp housekeeping gratuities, that's a grand total of $295.91. The Atlantis Aquaventure excursion is $145/pp. That's $290. I won't be saving much by booking the Comfort Suites. I'm guessing pricing for the hotel varies by the season.

I'll be on the Oasis on April 24, 2010. We arrive in Nassau on April 30th. I used the Farmers code on the Comfort Suites website and it's $238.41/night. That's $267.01 with 12% tax. Add the $9.95/pp energy charge and $4.50/pp housekeeping gratuities, that's a grand total of $295.91. The Atlantis Aquaventure excursion is $145/pp. That's $290. I won't be saving much by booking the Comfort Suites. I'm guessing pricing for the hotel varies by the season.

That's correct. It does vary. And usually 3-4 people is where it ends up being much cheaper. If you find someone on your roll call willing to share you could save some money.

Keep checking! Originally I booked through the Choice website. A few months later I got a better rate through AAA. We have $174 plus fees for two people - better than the $150 pp through the cruise line. Plus we'll use the room to change from bathing suits for the evening!

Hi everyone! I am trying to understand all the info on this thread. If I book a room at the paradise comfort suites, I automatically get access for up to 4 people to the pools, beach and dig at atlantis? Where does it say this on their website? I am sorry but I am new to this and I dont get it, still I know lol

Hi everyone! I am trying to understand all the info on this thread. If I book a room at the paradise comfort suites, I automatically get access for up to 4 people to the pools, beach and dig at atlantis? Where does it say this on their website? I am sorry but I am new to this and I dont get it, still I know lol

Sorry, not exactly sure where it says it on the website, but will take a look in a bit. You get complete access to Atlantis (beach, chairs, water slides/rivers, The Dig, etc.) for the number of people booked in the room. Each room can hold up to 4 people. If you book more than one room you can have more people, but if you book a room for 2 you will only get 2 cards to get bracelets, so if you have 3 or 4 you need to be honest in order to get the correct number of cards for your group. They will charge you an additional person fee.

E.T.A. front page of the website lists the use of Atlantis.

The Comfort Suites® Paradise Island is located adjacent to the Atlantis Paradise Island and guests of the hotel can enjoy full use of all their facilities, including swimming pools, private beach, magnificent waterscapes, Lazy River Ride, water slides, health spa, tennis, and Kids Camp. Guests also have full signing privileges at Atlantis' restaurants and lounges.

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-paradise_island-bahamas-BS003

Archived