Comfort suites / saving $$$

family cruisers

Wow!! Cant believe how much $$ we saved with this info! Disney wanted 160 pp and 110 per child! I booked a room for two adults and two kids,with tax, housekeeping and all fees it came to $187.50! Thats what I call savings! Thanks everyone!!

You're welcome. Glad it worked out.

do you know about www.disboards.com ? They have a ton of Disney cruise info as well.

Great info everyone!!! Today I reserved a room at Comfort Suites - 4 of us (two boys 15 & 18) The cost was $265 plus $40 (18 year old) plus taxes - final cost: $340 but still a lot cheaper than approx. $150 per person on RCI!! The boys really have their heart set on Atlantis - I tried the Farmer's code but could not get myself to do it........I'm from Quebec Canada!! how would that work?? We are only going in July 2010 so lot's of time to cancel and rebook. Where do one get codes???

Great info everyone!!! Today I reserved a room at Comfort Suites - 4 of us (two boys 15 & 18) The cost was $265 plus $40 (18 year old) plus taxes - final cost: $340 but still a lot cheaper than approx. $150 per person on RCI!! The boys really have their heart set on Atlantis - I tried the Farmer's code but could not get myself to do it........I'm from Quebec Canada!! how would that work?? We are only going in July 2010 so lot's of time to cancel and rebook. Where do one get codes???

You'll love it! The Comfort Suites is very nice - the staff is great! Enjoy!

We actually used the room since our ship was there overnight. Rooms are very nice too.

Atlantis is a short walk. The desk staff at CS will point you in the right direction. Go in the Atlantis (closest) lobby, turn left down the lobby hall way, then right through what looks like a dining area. Go down the stairs and out the doors to the predator lagoons. Find the towel hut and get your wrist band, then go to the big pool. On Carnival ships, the Shore Excursion/Information area has a mop of the Atlantis resort that is handy.

You'll love it! The Comfort Suites is very nice - the staff is great! Enjoy!

We actually used the room since our ship was there overnight. Rooms are very nice too.

Atlantis is a short walk. The desk staff at CS will point you in the right direction. Go in the Atlantis (closest) lobby, turn left down the lobby hall way, then right through what looks like a dining area. Go down the stairs and out the doors to the predator lagoons. Find the towel hut and get your wrist band, then go to the big pool. On Carnival ships, the Shore Excursion/Information area has a mop of the Atlantis resort that is handy.

Thanks so much for the info - now here's hoping I'll get a better rate at the Comfort Suites - only going in July, so I'll keep checking that and the cruise rates for sure - we're pretty excited to go. Glad I booked it. Could not afford to pay approx. $155 each - that's over $600 for the 4 of us.

I just am posting to confirm that everything went smoothly with our booking with Comfort Suites. We used a travel website that offered the best price we could find, then I called C.S. in Nassau to confirm that they had worked with this site and it was legit. We had no problems at all.

We took towels from the ship and found out that was unnecessary--Atlantis provides towels.

Food was very expensive--I glanced at a menu and saw a ham and cheese sandwich listed for $10.

Around 3pm we went back to the Comfort Suites and took showers to get off all of the sand and then relaxed a little bit before heading back to the ship.

If anyone has a question that I might be able to answer, please let me know.

Carol

Would we be able to take sandwiches off the ship in a cooler bag? Order from room service or the deli?

$10 is alot to pay for a sandwich!

Charleyann

No, you are not allowed to take food off the ship. It's not only against the ships policy, but it's against bahamian customs laws as well.

You CAN take factory sealed snacks like chips, packaged cookies etc and soda/water etc. But not meat, cheese, fruits etc.

• 5 weeks later...

My brother was booked with the Comfort Inn for 4 nights in march.

I just called reservations with the farmers code I found on this thread and his price went down $350. What will happen when he shows up, will they ask him for farmers ID?

Has anyone completed there stay using the farmers code?

Thanks

Lynn

We were there just last week and used the Farmers code, nothing was mentioned about it, we were checked in and on our way to Atlantis in less than 5 minutes, we would certainly do it this way again.

By the way it was on the cool side (but warmer than here in Michigan) and we all had a blast.

We have a 3 yr old and an 1 yr old in our party. Will I need to purchase an armband for them as well. We are going to book Comfort Suites, but didn't know if I needed to mention them in our room reservation. We will have a party of 10 so that will determine if I book 2 or 3 rooms. Thanks

• 1 month later...

I just booked using this code for a weekday in July. Saved about $30 over the AAA rate. Total was $297, although there is the $12.95 per adult and the cleaning fee, so another $45 onto the $297 is $343 total for the room, pretty good considering we were looking at $410 if we bought the day pass directly from Atlantis (3@110 and 1@80). That should cover lunch.

• 2 weeks later...
What ages do the "children" have to be to get the armband once they get to Atlantis?

Not sure what you mean? Are you trying to find out the age limit before the price increases to adult prices?

Generally speaking, Atlantis requires children 4 and over to pay for a day pass. But it's up to the hotel (atlantis Vs comfort suites) as to at what age they charge for kids.

I believe that CS allows 1 additional child in the room (over the 4 person max) if they are under 3 years old.

I had heard sometime back that Atlantis allows only 1 "free" child per paid adult, but I haven't really seen anything mentioned about this lately.

Children 4 and older will be expected to wear a wristband.

I can't believe Comfort Suites is so expensive. It'll be $424.17 for 1 night for 3 adults (check-in 10/1/10 and check-out 10/2/10). Factor in the transportation to and from the ship for all 3 of us, it's not looking like I'm going to save much by getting the passes this way.

Maybe I should take my chance and get a walk-in pass the day the cruise ship gets to Nassau. October isn't peak season, I think my odds would be good of scoring 3 adult passes.

Looking into booking at Comfort Suites to get the Wrist Bands for the Atlantis. We arrive in Nassau at Noon. Will Comfort Suites give us the wristband right away or do we have to wait until 3 pm for the check in time? Are the lines long for the rides? We will probably just be there until 5:00pm and then head back to the ship for dinner. Do you think it is worth the effort to go, 2 adults and 2 kids, 8 and 9 years old?

Archived