Comfort suites / saving $$$

family cruisers

We just booked CS for 04/17 for the one night through choicerewards.com for 25k points. That's a much better price! All we have to pay is the $12.50 adult charge x2 plus housekeeping. :)

Looking into booking at Comfort Suites to get the Wrist Bands for the Atlantis. We arrive in Nassau at Noon. Will Comfort Suites give us the wristband right away or do we have to wait until 3 pm for the check in time? Are the lines long for the rides? We will probably just be there until 5:00pm and then head back to the ship for dinner. Do you think it is worth the effort to go, 2 adults and 2 kids, 8 and 9 years old?

Kids that age will love it. Yes, you can get your cards from CS that will allow you to get wristbands. Aquaventure is only open until around 5:00 p.m. anyway, so no worries.

I have been doing alot of reading through these threads. I'm trying to figure out the best way to go to Atlantis. Here is my dilema. I can't find anything on what to do when there are 2 adults and 3 kids ages 7,11, and 13. I want to book a room at Comfort Suites, but what do I do about purchasing an extra day pass? What if Atlantis isn't selling them? Any help would be really appreciated!!!

I have been doing a lot of reading through these threads. I'm trying to figure out the best way to go to Atlantis. Here is my dilema. I can't find anything on what to do when there are 2 adults and 3 kids ages 7,11, and 13. I want to book a room at Comfort Suites, but what do I do about purchasing an extra day pass? What if Atlantis isn't selling them? Any help would be really appreciated!!!

:rolleyes:You would have to either buy an extra child ticket or an extra room. They only allow 4 passes per room, so I am told.

I have done my research and this is what I have found. Going through the . Comfort Suites is over priced. I do not believe you get anything extra going through them than going through, well for us Carnival. It only cost $125us through Carnival and they provide transpo. Going through Comfort suites the room alone is $265 plus tax and surcharges, double occupancy, then you have to pay 12.50 energy fee pp, then 4.50 pp and 9.50pp. This does not make sense to me. Why not just go through the cruise line and be at peace. This is a vacation not a marathon. Enjoy yourselves. This is me after 2 months of searching and seeking and calling and and and ..... to save you peace of mind take my advice, there is really no way to beat the man. Unless your on off season or a hurricane just left and even then you have to be on the hunt. Enjoy your cruise I hope this helped.

Dazzlin:D

:rolleyes:You would have to either buy an extra child ticket or an extra room. They only allow 4 passes per room, so I am told.

I have done my research and this is what I have found. Going through the . Comfort Suites is over priced. I do not believe you get anything extra going through them than going through, well for us Carnival. It only cost $125us through Carnival and they provide transpo. Going through Comfort suites the room alone is $265 plus tax and surcharges, double occupancy, then you have to pay 12.50 energy fee pp, then 4.50 pp and 9.50pp. This does not make sense to me. Why not just go through the cruise line and be at peace. This is a vacation not a marathon. Enjoy yourselves. This is me after 2 months of searching and seeking and calling and and and ..... to save you peace of mind take my advice, there is really no way to beat the man. Unless your on off season or a hurricane just left and even then you have to be on the hunt. Enjoy your cruise I hope this helped.

Dazzlin:D

Carnival charges only $125? NCL is charging $149!

I also didn't find booking with Comfort to be that much cheaper for the hassle. I'm on the EPIC and will be there Oct 1. That is still hurricane season and, I believe, off peak season , so hopefully, I can snag a ticket by going to Atlantis and getting the day pass.

I'm getting something on their reservation site that says you have to book a minimum 4 nights for the date we are in port. Have they caught on?

I got the same message when I tried to book for April :(

I just tried the farmers code -- It came out to $402 for 2 adults and 2 kids. The "best Available rate started at $413 + taxes, etc. I finally used the military discount for $250 a night -- $310 including taxes, etc. I had hoped that the farmers discount would be in $180's like earlier in the thread. Maybe April is more expensive?! Any advice on how to get the cost lower? So far I have not read any horror stories about the Atlantis passes so I hope this works or I'll have two disappointed boys!

Thanks,

O

Sorry. I just realized I was responding to a page one question on page 5. Anyway, for whoever cares, this is another answer to HelloKitty49 on why to book a room for the day:

Depending on the time of year, there are at least two reasons to book a "day room".

First, guests at the Atlantis Properties (which own the Comfort Suites) get priority over day pass purchasers (ie: from the cruise ships). During peak times, you may not be able to access Atlantis without being a guest at one of their resort properties.

The 2nd primary reason is price. It can cost $120 per adult and $80 per kid to go to Atlantis (makes Disney World look CHEAP!). Depending on your party size, and the cost of the room, you can save between $50 and $100 on access.

Now, $50 may not seem like a lot of savings for the average family of 4, but when you consider that you also get your own private room to change and rest in, that savings becomes a blessing.

Many folks choose not to do Atlantis precisely because of the cost. There are other beach-hotels to choose from for a lower cost, albeit without the fabulous water park and aquarium and other mega resort facilities. When you look at what you can get at Breezes for $60 vs what you get at Atlantis for double that, you start looking at the latter more closely.

Another popular alternative is to get access to the aquarium. It's only about $60 and I hear that you can sometimes get to the beach with that access (but NOT to the water park). Someone else please enlighten me on that.

I just booked a room for this upcoming June last night. Got the Farmers discount. The room was $212 + taxes and additional fees. I am expecting around $300 total. When looking on their website, it really does depend on when you are going. During spring break time they will most likely require a minimum stay. Still cheaper than booking through the cruise ship, plus you don't have to wait for everyone else to head over there. I was planning on just going to Atlantis when we arrived and get day passes even though it was cheaper than booking a room, however, I checked and there are 5 cruise ships expected the day we are there, so I was worried we may not get a day pass. I know there are many other places to see in there, but my kids have dreamt of going to Atlantis for years so there is no way I am going to miss it.

I just booked a room for this upcoming June last night. Got the Farmers discount. The room was $212 + taxes and additional fees. I am expecting around $300 total. When looking on their website, it really does depend on when you are going. During spring break time they will most likely require a minimum stay. Still cheaper than booking through the cruise ship, plus you don't have to wait for everyone else to head over there. I was planning on just going to Atlantis when we arrived and get day passes even though it was cheaper than booking a room, however, I checked and there are 5 cruise ships expected the day we are there, so I was worried we may not get a day pass. I know there are many other places to see in there, but my kids have dreamt of going to Atlantis for years so there is no way I am going to miss it.

What is the code for Farmer's discount? I've got a room booked for July - $340 tx included for 3 adults and 1 child (14 & 18 year old sons). Thanks.

farmers code = 00800590:)

thanks! something is strange though - I reserved a room back in November for July 2010 and the room was $305 (3 adults, 1 child) plus $36 tax= $341 (and I have the hotel confirmation number for this). The Farmers code comes in at $252 for the room BUT $76 in tax = $328 - what's up with the tax? Awhile back I also tried using my CAA code - again, a better deal on the room but more in taxes....I don't think I will change my reservation but I'm hoping the hotel will honor their confirmation and not add more taxe once we are there?

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a great cruise. The Comfort Suites worked like a charm. We got off the ship, found a taxi and headed to Atlantis. When we got there I asked the driver to take us to CS and he did with no problem. The front desk must be so used to cruisers booking rooms that they checked us in, gave us a temp key and told us how to get to the Aquapark. When we got to Atlantis they gave us our towels and braclets and we were off to a good time. Thanks guys for the tips on saving money. My final cost was $320 still a $100+ savings over buying from Carnival. Plus they oversold excursions on the ship. A family sharing our cab was going over to Atlantis to try to get day passes because they could get any from the ship. I used a military discount and they didn't ask for my ID (even though I had it).

Check in time for the CS is 3:00 PM. I am assuming you can get access to Atlantis earlier than that??? Anyone know for sure?

Yes... you can check in and use the water park right away. You do not have to wait for 3pm. I checked in and out at the same time (around 10) and then spent the day at the Atlantis.

At what point do you enter the Farmer's discount code? What rate do you select when you're booking?

I selected the Special Rate/Corporate ID to enter the discount code and it shows up Alabamba Farmers Federation, is that a home insurance company?

I got the same message when I tried to book for April :(

You have to book pretty far in advance for a single night. It seems like they start requiring multiple nights 3-6 months out depending on the season. For spring break, I booked my single night almost a year in advance.

I love this thread!!! We are going on Oasis in a few weeks, and were saving up to do the Aquaventure, so today I finally went to book it and it's sold out!! I got all the info I need, just used the Farmer's code and got the room for 4 of us for $415. So far we're just about $104/person instead of $145, then our cab ride, and the charge for energy and maids. Thank you everyone!! We can't wait to see this place!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone who posted on this thread! My family and I are leaving on the Pride on May 16th and just realized that the Atlantis excursion was full so I booked a night a the Comfort Inn.

Note: you can no longer book 1 night through the hotel you will need to log onto www.choicehotels.com. My rate, using the farmers code, came to $238. This is for 2 Adults, and 1 child (15yr old). With taxes my total is $297.68.

We wouldnt be able to enjoy Atlantis if it weren't for this thread. Thanks again!!

We will be in Nassau in June on the Fantasy and we're planning to visit Atlantis (this will be our second time at Atlantis). My DIL just found out she's pregnant so just wondering if anyone knows if there is a pass for Atlantis if you're NOT using the Waterpark but want to use the pools (looking to save some money now for sure!).

We will be in Nassau in June on the Fantasy and we're planning to visit Atlantis (this will be our second time at Atlantis). My DIL just found out she's pregnant so just wondering if anyone knows if there is a pass for Atlantis if you're NOT using the Waterpark but want to use the pools (looking to save some money now for sure!).

Sorry there is no pool pass at Atlantis. there's a Beach pass for $65, but it does not include the pools.

I have another question about CS and the use of the aquapark which I don't seem to be able to find an answer for. We are a party of 5(4 adults and 1 two year old). Since the day pass for the aquapark is free for children under 4, can I just book one room at the Comfort Suites for 4 adults? I don't see why I need to make a reservation for my two year old since she should be free to get in anyway.

Just wondering if anyone have any experience with this. Thanks in advance

I have another question about CS and the use of the aquapark which I don't seem to be able to find an answer for. We are a party of 5(4 adults and 1 two year old). Since the day pass for the aquapark is free for children under 4, can I just book one room at the Comfort Suites for 4 adults? I don't see why I need to make a reservation for my two year old since she should be free to get in anyway.

Just wondering if anyone have any experience with this. Thanks in advance

You are correct, if you are not useing the room, then your child is free.

If you plan on using the room, they may be sticklers .. the fire law says 4 to a room. So check in and check out at the same time and you shouldn't have a problem.

Thank you to everyone who posted on this thread! My family and I are leaving on the Pride on May 16th and just realized that the Atlantis excursion was full so I booked a night a the Comfort Inn.

Note: you can no longer book 1 night through the hotel you will need to log onto www.choicehotels.com. My rate, using the farmers code, came to $238. This is for 2 Adults, and 1 child (15yr old). With taxes my total is $297.68.

We wouldnt be able to enjoy Atlantis if it weren't for this thread. Thanks again!!

Just wanted to mention that this is the same rate we got for our July cruise. The taxes you mention don't include the energy surcharge of $12.95 per adult, and $5 cleaning fee per person, they charge these things at checkin (they are mentioned on the website in a different area than the rate you mention, i recall seeing it in red somewhere). Just didn't want you to be surprised when you get there and they tack this stuff on (my total comes to $343). It's still a better rate than booking with the cruiseline or paying for the wristbands directly at Atlantis.

Archived