How bad is deck two??

waterbugohio

:):):):):D

Checked again (tredipitiously) with DH just now and he agrees to go. Why, I asked? "Because I can't think of a reason not to,"says he. "That's what I said", says I. So calling the TA later this am...:p.

I had forwarded him someone's copies of the entire 5 day Cruise Compass and a CC thread with the entire 5 day menu, but doubt those were the deciding factors.

Temple - sorry, I should have said, no one lately has been giving advice. You're right, there had been helpful feedback earlier in the thread.

I will advise on the forward deck 3 cabins after the cruise. Neither of us have ever had a problem with motion; I have noticed it more in the showrooms but part of that might be the effect of the huge space without close visual references.

My parents cruised for years starting in the 70's (Dad started with free chaplain gigs) and Mom commented on how they always got the worst cabins way up high!

Good luck, Waterbug!

We did our first every cruise last November and like so many others, I got addicted.

Well, now I am trying to talk hubby into the same cruise again this November. I am having a little trouble, but now I found some really great prices on oceanview guarantee. Are these usually on the lower decks. Last year we had a D1 balcony and I am afraid I am spoiled. But a smaller lower deck cabin would be better than staying home.

Also, will I feel more motion in a lower deck??

For a port intensive cruise or a Caribbean cruise an inside cabin is the best value out there. You get everything that everyone else gets for a lot less money. The sea views are available all over the ship for free. The cabin is ideal for sleeping as it is very dark and quiet. Don't get me wrong a balcony is nice, too, but when there is a huge difference in cost, or you are on a cruise that doesn't have a lot of time at sea, I will pick the inside cabin each and every time. I have not stayed on deck 2 on RCI, deck 3 was the lowest I have been, but I stayed on deck two on HAL, it was great for coming and going when in port as it was usually the level the port access was on. So, no elevator or stairs to get on or off the ship in port.

jc

we are on deck 2 for the first time in on any cruise and I was worried too. Reading this thread has helped. We will be seeing 4 ports right in a row w/ sea day so on either end. My question is, where do we disembark on port days on LOS? We will have to go up in order to come down? Getting back on is not big deal.

Tabby,

Great news for you!!! I also got the go ahead this AM. He told me to check flights and when i called him, he just asked "so did you book?" I hadn't at that point, but that was the fastest I ever called my TA.

So far we just booked the flights. I keep checking the site for the cabins, and there seems to be several on both decks. We are still looking at either 2014 or 3596. We will wait and decide tonight when hubby gets home and we really have a chance to check them out and compare all the prices. I am starting to get used to the lower decks and really appreciate all the advice given on here. I like the idea of being close to the exit when coming and going from the ports. We only have one sea day that we would spend the day up at the pool, so that is actually ok.

Can someone tell me how far up I have to go to get outside access?? I love taking photos when pulling into ports and can't remember where to go. We just stayed on the balcony the last time.

This thread has put my mind at ease, so thanks! We have an OV on deck 2 on the Enchantment in a few weeks. We're mid-ship, close to the elevators. A person in my party is prone to motion sickness, so we decided to book a low level. We won't be spending a lot of time in our rooms, so with the money we saved, we can buy more fruity drinks. :)

Usually the lowest outside deck access is the lifeboat deck where you go for Muster drill. Off the top of my head I can't remember if it is deck 5 or not. It could be 4... damn one of those little details you know when on the ship, but forget when you are off.

Cruisegal, most ports you get off on deck two or 3... it depends on the pier and the equipment there. You generally enter the ship at a much higher level at embarkation.

jc

Archived