Does HAL allow you to their towels from the ship to use on shore excursions?

scomar

We've never been asked for a cabin number, and a couple of times on Half Moon Cay we took an extra one with nobody caring (we do a lot of water stuff there).

And, for the OP, just to clarify, HAL provides towels specifically for going ashore, usually colored, but doesn't want you to take the white towels from your cabin.

Dave

I think they "recycle" the older towels out of the cabins and dye them so they don't get confused. I recall being asked our cabin number several years ago when taking beach towels off the ship but haven't been asked when we've done it on our last couple of cruises. I might be mistaken but I think I remember actually getting or seeing a notice asking passengers not to take cabin towels off the ship.

Yes HAL have towels at the gangway as you leaving the ships at the ports. I've never had to give my cabin number when receiving a towel. I often bring my own on sailings when stopping places like Half Moon Cay, the guys passing the towels out will double check to see if I need a towel.

When you return to the ship, all you have to do is place them in a dirty towel barrel.

The same goes at the pool area on the ships.

I don't like where other lines are so nick picky about the beach towels. I know on Carnival a few years back that I never used the beach towel in my cabin. On the last day, I had a charge for a towel. When I asked what it was, they told me I took a towel on shore and failed to return it. I went to my cabin and brought the towel that was still in the white middle wrapping to the desk to prove the towel was never used.

I so glad that HAL is not like this!!

----------------

Now playing: Marc Antoine - Mediterraneo

via FoxyTunes

We somtimes had to give our cabin numbers when taking towels and they did not always check the back in again, so I am not sure what the purpose is.

We have had to give a cabin number when taking towels a couple of times ... but not when bringing them back. Maybe they just want us to think we will be charged if we don't return them.

We were on the Noordam sailing the Eastern Mediterranean last month. It was such a pleasure that towels were readily available to take both by the pool and leaving the ship for ports.

I compare this very favorably to Royal Caribbean and their "towel police".

Archived