Luckysll

Which cruise would you be interested in  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise would you be interested in

• Spirit 8 day - Nov. 12/2010
    • Spirit 8 day - Nov. 28/2010
    • Splendor 7 day - Nov. 14/2010
    • Splendor 7 day - Nov. 28/2010

Looks like the Nov. 28 Spirit cruise has pulled out in front by one vote.

Anyone else out there who would like to join us for this group cruise? If this is the cruise that's chosen, then it's a wonderful 8 day adventure.

I love the port of Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa. It has such a quaint, tranquill feel to it. And Acapulco really surprised me the first time I was there. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I enjoyed the city very much. Saw the cliff divers and would like to see them dive at night next time.

Looks like the Nov. 28 Spirit cruise has pulled out in front by one vote.

Anyone else out there who would like to join us for this group cruise? If this is the cruise that's chosen, then it's a wonderful 8 day adventure.

I love the port of Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa. It has such a quaint, tranquill feel to it. And Acapulco really surprised me the first time I was there. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I enjoyed the city very much. Saw the cliff divers and would like to see them dive at night next time.

What did you do in the other 2 ports?

What did you do in the other 2 ports?

I didn't get off the ship in Manzanillo either of the times I was there on the Spirit. The pier was in the industrial area and there isn't anything within walking distance. But, when I stopped there on the Pride (when she repositioned to the East Coast), our group had a private tour booked that took us to Colima and Komala. I thought the town of Colima was very pretty. I think next time, I'll take the shuttle into the main part of Manzanillo and wander around.

In Acapulco, the first time, I took a City tour and saw the cliff divers. The second time, I debated about seeing the cliff divers at night, but opted to stay on the ship because it was a little to hot and humid that day for me.

In Zihua, both times, I just took the tender into the port and wandered around, had lunch at a restaurant along the beach, did a bit of souvenir shopping and then sat and people-watched.

I have some mobility problems due to a bad knee, so I tend to do either ship sponsored city tour excursions or just wander around on my own as much as my knee will allow and then go back to the ship. Would love to do some more "adventurous" excursions, but just don't have the stamina for them.

Good morning Sandy:

If the arrangements are the same as those you were able to arrange for the Miracle Maniacs (low deposit) - you can probably count Cindy and I in. We had this cruise booked for this December but backed out due to a minor dispute with Carnival.

Jerry and Cindy:)

Good morning Sandy:

If the arrangements are the same as those you were able to arrange for the Miracle Maniacs (low deposit) - you can probably count Cindy and I in. We had this cruise booked for this December but backed out due to a minor dispute with Carnival.

Jerry and Cindy:)

It would be great to cruise with you again. I will certainly do my best to get the reduced deposit. I think it is available for all groups, although that isn't well advertised by Carnival.

Which of the four possible cruises were you interested in, or were any of them okay? It looks like the Spirit Nov. 28 is most popular, which is fine by me.

We've got a close race going on here......:D

The Nov. 12th Spirit cruise has edged out the Nov. 28th date by one vote! And the Splendor is still in the race with 6 votes.

C'mon....wouldn't you love to cruise to Mexico and bring back a giant sombrero as a Christmas present for your Great Aunt Mabel??? :D

They're neck and neck now.....Nov. 12th and Nov. 28th on the Spirit!

We need some more votes so I don't have to be the tie breaker.....:D

And for those of you who may be considering this cruise, here's a couple of pictures to consider:

Acapulco:

Acapulco6.jpg?t=1253375797

Zihautanejo:

beachinZihua.jpg?t=1253375833

Well, looks like the Nov. 28th Spirit sailing has taken over the lead again.

I think I'll give this a couple more days and then contact Laura about this becoming an official group.

I'm sure there are lots more people out there who would love to come along for a fun cruise on the Carnival Spirit, November 28, 2010.

Well, looks like the Nov. 28th Spirit sailing has taken over the lead again.

I think I'll give this a couple more days and then contact Laura about this becoming an official group.

I'm sure there are lots more people out there who would love to come along for a fun cruise on the Carnival Spirit, November 28, 2010.

Great! I'm sure you're right!

Looks like the 8 days are neck and neck again! If we don't get some more votes you're going to have to do a tie breaker Sandy.

Looks like it.

Jsmac3 can't do the Nov. 28th date now, so that sort of puts Nov. 12th out ahead. Just means we'd shorten the wait time for the cruise by two weeks. :D

Just curious...for these "group" cruises, does Carnival give a special rate? How does cabin selection work?

The rate for the group cruises is through the Cruisecritic Travel Agent and generally, the group rates are cheaper than regular rates (with the exception of the Early Saver rate).

For group cruises, there is often a reduced deposit allowed of $25 per person for double occupancy cabins. This would be for a guaranteed cabin (often in either an inside or balcony category). If you want to choose your cabin at the time you book, you pay the full deposit as normal. If you pay the reduced deposit, you make a second payment later to make up the balance of the deposit and at that time you can either remain as a guaranteed cabin or choose your specific cabin.

The group cruises have perks that can include things like an onboard credit, a private cocktail party, and Cruisecritic logo items.

I've sent off an email to Laura to get approval for this cruise to be an official group cruise. Will let you know when I hear back from her.

Since there were 9 people voting for the Nov. 12/10 Spirit cruise, that is the date I'm going with. Hopefully, all 9 people who voted will book it once it becomes official, but I'm sure we'll get others joining in.

It's funny that I will be doing this cruise for a third time, because Mexico was never high on my list of places to visit, but once I did that first MR cruise, I was hooked. I could never get bored of doing this cruise (at least I'm pretty sure I never could :D).

Anyone interested in a group cruise to the Mexican Riviera in Nov. 2010?

I’ve done the Spirit 8-day twice and would love to try the Splendor to the other MR ports, but if there are more people interested in the 8-day out of San Diego, I’d do it again.

I’m looking at either the week before or the week after November 25 (American Thanksgiving). The available dates are:

Nov. 12 – Spirit 8 day (San Diego)

Nov. 14 – Splendor 7 day (Los Angeles)

Nov. 28 – Spirit 8 day

Nov. 28 – Splendor 7 day

Itineraries are:

Spirit – Acapulco; Zihautanejo/Ixtapa; Manzanillo

Splendor – Puerto Vallarta; Mazatlan; Cabo San Lucas

Who wants to join me? Maybe this can be an early Christmas present.

You can count me in, I have been wanting to do the 8-day cruise. I am going on the Splendor in January and the Paradise in May.

You can count me in, I have been wanting to do the 8-day cruise. I am going on the Splendor in January and the Paradise in May.

Hi and welcome to our group.

I'm hoping it won't take too long to hear from Laura. When I organized the B2B on the Miracle, it was right around the time Laura was away on the Splendor (the infamous one that went to San Francisco instead of Mexico), and she missed my first email, so it took a while longer to get the approval.

There are already two official group cruises for next November, but since they are both Caribbean cruises, I don't imagine there will be any problem with ours.

Will keep everyone posted.

No word yet from Laura, but it's only been a couple of days. I'll give it a few more (maybe until Monday) and then send a follow-up email. I know it can take her awhile, but I don't want to wait too long.

I'd like to get this one up and running so we can book and officially have another cruise to look forward to. :D Love adding cruises to my signature.

Looks like we've had a couple more votes, which is good, because it means people are interested in the MR.

Did anyone see the thread where someone said they'd heard the new Magic would be coming to San Diego? That would be really nice although I'm not sure Carnival would put two new ships on the West Coast. I'm really looking forward to doing a cruise on the Magic so it would be much better for me if it was in San Diego.

I asked on the Mexican Riviera boards if anyone knew whether or not the dock in Manzanillo had changed. Last I heard, there was supposed to be a new dock being built that would be closer to town. Right now, the ship docks in an industrial warehouse area and there is nothing close by. Didn't get any response, so I guess we'll just have to wait until next Novermber to find out. :D

Archived