To cabin #7434 door slammers on Sep 6 2009 Freedom

Scrappytraveller

I hope you safely got back to the rock you must live under and were welcomed home by your lousy hick parents who never taught you any manners at all. Thanks so much for ruining our every attempt at enjoying our balcony with your CONSTANT balcony door slamming. You must have incontinence problems to require going IN & OUT & IN & OUT & IN & OUT all day long. Guess it's just simply too hard to hold a door handle for 5 seconds.

Or maybe you were just trying to outdo the rest of the inconsiderate door slammers that littered deck 7 aft on the Freedom last week. It was especially lovely to hear before 7:00am.

Tough cruise, eh?

Seriously, I do feel for you. I am glad it wasn't me. I am always up by 06:00 on a cruise, however Mrs. B is not. And if it were her awakened by such rudeness, I would have suffered for hours. :D

Ya gotta wonder about inconsiderate people like these.

I hope you safely got back to the rock you must live under and were welcomed home by your lousy hick parents who never taught you any manners at all. Thanks so much for ruining our every attempt at enjoying our balcony with your CONSTANT balcony door slamming. You must have incontinence problems to require going IN & OUT & IN & OUT & IN & OUT all day long. Guess it's just simply too hard to hold a door handle for 5 seconds.

Or maybe you were just trying to outdo the rest of the inconsiderate door slammers that littered deck 7 aft on the Freedom last week. It was especially lovely to hear before 7:00am.

Did you say anything to them?

We had the same problem on the Splendor -- guests on both sides of our cabin were big time door slammers -- I made sure I always said loudly enough for them to clearly here -- "Jeez! Do you have to slam your door!! -- and they apologized, but said it "Wasn't their fault"

Why Carnival chose balcony doors that swing open instead of slide open, I don't know -- but that choice is at the root of this problem.

I probably would have left a note on their door about how rude and inconsiderate they are. I know on our Hawaii trip the balcony next door smoked a very heavy pipe so I said kind of loud how horrible that is for someone who doesn't smoke. But I know he's allowed to so I really don't have a leg to stand on but I think after I said it - it got worse. So since I couldn't leave my door open anymore because of the smell I left the deck light on all night long - hope he slept well.

Ok I'm gonna play devils advocate here and say, well the doors are heavy and automatically swing shut LOUDLY, people aren't slamming them, they are just letting them shut on their own accord.

I always hold the handle so it doesn't shut so hard, but if there were kids or people with hearing difficulties next to you they probably didn't notice.

I am pretty much deaf without my ears in (have a cochlear implant) and my son just recently shared with my husband that I was always mad when he was living at home temporally after mass lay offs at HP :-(

My husband asked why he thought I was mad and he said "she was always slamming the cupboards" ,my husband laughed so hard, he said "Shawn she wasn't mad, she can't hear and didn't know they were shutting hard, she doesn't wear her ears when she's alone" LOL

So I guess what we would have done was ask politely if they would not let the door shut or even suggest that they put the door stopper in the frame to keep it from shutting.

Never know, they might just not have realized..............just saying...........

Cheers, Carole

You are glad you don't spend money on a balcony because of the posts on here:confused:

No, I'm glad I don't spend money on a balcony because it would be wasted on me. I'm even more glad because it sounds like all the rude and passive-aggressive types would be my neighbors if I did.

Sorry it ruined your cruise. Balcony rooms are way too stressful, IMO. I had one extended balcony cabin on the Carnival Miracle, and decided that OV is not only cheaper, but much better because you don't have to deal with obnoxious people, balcony door slamming, or upwind smokers. Plus, you usually get more interior space.

Last year on our Splendor cruise the lady next door knocked on our door and said she had a headache and could I stop slamming the balcony door. Since I was getting ready for dinner I had not been on the balcony. The only time I let the door slam was when she was out there on her cell phone, we were docked in San Juan, and I wanted her to know someone was there listening to her conversation. She talked loudly, about personal stuff for a good 30 minutes. Of course they left their balcony lights on all night, which made it difficult to sit out there and watch the ocean roll by. Another case of someone who thought I should be considerate of her but she was certainly not considerate to anyone else.

I do agree that the doors close loudly and cannot understand why someone would be going in and out all the time. Unless there were a lot of people and they were having a cabin party.

Wow! That's even a first for me:p Can't say I ever heard that before.......

Well, a selective culling of the vocal 1% of CCL cruisers who post about their balcony experiences here could lead one to believe the following:

-All your neighbors will make it point of closing doors only by slamming them

-CCL leaves you nastygrams if you sleep with the door open and thus reducing the aerodynamic properties of the ship

-All your neighbors will have wild, crazy "adult relations" while drinking heavily on their balconies

-Your neighbors will also humor you with really loud conversations of a personal nature

-If you look at your neighbor the wrong way, they will retaliate by acting like Motel 6 (and leave the light on for you)

Thank God this is only 1% of the cruising community. I'd hate to read the horror stories the other 99% have encountered. :p

Wow! That's even a first for me:p Can't say I ever heard that before.......

LOL! I'm sure you have, just not in so many words. I've seen plenty of complaints about balcony neighbors who "completely ruined" someone's cruise because they: were loud, were smoking [cigarettes, cigars, joints, pipes, hookahs, etc.], kept screaming at their kids, attempted to spit a misguided loogie over the rail, kept their lights on, etc.

So not worth it for me. :p

Archived