Mex Riv 5 day w/balcony or 7 day without?

lovestheH20

We are trying to choose between 2 cruises to Mexico: A 7-night cruise aboard the Sapphire Princess leaving from LA going to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo with an outside room, or a 5-night cruise also leaving from LA aboard the RC Radiance of the Seas going to Ensenada and Cabo with a balcony.

My question is how important is a balcony on this particular cruise? Would it be worth it to forgo the balcony and go for the longer cruise and more ports?

Thanks for any and all advice. We have been to Alaska with a balcony and adored it - so it is hard to give it up - but we are willing!

Go for the 7 day, I'm sure you'll be fine without a balcony, back in the good old days ships never had balconies. ;)

The ports on the 7 day are much better, Puerto Vallarta is beautiful, Mazatlan is interesting, Cabo is fun, but on the 5 day you only get Cabo. Ensenada isn't even worth getting off the ship for.

It really is a personal decision. Some people make a lot of use of the balcony or just like to open up the slider to let fresh air in. Others don't care.

There is no right or wrong.

Just what you prefer.

If this was me, and dollars were the issue, I would go with a seven vs. five day cruise anytime. But that is me.

Keith

Archived