sunglass on towel animals

cigars-N-rum

i know this is a pitty thing but it always bugs me a little. If i leave my sunglesses laying about in my room some time the room attendant put them on the towel animal. This alway bugs me a little bit. I am pretty O.C.D. when it comes to my shades. Dont get me wrong i dont get all worked up about it and it does not effect how i tip the person or any thing. Does this bug any one els

i know this is a pitty thing but it always bugs me a little. If i leave my sunglesses laying about in my room some time the room attendant put them on the towel animal. This alway bugs me a little bit. I am pretty O.C.D. when it comes to my shades. Dont get me wrong i dont get all worked up about it and it does not effect how i tip the person or any thing. Does this bug any one els

For someone who does not get worked up about it, you sure sound worked up. Most things that don't bug me I would not spend the time worrying about.

Have you tried, "Please don't put my sunglasses on the towel animals"?

Well, it's hard, or awkward to say the least. :rolleyes:

OP, yes it bothers me too but I let it slide. As stated above, we certainly could put our things away in drawers and then if they still found their way to the towel animals, we'd have something to say about it. However, we choose our battles and this isn't one of them. :)

Not something I would bother about and my sunglasses have prescription varifocal lenses and cost over £400 which is a lot of money. Not like I can just get another pair in port if they get damaged. For those reasons I keep them in a case when not being worn - I swap normal glasses for sunglasses and vice versa all day.

I have had a room steward that actually went into my drawers and used personal items for his "creations". It creeped me out and he did it again after I asked him not to...... I eventually went to a higher authority to complain and it stopped.

Maybe one reason why I don't like towel animals.

Something as petty as that, no, it doesn't bother me in the least. If you're worried about overly priced expensive sunglasses being used on towel animals, then I would advise you to either put them away somewhere safe or take them with you. I for one don't spend anymore then $15-20 on sunglasses because they usually end up in the bottom of my purse or lost anyway... I guess I don't understand why people splurge on sunglasses...

What about them being used on a towel animal bothers you? I don't really get it...

I have had a room steward that actually went into my drawers and used personal items for his "creations". It creeped me out and he did it again after I asked him not to...... I eventually went to a higher authority to complain and it stopped.

Ok, now YES, that would bother me. If I have put something away in a drawer I too would be a little bothered that they went through the drawer to get it out. Now if it's sitting in plain site and it's only a pair of sunglasses it wouldn't bother me.

Nope, not bothered in the least. If there was something we didn't wish our room stewart to see or touch we'd put it out of sight. As others have said, pretty easy fix;) Guess its a good thing you didn't sail years ago when it was common for them to use articles of clothing to dress up the towel animals!;)

Maybe one reason why I don't like towel animals.

Personally I like the sunglasses on the animals thing, BUT if the steward went into a drawer and took out ANYTHING I would be onto the security officer so fast it would make your head spin.

There is NO circumstance where it is Okay for a steward to open one of your drawers or cases or anything else in the cabiin.

Last year our steward put my headphones on the "elephant" - it was pretty clever. My prescription sunglasses were in the safe. The headphones were on top of the dresser.

I've never had a steward pull things out from in a drawer for their creation. That might irritate me...depending on what it was. :eek:

I guess I don't understand why people splurge on sunglasses... quote]

Because I cannot see without them.:rolleyes: Can't do contacts.

But then again I splurged on Transitions lenses. They hardly ever are off my face.

But if you are talking about regular/non-corrective glasses then it is the same reason people splurge on a $150 purse when a $20 purse will do just fine.

ETA- you can always get a cheap pair for the room steward to use.

Archived