More Captain's Club perks to come in 09

takemewithyou

The Captain's Club changes that have been announced earlier this year are great! I am excited to see what else is planned.....haven't seen any hints here.

Does anyone have any information about when the rest may be announced or what might be coming? Maybe some one who has travelled recently on a ship that heard any announcements about what else is to come? :)

The Captain's Club changes that have been announced earlier this year are great! I am excited to see what else is planned.....haven't seen any hints here.

Does anyone have any information about when the rest may be announced or what might be coming? Maybe some one who has travelled recently on a ship that heard any announcements about what else is to come? :)

Hi Takemewithyou !

I do not have any specific dates, or what might be coming, but Celebrity has stated in various places, that there is more to come. I'm hopeful we may see some new items in 2009.

As you said, perhaps those who have sailed recently, can share some information of what they are hearing onboard, though it's very possible that may not be what eventually happens.

I agree that Celebrity is off to a great start with the New Benefits. Hopefully, Celebrity will have more to share with us soon. Stay Tuned !

Hi:), I tried to find out what other perks are coming when I was

on Mercury last week but had absolutely no luck:eek:

Miami is either 1) not telling the folks who work on the ships yet

2) haven't finished deciding what the perks are yet

3) finished them and put a QT on all of it for the moment

Some or all of the above;)

I hope there will be something new when we board Equinox in December!

Hi Mferranti !

I know how you feel. I am sailing on Constellation in Early November. I'm hoping that we will see some new Captains Club items. Even if they arent "official" by then, perhaps our sailing will be one where they try some new ideas out. We will see what happens.

Hi Lois !

I believe it could be any of the above... though I am leaning towards #1 & #2 as the possibilities. That's strictly my opinion though.

I'm wondering if they are going to test some of the new items onboard (like they did last time) before any final decisions are made.

Hi Lois !

I believe it could be any of the above... though I am leaning towards #1 & #2 as the possibilities. That's strictly my opinion though.

I'm wondering if they are going to test some of the new items onboard (like they did last time) before any final decisions are made.

Hi Andy:D:) I am thinking 1 and 2 also!

Hope your family is doing well:)...Happy New Year to you.

Thanks for posting that you tried and didn't find out anything. Maybe they will trial some new items on our Millie cruise - may be too soon, though- end of the month.

Hi Andy:D:) I am thinking 1 and 2 also!

Hope your family is doing well:)...Happy New Year to you.

Hi Lois !

Thank you for your well wishes. Happy New Year to you and your Family !

Hi Mferranti !

I know how you feel. I am sailing on Constellation in Early November. I'm hoping that we will see some new Captains Club items. Even if they arent "official" by then, perhaps our sailing will be one where they try some new ideas out. We will see what happens.

Andy, we are at the end of November on the Millennium. We are hoping they are in place by then but if not we will just have to take another cruise to check out the new added benefits.

In July (while on Infinity), I had the opportunity to speak with Captain's Club hostess, and she said that there could possibly be a new tier for Elites. She said it might be called "Apex". She said she didn't know this for sure, but the rumors flying around had that name attached to that tier.

I agree that the direction Celebrity has taken in improving the loyalty perks is great news and welcomed by most repeat cruisers.

I believe that Celebrity is planning to announce a new loyalty level similar to Diamond Plus on RCL and a number of perks that will be superior to those on other cruise lines. Having waited so long for the perks already announced I'm hoping for an imminent press release since we're cruising in two weeks. However it would not surprise me if we had to wait until 2010 for more news.

It is my belief that the purpose of the new level, and the associated perks, will be to make people truly envious of those who have already achieved the status of Elite Plus ( or whatever code they may be using) and that cruisers will strive to join the group by being more faithful to X. (which is of course the purpose of any loyalty program).

My greatest desire would include a private, free parking zone for die-hard fans in my favorite port.

Well, that would be wonderful if Celebrity made their loyalty program even better. We only have 17 cruise credits - it will be 19 after our October cruise, so still a way to go for the next level.

The envy of many! It's rough planning more cruises to make life at sea even more luxurious.:D

Arno, enjoy your cruise to Canada. We came thiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss close to booking your cruise but opted for Mercury B2B in December. But we are promising ourselves to do Cananda next year. Let me know how the weather is up there this late in the year. (Of course, you already know that. Silly me. Regards to Joanne.

Arno, enjoy your cruise to Canada. We came thiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss close to booking your cruise but opted for Mercury B2B in December. But we are promising ourselves to do Cananda next year. Let me know how the weather is up there this late in the year. (Of course, you already know that. Silly me. Regards to Joanne.

The temperature here in southern Ontario (near Detroit might get down to 40 F tonight.

Pack a coat and don't worry about the temperatures. It's a great trip along the coast.

The cruise will be much warmer than the first and last leg of your Mercury cruises.

I'll take any bene's 'X' is willing to provide, but right now, I'm just looking forward to enjoying the existing Elite rewards.

If 'X' provided more rewards, think of all the new threads we'll be able to join that complain about how whatever the program is doesn't meet someone's specific wants and how it all should be changed just for them. Just love'm.

I'm at 18 after my Nov B2B's so that is where the new level should be, and if not, boy will I complain! We'll call in the 'Denny Level' and add rewards such as anyone named 'Denny'who pays for an inside cabin gets upgraded to the Penthouse Suite, All short balding guys named 'Denny' get a reward of $2.00 added to their card (don't want to be greedy) anytime they order a drink (which are free).

Would be interesting to see who many people are at what level: greater than 30, or 30-25, etc. That type thing. Maybe Xellent or Bridge Maven who has set up a number of good Polls will do one that indicates how many of us are in different levels of Points? Aren't I a great guy asking others to do all the work??

Denny

Would be interesting to see who many people are at what level: greater than 30, or 30-25, etc. That type thing. Maybe Xellent or Bridge Maven who has set up a number of good Polls will do one that indicates how many of us are in different levels of Points? Aren't I a great guy asking others to do all the work??

Denny

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=21303509#post21303509

this could be tweeked for a more "accurate" guestimate

If 'X' provided more rewards, think of all the new threads we'll be able to join that complain about how whatever the program is doesn't meet someone's specific wants and how it all should be changed just for them. Just love'm.Denny

That's right! In fact I am making a list now of what I can gripe about, if they ever do come out with more perks.:cool:

you all are a trip. I will be so happy to get to 10 after my Alaska cruise. then i can get a few free minutes of computer time and some clothes washed, which would be nice in Alaska. someone said 18 credits- sounds like a winner to me.

Archived