Can I request waiters?

mickym

We sailed on RCI Radiance three years ago in Alaska. This Jan we will be on her again in Mexico. I don't know if the same staff usually stays with the same ship?? If they do is it possible to request the same waiters we had three years ago? We really enjoyed our wait staff and it would be a real treat to have them again.

Of course there is no harm in asking, the same servers can do more than one contract on a ship. We've met staff and crew onboard ships that have been on for several years (of course, with breaks!).

But, they do shift around and the same team will rarely be together. On our last cruise our waiter told us he had a different assistant on every cruise and usually changed stations every cruise. Also, they do shift into the Windjammer at times.

So...enjoy your new team of servers and hopefully you will meet others who are just as friendly and competent as the others :)

We sailed on RCI Radiance three years ago in Alaska. This Jan we will be on her again in Mexico. I don't know if the same staff usually stays with the same ship?? If they do is it possible to request the same waiters we had three years ago? We really enjoyed our wait staff and it would be a real treat to have them again.

My friend and I sailed on Carnival Valor two years in a row. We just LOVED out waiter the first year - he remains my all-time favorite staff member on any cruise I've taken! We requested his section in the MDR when we made our reservation. When we boarded the ship, we confirmed he was still on the ship. Remarkable timing - it was his LAST week before disembarking for leave. We discovered we'd NOT been assigned to his section, so we went to see the maitre D. Long story short, they said they could not move us to his section. Best they could do was let us sit in his section ONE night during the cruise when they expected the MDR to be less full. They put us at a small two-top that night.

I'm not sure why it was such a big deal to get seated in his section. There were only two of us and we'd have even been willing to switch seatings.

I hope you have better luck, but don't get your hopes up.

I would definitely ask for him by name. ;) You might not get the Assistant waiter with your waiter as they usually always change around.

Before she left for Pullmantur, we sailed the Empress again and spoke to a lot of the staff. Many of them told us they had been on her almost their whole career with RCCL. Many years.

So they do stay on the same ships.

We had the same waiter on Cunard for many cruises because we requested him. ;)

A group of us (12) cruised on the Vision of the Seas in 2006 and had this great waiter named Paulo. In August 2008 ten of us were back on the VOS and the first person we saw when we boarded the ship was Paulo. I immediately went to the Maitre D' and asked that we be moved to Paulo's section in the MDR. And according to the Maitre D’ , asking to be moved to Paulo’s section was considered very high praise and was noted in Paulo’s file.

On HAL -- there are some people who sail the same ship - cruise after cruise after cruise. And yes -- they do request the same dining room staff and -- yes -- they get them.

Now - us -- we sail by itinerary -- thus never on the same ship -- thus never see the same dining room staff -- so we never make any special requests.

Archived