Spa passes, heated loungers, etc.?

elycelynne

I keep hearing references to this, but since I haven't cruised since the dark ages I need an explanation. On the Vista-class ships, what are the thermal suites? Is it something included in the daily charge? What is the daily per person charge? And what else would it entitle me to?

Back in the old days, going to the spa simply meant treating myself to a massage.

Thanks!

Hi Elyce,

I just got off the Eurodam, so I will respond while it is relatively fresh in my memory :o. I bought a one-day thermal suite pass for $40.00. I don't know if that charge is consistent; this was a Canada/New England cruise. I don't recall what the charge was for the entire cruise because I only wanted the one day.

Now, I don't use all of the facilities that are available, but I will tell you what I remember. You are given a door key for the thermal suite and for a locker in the change room. The change room has lockers, showers and bathrooms. Your spa robe and slippers are in the locker you are assigned, and I slipped the robe over my bathing suit to go between rooms. The first room I went to had the heated ceramic loungers (pure bliss :D), and sauna/steam (?) rooms. I don't use those rooms so I don't know the difference between sauna and steam, or if there even is one. All I know is that when you open the door, steam comes out and it is HOT!

After relaxing on a lounger for about 20 minutes, I went into the room with the thalassotherapy pool (I think that's what they call it), which is a large, warm, pool with vibrating water jets along one end where you can lay across aluminum pipes. Doesn't sound all that comfortable, but it is because the water keeps you buoyant. In the middle of the pool is a whirlpool which has stronger jets and feels warmer, although I'm not sure that it is. After about a half hour in the pool, I returned to the ceramic loungers (I want one in my house!) to totally relax. The changerooms have the same Elemis products that are available in your stateroom to cleanse and moisturize with.

As I recall, that was the sum of the thermal suite facilities, but someone else will let you know if there is more that I have forgotten (or didn't know about).

Have fun!

I keep hearing references to this, but since I haven't cruised since the dark ages I need an explanation. On the Vista-class ships, what are the thermal suites? Is it something included in the daily charge? What is the daily per person charge? And what else would it entitle me to?

Back in the old days, going to the spa simply meant treating myself to a massage.

Thanks!

While I didn't visit the thermal spa on the Vista class, there are some things that they offer on the "S" class that are the same.

They have the thermal chairs. They are heated ceramic tiles. They don't look comfy,but God, these chairs are like heaven!! They will melt away all stress and worry from you.

They also have the showers with the different scents,the steam rooms, and sauna.

The daily rate pass was $20 and you could also purchase passes for the cruise. The price on my 14 day was $150 for one person an $250 for a couple. On shorter or longer cruises, the price can vary. They only sell a limited number of passes to the spa.

I know that for me, the best time to head there was late afternoon. I would go around 4 p.m. and stay until 6 p.m.. I had the whole area to myself!!

I really enjoy the spa as a relaxing way to enjoy my cruise.

I attached pictures of the thermal chairs and the sauna. Mind you this is on a "S" class ship so the layout will vary from a Vista class,but will give you an idea.

----------------

Now playing: Mike Phillips - Will You Stick With Me

via FoxyTunes

DSCF0021.jpg.3d2e2bb0f43d637503499c0b0a73ee8b.jpg

DSCF0640.jpg.2e02227969ad177553a05e4874865773.jpg

DSCF0643.jpg.abf8b0cdca61f5504063d335ca45fe70.jpg

Hi Elyce,

You are given a door key for the thermal suite and for a locker in the change room.

Just to be clear to the OP, you must give them your cruise card at the salon desk, they give you a key for the thermal suite and locker in exchange. When you are finished, you give them back their keys and they give you back your cruise card. This is repeated for every visit. Happy Sailing!

I must add that the thermal suite with the loungers has a glass wall and the loungers face it. The view is wonderful. The therapy pool is also amazing. The jets in the middle of the pool are pretty strong and you can position your back or shoulders under them. It is almost as good as a massage. The pair of rooms are wonderful. Check them out on the first day whe they offer tours of the spa. They offer a weeklong package for 2, but I don't remember the cost. We enjoyed this so much on the Zuiderdam that I will probably be heading to the spa first thing to sign up. They sell a limited number of packages and I plan to be in there. :D

Is the day pass good for more than one visit on a given day? That is, could I spend some time in the morning, leave, and then come back in the afternoon?

I believe the day pass is good for 1 day, not 1 visit. I know for a cruise pass, they put a special sticker on your cruise card so the salon desk knows that you are eligible for entry. I'm not sure what they give you for a day pass because I have only purchased for the entire length of the cruise. Happy Sailing!

Concur with all the above postings. On the "S" class ships (Maasdam) there was a private outside veranda with the old style steamer chairs, great view to port and forward. Bought the 14 day pass for $150 and usually went right when they opened at 8:00 AM (gym was open earlier), in two weeks only saw 1 other person in the area. One other addition, the shower in the private area had a rain fall shower head, loved it!

Edit: Each morning in a small room off the entry they had fresh fruit, juice and bottled water available, no charge.

This is absolutely the most wonderful package! The thermal loungers are so comfortable! There is the spectacular view, and they play the most soothing music. As mentioned before the late afternoon the area is desserted. I often would shower before leaving enjoying the large showers! No shower curtain sticking to you there!

We pre-purchased the full week pass from Ship's Services for our cruise on the Eurodam at the end of the month.

The price for the two of us was $250.00 for the week.

This will be our first time enjoying the Thermal Suite package but it sounds very relaxing!

This information is good, I had some of the same questions. The question I still have, however, relates to the little fountain thing I see in the pictures by the loungers. I have seen it in other photos as well and can't quite figure it out. It resembles the water fountain thing in my dentist's office when I was a child... What is it?

The question I still have, however, relates to the little fountain thing I see in the pictures by the loungers. I have seen it in other photos as well and can't quite figure it out. It resembles the water fountain thing in my dentist's office when I was a child... What is it?

It's a little water fountain thing, not unlike what you saw in your dentist's office. But you don't spit into it! :eek:

It's the soft noise of running water that's part of the relaxation.

Is the day pass good for more than one visit on a given day? That is, could I spend some time in the morning, leave, and then come back in the afternoon?
Most definitely. DH & I bought a one-day pass on the Amsterdam and we had full in/out privileges for the entire day. We paid $40 for both of us & since we did it on a port day when the ship was almost empty, we had the thermal suite virtually to ourselves. It turned out to be a wonderful choice for a shore excursion! :D:D

Concur with all the above postings. On the "S" class ships (Maasdam) there was a private outside veranda with the old style steamer chairs, great view to port and forward. Bought the 14 day pass for $150 and usually went right when they opened at 8:00 AM (gym was open earlier), in two weeks only saw 1 other person in the area. One other addition, the shower in the private area had a rain fall shower head, loved it!

Edit: Each morning in a small room off the entry they had fresh fruit, juice and bottled water available, no charge.

I will be on the Maasdam for 28 nights in Nov. (2 14 day BTB cruises) Does anyone know if I buy the 14 day pass for $150 if I could use it for any 14 days in that 28 day period or would it have to be 14 consecutive days?

Archived