Which ships have window suites?

Sandy R

Which ships currently have window suites? Which ships will be getting them in the near future? Are they all located in the front of the ship? Has anyone been upgraded to a WS from a mini-suite? We always book a mini-suite and say we're open for an upgrade... wishing for a suite. That said, we wouldn't want to give up our balcony for a WS. Can that happen without Princess asking us if we'll accept one?

Which ships currently have window suites? Which ships will be getting them in the near future? Are they all located in the front of the ship? Has anyone been upgraded to a WS from a mini-suite? We always book a mini-suite and say we're open for an upgrade... wishing for a suite. That said, we wouldn't want to give up our balcony for a WS. Can that happen without Princess asking us if we'll accept one?

At this point, I believe that only the Golden and Caribbean Princess' have the window suites. The Star's weren't installed because of her abbreviated drydock.

This does throw a monkey wrench into the whole guarantee game. I looked on the deck plans for the CB and Golden but couldnt see the window suites.

This does throw a monkey wrench into the whole guarantee game. I looked on the deck plans for the CB and Golden but couldnt see the window suites.

On the Golden, the window suites are located on Deck 6 midships. You can see their location on the Golden's deck plan at http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/np/deck_plans/index.html.

On the Golden, the window suites are located on Deck 6 midships. You can see their location on the Golden's deck plan at http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/np/deck_plans/index.html.

Thanks, silly me, I didn't think to look on deck 6. They do look interesting but I'm not sure I would want to give up the balcony. Maybe it would depend on the itinerary. We did book a mini guarantee on the Diamond for 2011, after it goes into drydock, I wonder if they will be adding these type suites.

• 1 year later...

I would certainly book one if I were able to on the New England itinerary as there is only one sea day and all the rest the ship is in port. They would be great and I wish they were on the Emerald.

Jennie

We have booked Window Suites 3 times. Whenever the WS cost is at or near the price of a minisuite we jump on the opportunity to book one.

Do we miss the balcony? Yes.

However, the size, perks, location, quietness, and isolated area of the WS more than a makes up for the balcony.

Of course, that is just our opinion.

I would certainly book one if I were able to on the New England itinerary as there is only one sea day and all the rest the ship is in port. They would be great and I wish they were on the Emerald.

Jennie

That is precisely what we thought! Luckily, we'll be on the Caribbean Princess for the Canada/New England cruise, so we were able to upgrade. Plus, with getting the 2 credits for booking a full suite, we'll get our Elite status for our next cruise in February. :)

Now that everyone has been talking up WS for the past few weeks on many posts, they will start booking up faster and the price will stay up and there won't be any good deals anymore.

That's what I'm afraid of!! We just discovered and experienced the WS for the first time on the Canada/New England CB cruise a couple weeks ago. Loved it! And am now worried about WS being "discovered" and availability and price starting to go out of my reach. But then, perhaps Princess will add them to its other ships and there will be more to choose from. :)

That's what I'm afraid of!! We just discovered and experienced the WS for the first time on the Canada/New England CB cruise a couple weeks ago. Loved it! And am now worried about WS being "discovered" and availability and price starting to go out of my reach. But then, perhaps Princess will add them to its other ships and there will be more to choose from. :)

You're probably 100% correct. Remember when the "AD" mini's use to be a best kept secret.....:):):)

Bob

As stated, we have booked Window Suites three times, the first in 2009.

To quell the angst, we went back and checked the Cruise Critic postings following our 2009 and 2010 cruises in WS and re-read the postings about what great bargains they are. The postings were just about the same.

Voila! The CC postings extolling the qualities of the WS have had absolutely no (repeat no) effect on the prices over the past three years.

In 2009 as now, Window Suite prices are low and compete with mini prices during off peak periods such as May to Canada/New England and on some under untilized itineraries -- e.g. hard time to sell cabins. It is during these periods of low utilization that the price of these cabins are roughly the same as minis.

WS prices are high and compare with other full suite prices during high seasons and on very popular cruise itineraries. On these cruises virtually all cabins are sold out and wait listed.

Checking the Canada/New England July cabin prices indicates that they are about double and some more than double the May prices in all categories - including WS.

Ergo, there has been no demonstrable change in Princess pricing of the WS over the past three years despite many, many CC posts stating what a great bargain they are. Low demand period - lower price, high demand period - higher price.

The Princess computer and pricing formulae appear to be constant.

However, one never knows.

We booked a WS for our May cruise to Alaska, even though many people said to NOT cruise Alaska without a balcony. We've done Alaska with a balcony already, and it was nice, but the perks were too good to pass up on this cruise. We can always walk up one deck to go outside. And the price was awesome for this cruise.. WS was going for $1419, while the cheapest balcony was $ 1499., and the cheapest mini suite was $ 1674 . To us it was a no-brainer !!

Archived