1st-timer looking for the best Beaches!

Sedge Man

Hi all,

First post/first cruise. :)

My wife and I are not "excursion people," and are simply looking to lounge on nicest beaches for our upcoming cruise (11/21 on the Liberty). We're stopping at Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios.

Any help here? Thanks!!

Welcome to cruising and to CruiseCritic!!

Cozumel: Nachi Cocom, Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos....lots of beaches here.

Grand Cayman: 7 Mile Beach or Rum Point Beach

Ocho Rios: I haven't been to a beach here, but there is a Margaritaville with beach right next to the port.

Also, go to the ports of call boards for each port to get lots of info.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Hi all,

My wife and I are not "excursion people," and are simply looking to lounge on nicest beaches for our upcoming cruise (11/21 on the Liberty). We're stopping at Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios.

Any help here? Thanks!!

We are on the same sailing- you should come check out the roll call.

I agree on the beaches the other posted listed.

Enjoy!

Kathy

Welcome to cruising and to CruiseCritic!!

Cozumel: Nachi Cocom, Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos....lots of beaches here.

Grand Cayman: 7 Mile Beach or Rum Point Beach

Ocho Rios: I haven't been to a beach here, but there is a Margaritaville with beach right next to the port.

Also, go to the ports of call boards for each port to get lots of info.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Excellent reply, KenMo! I really like Paradise Beach in Cozumel (about a 20-minute taxi ride from the pier. Can't remember if there's an entry fee, but there's a small zoo you can make donations to. Pretty beach, plenty of beach chairs, palapas, nice restaurant/bar, and a place to rent water sports equipment.

On Grand Cayman, take a taxi to 7-mile Beach..the public area. Rent chairs (not much shade), and there are snack shops and beach service. Kind of high priced, but the beach is really long and beautiful, and you can see the all the ships at anchor. The only bad thing is the taxi van back to the tendering poing. The driver will make you wait until uor are completely crammed into every seat before you leave. Shades of St. Thomas!

At Ocho Rios, there is a small - kind of OK - beach next to Margaritaville. Both are just a short walk from the ship's pier. IMO, it's really more fun inside Margaritaville...there's a pool with a slide, and lots of entertainment.

Have a wonderful time!

Hi all,

Any help here? Thanks!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!! If you can't find an answer here you can't find one anywhere!!

In Ocho I'd suggest you do the short walk to Margaritaville... great beach, good food and drink!!!

Grand Cayman... 7 Mile Beach... end of story...

Cozumel... Paradise Beach, Mr. Sancho's or Playa Mia... all great...

Have a wonderful time on your voyage and do us the favor of a report when you return!!!

:)

We have been to these ports many times (Cozumel as many as 5 times a year) and I echo the above recommendations.

IN Cozumel -

IF you are a couple (without children) and want an all inclusive (ie you can drink $49.95 a person ~which also comes with one 3 course meal) and you just want to relax on the beach...then Nachi is the place for you. They do offer snorkeling, but it costs extra.

IF you are like us and can't get your money's worth out of an all inclusive, then I would recommend Paradise Beach. We used to go to Mr. Sanchos for years until Paradise Beach opened up....and I have found just small differences like cleaner restrooms at Paradise Beach along with the fact that you do not need water shoes to enter the water from the North end at Paradise Beach.

If you have folks with you that want to be entertained by water/land toys...than definately Paradise Beach. They have the most water/land toys of any beach resort AND they do not charge an entrance fee... and they do not charge for their chairs, tables, umbrellas etc etc etc. (even the internet is free at the bar). And they have the comfortable beach chairs...not the hard plastic kind!!

Also note that since all the beach resorts on the West side face the MAINLAND and not open ocean.....a norte can make the water murky (or if there is a TD in the area). But this will affect ALL the beach resorts since they all run one after the other..they all have the same water.

We were there Friday and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!

IN Grand Cayman - you can't go wrong with 7 Mile Beach. But just a word of caution...(IMHO) Grand Cayman can get a bit pricy....so be prepared.

IN Ocho Rios - this is NOT an area that I would do a beach at. I would just get off the ship and walk to The Island Village (nice sidewalks all the way) and that is where Margaritaville is.

Go to the library, check out a book on your ports (in the "travel" section) and it will tell you about ALL of the beaches in each place. There are several...some are good for kids, others, for snorkling, etc....plus, it will tell you how far they are, how to get there, what it will cost, if there are bathrooms, food, drink.....

i've been to paradise beach in cozumel. i loved it. there is an entry fee, maybe $10, that includes your chair, float, an umbrella if you're lucky enough to get one. there's also a resturant and bar there and they have people coming around to take your drink and food orders. you don't have to pay each time you order, just pay when you start to leave. they have a lot of water sports)also included in entry fee), parasailing, and you can also get a massage on the beach. it wasn't one of the excursions carnival had listed so we ask the girl at the desk where she goes if she has the day off, paradise was her pick. i've been to grand cayman but did some shopping that day. i've never been to jamaica so i can't help you there. have a nice cruise!!!:)

Cozumel - Recommend the National Park - Take a cab from where the boat lets you off

G. Cayman - 7 Mile Beach is my favorite anywhere. Tell the cab driver that you want to go where there is free access and check where you can get a cab for the return trip.

O. Riios - I would not do a beach here. I would either stay on the boat or with a boat sponsored excursion.

Grand Cayman- 7 mile beach is beautiful but we prefer Rum Point on the north side of the island away from the crowds.

Ocho- there is a beach right by Margaritaville but you will be bugged to death by vendors. There is a beachy area at the bottom of Dunns Falls. It is quite crowded but if you walk further up the beach the vendors leave you alone and you can always take a quick dip in the falls pools if you get too salty. There is a 15.00 entry fee, I think.

Archived